The_Silly_Sibyl
Essex Boy
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 565

runaway-mindtrain said:

The Phantom Menace was a great movie actually, created by Americans...It reminded me of the Revolutionary war...where we made sure the opinions of British slaves to the crown were never to be heard on American soil again. I know, I know I know... that was over two hundred years ago, but the British menace infecting our shores had to be dealt with since the Union Jack siths were the original wankers...

I also love how all the bad guys in the Star Wars movies have British accents...that really lines up with reality in so many ways. .

Look, all I’m saying is... Nickelback have some good songs. Let’s try to not be so negative.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
Korea, North
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2249

🎶 Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves 🎶

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
Korea, North
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2249

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

DON'T YOU TREAD ON ME! *waves Marmite flag*

Oh I like marmite. Just not with baked beans. Don’t be mixing moists.

rabbitquest
rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1864

So Dr She Zhengli who runs the bat virus research at the wuhan institute, when asked about the three people hospitalized said in response "I don't know of any
Can you give me some names?"

Also when asked if she was doing gain-of-function research said" absolutely not! We were just taking the virus to see if we could get it to infect human cells."

In regards to her comments , the wuhan institute has the obligation to share medical records of the 300 or so lab workers to see whether or not any took a trip to the hospital. But these records are not being released. Instead Zhengli makes it our job to find out who got sick and if we don't know she ain't gonna tell you.

Next, gain of function research
Takes a virus that poorly infects humans and tries to make it infect humans better
Dr. She states her research took viruses that did not infect humans
And try to make it infect human cells lines in petri dishes.

Whatever you want to call it, her research could have very well created the covid 19 monster.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Here's an interesting topic :  Brittany Spears and the conservatorship she has been bound to:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a34113034/why-longtime-britney-spears-fans-are-demanding-to-freebritney/

So what does everyone think of that?  Personally , I was never a fan-girl of Brit, but I do think it's sad that her life has ended up as a form of bondage and slavery to her father.  Yeah, she flipped out a number of years ago, but was it such that it required the drastic measures of her father , legally controlling every aspect of her life, for the rest of her life?   If every celebrity who ever had an issue that needed intervention, ended up as a legal pawn of someone else, I'm sure the entertainment industry would look a whole lot uglier than it currently is.

Thoughts, anyone?

Bon_Mot
Bon_Mot
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Feb 2020
Forum Posts: 36

If the piece is true (and complete), the situation does seem “unjust”---  This may be just one more reminder that there is a difference between “justice” and “the law.”  

Go to page:
Go to: