Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572


That's right, DUPeeps.

NaPoWriMo 2022 will be here before you know it.

As for those NaPo Group Members who haven't checked in for a while and haven't been receiving group notifications for whatever bizzare reason, please login in to see what you've been missing!


AspergerPoet56
AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1538

Funny you sgould post was just thinking about April 2022
let me say im in ... looking forward to it

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

AspergerPoet56 said:Funny you sgould post was just thinking about April 2022
let me say im in ... looking forward to it


Excellent! We will fight side by side against the Dead. Say it loud and proud with Johnny Snow now,

To hell with any typos - WHAT IS READ MAY NEVER DIE!




AspergerPoet56
AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1538

Being recently sight impaired i rely on others to correct my little slip up small leyboard fat fingers 😂


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11290

Whooo hoooo! T-Minus three months to Registration launch! If you think that's a long time, don't blink! It FLIES! Especially with the holiDAZE!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:Whooo hoooo! T-Minus three months to Registration launch! If you think that's a long time, don't blink! It FLIES! Especially with the holiDAZE!

Right? I blinked twice already and next thing I knew, Summer and Autumn were over.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
37awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1017

Looking forward to NaPo April 2022 as an excuse to take it easy from a big building project

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Josh said:Looking forward to NaPo April 2022 as an excuse to take it easy from a big building project

That's the spirit, Josh!

When April rolls around, it's just like riding a bike . . . right over a cliff.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
37awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1017

JohnnyBlaze said:

That's the spirit, Josh!

When April rolls around, it's just like riding a bike . . . right over a cliff.


... cliff-hang-glider ... it'll be a breeze riding the wind ...

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11290

Josh said:

... cliff-hang-glider ... it'll be a breeze riding the wind ...


I plan on taking a bit of time off to enjoy this annual DU tradition! The longest in its history, I believe ( thanks to the members who make it so ).

Until then, work work school school!!

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 539

JohnnyBlaze said:That's right, DUPeeps.

NaPoWriMo 2022 will be here before you know it.

As for those NaPo Group Members who haven't checked in for a while and haven't been receiving group notifications for whatever bizzare reason, please login in to see what you've been missing!



Wow!  You wear snow rather elegantly, JB.  Believe me, I've experienced Dr Frost only once in my life, and that was in one of the freeziest parts of the USA -- Milwaukee -- in sub-zero temperatures up to negative 25 degrees.

Don't say I'm digressing, but Jamaica competed in the 1988 BobSled Olympics, the team having SEEN bobsled only for the first time in September 1987.

I am excited about NaPo22; I might even challenge myself to continue writing for another month after the showdown, as I did this year.  Slipalong and I were the only two contenders, and we made it to the end.  He got the prize but I did not, since it was my competition.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

cabcool said:

Wow!  You wear snow rather elegantly, JB.  Believe me, I've experienced Dr Frost only once in my life, and that was in one of the freeziest parts of the USA -- Milwaukee -- in sub-zero temperatures up to negative 25 degrees.

Don't say I'm digressing, but Jamaica competed in the 1988 BobSled Olympics, the team having SEEN bobsled only for the first time in September 1987.

I am excited about NaPo22; I might even challenge myself to continue writing for another month after the showdown, as I did this year.  Slipalong and I were the only two contenders, and we made it to the end.  He got the prize but I did not, since it was my competition.


I remember the movie! Cool Runnings

I live in Wisconsin about 3 hours northwest of Milwaukee, so I know those -25 nights and days all too well. Winter is anywhere from 4 to 6 months long up here.


Summerrain75
Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 233

Looking forward to NaPo22.

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 539

JohnnyBlaze said:

I remember the movie! Cool Runnings

I live in Wisconsin about 3 hours northwest of Milwaukee, so I know those -25 nights and days all too well. Winter is anywhere from 4 to 6 months long up here.



Yes, Cool Runnings was a film made to celebrate the unlikely participation of a gravel-surface country in an icelandic sport.  Creative license has changed some of the facts, of course; nevertheless, 1988 was something to remember.

How interesting that the very state I mention is the one in which you live!  At least you bear out my understanding of how low temperatures can get in that part of the world.  NB  I listen to WPR/MPR radio on my phone.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11290

Summerrain75 said:Looking forward to NaPo22.

Gonna be a blast!

Go to page:
Go to: