The Politics Place

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

runaway-mindtrain said:

The Phantom Menace was a great movie actually, created by Americans...It reminded me of the Revolutionary war...where we made sure the opinions of British slaves to the crown were never to be heard on American soil again. I know, I know I know... that was over two hundred years ago, but the British menace infecting our shores had to be dealt with since the Union Jack siths were the original wankers...

I also love how all the bad guys in the Star Wars movies have British accents...that really lines up with reality in so many ways. .

Look, all I’m saying is... Nickelback have some good songs. Let’s try to not be so negative.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

🎶 Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves 🎶

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

DON'T YOU TREAD ON ME! *waves Marmite flag*

Oh I like marmite. Just not with baked beans. Don’t be mixing moists.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

So Dr She Zhengli who runs the bat virus research at the wuhan institute, when asked about the three people hospitalized said in response "I don't know of any
Can you give me some names?"

Also when asked if she was doing gain-of-function research said" absolutely not! We were just taking the virus to see if we could get it to infect human cells."

In regards to her comments , the wuhan institute has the obligation to share medical records of the 300 or so lab workers to see whether or not any took a trip to the hospital. But these records are not being released. Instead Zhengli makes it our job to find out who got sick and if we don't know she ain't gonna tell you.

Next, gain of function research
Takes a virus that poorly infects humans and tries to make it infect humans better
Dr. She states her research took viruses that did not infect humans
And try to make it infect human cells lines in petri dishes.

Whatever you want to call it, her research could have very well created the covid 19 monster.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5593

Here's an interesting topic :  Brittany Spears and the conservatorship she has been bound to:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a34113034/why-longtime-britney-spears-fans-are-demanding-to-freebritney/

So what does everyone think of that?  Personally , I was never a fan-girl of Brit, but I do think it's sad that her life has ended up as a form of bondage and slavery to her father.  Yeah, she flipped out a number of years ago, but was it such that it required the drastic measures of her father , legally controlling every aspect of her life, for the rest of her life?   If every celebrity who ever had an issue that needed intervention, ended up as a legal pawn of someone else, I'm sure the entertainment industry would look a whole lot uglier than it currently is.

Thoughts, anyone?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

I am just gonna come out an lay it bare for all to see.
It is not my idea,I never climbed this tree.

Some countries, the third world ones,
who have taken handouts from the united states,
simply have evolved to be chronically addicted to the handouts,
and never actually escaped from the poverty they were suffering from.

And then, some countries, that didn't set well with the USA, such as communist ones,
are now thriving, after never receiving a dime from Uncle Sam.

China, for instance, never got any aid,  but has done quite well over the last few twenty or forty years.

What they did receive, at some point, is the businesses from around the world,
set up shop there.  Then as the cheap labor kept flowing, things flourished for china,
as it slowly withered away  for much manufacturing in America.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

rabbitquest said:I am just gonna come out an lay it bare for all to see.
It is not my idea,I never climbed this tree.

Some countries, the third world ones,
who have taken handouts from the united states,
simply have evolved to be chronically addicted to the handouts,
and never actually escaped from the poverty they were suffering from.

And then, some countries, that didn't set well with the USA, such as communist ones,
are now thriving, after never receiving a dime from Uncle Sam.

China, for instance, never got any aid,  but has done quite well over the last few twenty or forty years.

What they did receive, at some point, is the businesses from around the world,
set up shop there.  Then as the cheap labor kept flowing, things flourished for china,
as it slowly withered away  for much manufacturing in America.

They may not have received dimes from the USA, but they've gotten many other things from "US", in the way of spoils, such as how those in our leadership , just handed Afghanistan over to them, along with a load of military weaponry which they're probably already eagerly digging into .

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

handed it back to them after 20 years :),

weaponary had to be part of the deal. no fkn way the best army in the world is gonna leave all their stuff.  coupla trucks fair enuff butt come on

it stinks I tell ya.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

“Though violent action is sometimes associated with nihilism, what makes such activity nihilistic, it seems, is the belief that ultimately nothing will come out of it. When nihilists throw themselves into activity it is with the understanding that its only goal is the expression and dissipation of their life's energy. Any creative product will eventually be consumed by decay. Since there is nothing that humans can do to mend the separation between themselves and reality, they can never actualize their supreme standards of worth and value. This world must remain substandard no matter what we do to try and change the situation.”
― John Marmysz

As a Nihilist my views on politics are...well...ah...

Cheers...Harry

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

lepperochan said:handed it back to them after 20 years :),

weaponary had to be part of the deal. no fkn way the best army in the world is gonna leave all their stuff.  coupla trucks fair enuff butt come on

it stinks I tell ya.

Exactly.

I heard a theory that to me, sounds very plausible -- China and a few other countries helped get Trump out of office by assisting with the election fraud, and those in charge of the election outcome, handed over Afghanistan and all our arsenal as payment

What goes around, comes around , though, eventually ....

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

In the couple of weeks during the kabul airport,
the usa military made damned sure those planes left behind were inop

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

The English Government
not the British
the ones who run the
Government
and the ones
who work
In The Government
not ALL The People

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Just bumping this thread, since it's for random political and social topics.

Posting a request here:  if anyone is a blood donor or would be interested in being one , please donate!  Here in the USA, we have a severe blood shortage and I'm sure other countries do as well.

We are in desperate need of type O and type B, units, both rH positive and negative .

Here is the link to the American Red Cross where you can find out about donating if you are interested to:

https://www.redcrossblood.org/

A unit of blood has a lifespan of approx 35 days, hence why more is always needed. Most units are transfused and rarely does one not get used for outdating.   We are at beyond critical low inventory right now all over, and just in the labs where I work , we have 5 O pos units and 3 O negs in the refrigerator-- we should have about 25 and 12 at full inventory .

So yeah, we want your blood !  Please consider donating , especially if you are type O or B.

Thanks so much !

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

lepperochan said:handed it back to them after 20 years :),

it stinks I tell ya.

It does stink. It is just oldschool geo politics. The reason China is interested in Afghanistan is the same reason Russia and the U.S. were...because it has one of the largest reservoirs of rare earth minerals that are used in digital technology. The same reason the Romans took control of the British Isles..for the Tin mines used in their bronze metallurgy of weapons. Controlling natural resources is the hidden agenda covered over by political rhetoric. China helped fraudulently install a false president to oust the actual threat known as Trump. 80 billion in weapons to a terrorist organization to control the land. That is why China was the first country to recognize the new leadership of the Taliban. All thanks to anti trump rinos and biden supporters helping elites orchestrate a coup with lies and force instead of the vote...just like authoritarians have done in country after country for 100 years....

Thanks democrats and neo con Republican cowards..

The world saw Trump NOT start any new wars while brokering 5 peace agreements and being hardline against terrorists... That reputation is now completely destroyed....

Go to page:
Go to: