Go to page:

The Politics Place

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

cold_fusion said:
It is surprisingly irrelevant to others what matters in your personal court of opinion.

The dude even tried to rope in Tucker Carlson into this much to the anguish of poor Tucks lol..

At least my news sources are mainstream, tried, tested and accountable ones with impeccable records. Not some shock jock talk show hosts or blatant conspiracy theorists posing as journalists and who peddle their opinion as news.

And sorry to break it you...both the FBI and the Justice Department are doing their job, by Law they're the ones to investigate and bring out the truth. Not your personal opinion.😉


Impeccable? Like the Pope? Why did they spoil the investigation into corruption, then?

If my opinion mattered so little you wouldnít enjoy engaging me.

And to circle back, If the NYT was so flawless - why is it losing in court to project veritas over malicious misrepresentation of their work?

rabbitquest
rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1841

While Jack all work and no play,
And Jill?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1262851


MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5348

rabbitquest said:While Jack all work and no play,
And Jill?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1262851



Yep-- that whole bunch of them, are good at pretending to be something they aren't. ..

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

MadameLavender said:

Yep-- that whole bunch of them, are good at pretending to be something they aren't. ..




Yup!

PS - new designation: politically homeless. I like that one. Joe Rogan and someone else started it, but Iím in!!!

In other news:

Always having my trust destroyed in Fox. Here again - I canít build respect for Tucker Carlson or Fox News when they peddle destructive, have/have-not theories that sound far too communist for my comfort about our economy.

https://youtu.be/ivOHuMzCI1A

You donít have to like government spending to see the gaping flaws in the economic theory.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892


https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/americas-national-parks-face-existential-crisis-race/story?id=71528972

This story is blatantly missing the truth about park visitors. So I included a graphic illustrating the problem with their thinking.


EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

Sexual identity is now a social construct, but physical purpose and identity in breeding can still have a name without taking the space occupied by new kinds of men and women genders.

I propose:

wombdolls and spermers. (They make babies together with their natural parts.) 👍

runaway-mindtrain
runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 508

It takes dicks together with pussies to make babies unless you are a dick or a pussy that attempts authoritarian control of language. In which case it is best you don't make babies...

runaway-mindtrain
runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 508

WHO Rejects Vaccine Passports ĎAt This Stageí https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/who-rejects-vaccine-passports-at-this-stage_3764309.html

WHO, ACLU, Florida, Texas, etc. All reject Mass'er Biden's Soviet styled Vaccine passport. If you are for this...you are an authoritarian dedicated to state rule and you reject freedom in it's basic form

Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 150

runaway-mindtrain said:WHO Rejects Vaccine Passports ĎAt This Stageí https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/who-rejects-vaccine-passports-at-this-stage_3764309.html

WHO, ACLU, Florida, Texas, etc. All reject Mass'er Biden's Soviet styled Vaccine passport. If you are for this...you are an authoritarian dedicated to state rule and you reject freedom in it's basic form


Itís easy to complain, but hard to find actual solutions. What would you do if you were Joe Biden? Have you really thought about this issue?

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047


Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 150

lepperochan said:https://youtu.be/GOQGdem9xcY

Classic! 👍

I saw a video of Joe Biden trying to board Air Force One and he tripped up the stairs twice! It makes you wonder if he really is the one in charge.

That being said, itís my hope that politicians actually listen to the experts for a change instead of repeating tired old ideologies, so maybe itís not such a bad thing if Biden is simply a figurehead.

I hear that Biden is pushing through some major infrastructure spending.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7_lZlc0hhs

I think it is a great idea in principle. Trump promised major infrastructure reform and didnít deliver, so I hope it all works out for you guys this time around.

Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 150

So... population growth and immigration, are you for or against?

Here is an interesting video on the subject.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYuo2QdNu88

I can certainly verify that from the Australian perspective that immigration props up our economy.

I think she has cause and effect backwards with regards to capitalism. I see it as more adaptive than that, so if populations decline capitalism will adapt to the new paradigm, it wonít suddenly fail.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5348

Noble_Incubus said:



That being said, itís my hope that politicians actually listen to the experts for a change instead of repeating tired old ideologies, so maybe itís not such a bad thing if Biden is simply a figurehead.

I hear that Biden is pushing through some major infrastructure spending.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7_lZlc0hhs

I think it is a great idea in principle. Trump promised major infrastructure reform and didnít deliver, so I hope it all works out for you guys this time around.



I'm not so sure it's that Trump didn't deliver , so much as he couldn't or was prevented from delivering , by those in big places of power, who opposed him.  

Biden is pushing through some massive spending, alright, but only a small percentage of it goes toward "improvements" for the people & the rest goes to pet projects and pocket lining , all at the expense of us, the taxpayers.  

Personally , I think that all bills should be voted on by the people , not the politicians.  They're supposed to be working for us, not making decisions that negatively affect everyone except themselves , with no say from their constituents.

Time for some recall elections and term limits .

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

I think any -ism on its own creates problems. If you look at some of the most successful societies: Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, NewZealand  etc there is a fine mix of the isms which works well

if you take a country which is staunch capitalist like the USA, sure there is a lot of success and wealth but there is also the [what I would call Ďwhat comes out of the exhaust from the capitalist truckí] abject poverty which is a disgrace in terms of humanity




Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 150

MadameLavender said:


I'm not so sure it's that Trump didn't deliver , so much as he couldn't or was prevented from delivering , by those in big places of power, who opposed him.  

Biden is pushing through some massive spending, alright, but only a small percentage of it goes toward "improvements" for the people & the rest goes to pet projects and pocket lining , all at the expense of us, the taxpayers.  

Personally , I think that all bills should be voted on by the people , not the politicians.  They're supposed to be working for us, not making decisions that negatively affect everyone except themselves , with no say from their constituents.

Time for some recall elections and term limits .


In the case of Trump we should call it what it actually was: incompetence.

He had broad support, he just didnít know how to make it happen.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.governing.com/archive/gov-trump-infrastructure-plan.html%3fAMP

As for the voting on bills idea. It is interesting, I suppose with electronic voting you could feasibly make it work. Iím not sure what the consequences would be. People are already apathetic about voting and really understanding the issues.

Go to page:
Go to: