Go to page:

The Politics Place

poet Anonymous

^ Curiously. Where do atheists & humanists sit on this God political platform?

poet Anonymous

Hope you all voting Plaid Cymru in this weeks Senedd elections. Lol.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 752

Strangeways_Rob said:^ Curiously. Where do atheists & humanists sit on this God political platform?

If there was no God there would be no atheists...religion and politics are created by humans to subjugate life....spirituality created life...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Being serious for once. Deadly serious. Are there people who consider Covid to be a hoax? Can recall reading that it nothing more than the flu on here.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

@Rob

I saw a couple that were firmly in the hoax camp at the beginning, but they are no longer members. Can’t think of anybody lately waving the hoax flag, but I may be wrong.

I’ve had my vaccine (clinically vulnerable) so I believe it’s real. 🙂

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017

Covid 19 is a virus, like so many we have had for hundreds, if not thousands of years. The draconian measures implemented and now in play are not the normal historical actions taken for all other viruses that were sometimes weaker and some much deadlier. I will leave that for the intellectual poets here to contemplate and access. History is full of many different situations being taken advantage of by elite power brokers...

However, I would resist speaking down those that question authority. It makes comments sound pro authoritarian. All government actions should be questioned. At least, that is what was taught by the founders of the U.S.

poet Anonymous

Thanks for replies.

I speaking merely of the here & now. Of thousands dying too fast to be counted. Of compassion & humanity. Can only speak of UK, but covid has (temporary) dissipated all political differences.
I had an academic interest in The Black Death. Hardly a barrel of fun, but even then it was exploited by the powers that be. History & scientists will record the pertinence of Lockdowns. They have worked here. Undisputed.

Anti-Authority? Mmm, the UK & USA are culturally miles apart. I’d associate AA with Ian Bone’s Class War – certainly not ANTIFA, the EDL or our equivalent of the proud boys. Opinions are like @rseholes. We all have one. Have no interest in a political debate on an international poetry web-site. If there is no reply, it simply I chose not to read. Or not bothered. It's not ignorance.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I really think that,
the virus doesnt exist
the virus exists

But then again, point blank,
dove-tailed, regardless
It's time to go, in laramie wyoming

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

Is there anything more disgusting than a politician? The Clintons on the left and these guys on the right. The corruption is everywhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vo3czL_UiU

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017

Noble_Incubus said:Is there anything more disgusting than a politician? The Clintons on the left and these guys on the right. The corruption is everywhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vo3czL_UiU

"Politics is the last refuge for the incompetent"-- Cicero...2000 years ago....not much has changed

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

runaway-mindtrain said:

"Politics is the last refuge for the incompetent"-- Cicero...2000 years ago....not much has changed

True.

I suppose the only difference now is that information is so accessible. It is becoming more difficult for politicians to hide their skeletons.

Go to page:
Go to: