Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

Honoria
Tyrant of Words
United States 63awards
Joined 22nd July 2019
Forum Posts: 190

Greetings and salutations poet travelers of the fellowship! While time has proved a challenge in commenting I have been reading everyone’s fantastic entires and wanted you all to know how awesome your poems are! I guess May will be “catch up on comments” month.
Meanwhile, as we round the bend into this homestretch I look forward to the poems yet to come, and how glad I am for the opportunity to take part in this experience.  Thanks everyone and HURRAH to the finish in our sight line! H🌷

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Honoria said:Greetings and salutations poet travelers of the fellowship! While time has proved a challenge in commenting I have been reading everyone’s fantastic entires and wanted you all to know how awesome your poems are! I guess May will be “catch up on comments” month.
Meanwhile, as we round the bend into this homestretch I look forward to the poems yet to come, and how glad I am for the opportunity to take part in this experience.  Thanks everyone and HURRAH to the finish in our sight line! H🌷

We're thrilled that NaPo 2021 is turning out to be a great experience for you, Honoria!

Yes, depending on one's personal siutation, it can be challenging indeed to comment on entries while the comp is in progress. We're almost 2/3rds complete and I've barely had the opportunity to leave but a handful of comments so far.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Honoria said:Greetings and salutations poet travelers of the fellowship! While time has proved a challenge in commenting I have been reading everyone’s fantastic entires and wanted you all to know how awesome your poems are! I guess May will be “catch up on comments” month.

I agree, everyone's poems are stellar! May will be catch up month for me as well. I tried to keep up somewhat and realized it was a doomed effort while NaPo is still in progress.
I am so glad you decided to do NaPo this year!! You are doing great! The end is near

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14578

Honoria, thank you so much for taking the time to use your voice and share your experience. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes by Team NaPo '21, and it's so nice to get positive feedback.

I have been amazed by the offerings this year; they are exceptional considering how difficult the challenge is. Thank you for your continued support of this event!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 926

Seconded- I feel tremendously frustrated with myself for not reading more poems from others and not commenting much. I love all the poetry, and in my capacity as a NaPo team member this time, I definitely am reading even more of them than usual which is an absolutely lovely experience. Definitely looking forward to catching up on the rest later :)

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 20/30

Manmoth messengers harriedly carried word to Moardor that the Eye of DUPon had abandoned her post. Displeased, MOAR!ON obliterated his coffee table with his mighty mace dubbed Grubgrinder. Soon it would be time to wage his final war against all in Muddle Earth who would oppose him!

"Alert all legions to be on the lookout for my Precious!" he commanded.

The Manmoths scattered to notify his minion multitudes that there was mayhem to be made on the horizon.

At that very moment, DUGlo and his companions scaled a little known ancient stairway leading across the mountain chain of Grub Dulgur. Long overgrown with stinkweeds, it was carved into the rock by the Numeralians long ago. On the other side was Moardor, and Mount Dumb further in the East.

"Boy, I sure am getting tired of climbing mountains," said Satin Gamjeez. "One thing is for certain, Mister DUGlo: our abdomens will be chiseled! We'll be in the best shaped of our lives. If we live through this, that is."

The Glowyrm had his doubts when they reached the plateau and laid eyes on Moardor below. Porks marched everywhere about the landscape that was crawling with Beetle Borgs. It would take a miracle for them to reach Mount Dumb without being seen!

To the North, insufferable shrieking erupted again. The Poemwraiths issued forth from Humbug riding through the fouled air on their Smelly Beasts! NaPoWriMo was to be met with all resistance, and with The One Poem ™ nearly within their grasp, the Fellowshippers had not a prayer of even making it to the month of April!

They split up, canvassing the terrain, knowing that the Dark Knight and his grubby little companions would be bent upon destroying the Master's Precious.

The rest of the Fellowship trudged along towards Minus Punctual, the last great kingdom of Muddle Earthian Men surviving from the Ancient Days. It was built by the Numeralians before the stronghold of Moardor was established in direct opposition to its presence.

Having no rightful heir to occupy its throne, the Men of the West were governed by the Steward, Lord Doneitbefore. He was a very unimaginative man with two likewise unimaginative sons, Borrowedverse and Fairlyverse. Convincing them to lead their army into a battle with the minions of MOAR!ON would be no easy task, but such was their only hope in creating enough of a distraction that no one noticed DUGlo travelling through Moardor.

The Dwarves entertained themselves along the way. Honoria abd Sex_on_the_Joe played a game of Slugbug. During a drinking contest, Ghaddess_Worship and cloventongue89 repeatedly fell off their Donkeys.

Zazzles was teasing the Eye of DUPon, trying to make her blink by feigning to poke her with a stick.

"I wouldn't do that," said Lunalass. She pointed to a batch of skeletons in cocoons suspended from the nearby trees. "That's what Sheila and her crew did to the Dwarves during NaPoWriMo last year when they got cocky."

The stick ended up on the road as all of the Dwarves nervously hurried to the front of the caravan.

No one noticed that Smuggle and Duggle had managed to squirm free enough of their duct tape bonds. They fell off of John Ronald and hopped away into the woods.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1161

Ohmygosh it's April 20th!! I see hope on the horizon. Loving all the poetry - and like several poets have said, I'm falling hopelessly behind in reading them all... keep up the good work, everyone!

Also, many thanks to Johnny for the superb story, which gives me chuckles every morning. Just wow... I'm so impressed. 😀

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

brokentitanium said:Ohmygosh it's April 20th!! I see hope on the horizon. Loving all the poetry - and like several poets have said, I'm falling hopelessly behind in reading them all... keep up the good work, everyone!

Also, many thanks to Johnny for the superb story, which gives me chuckles every morning. Just wow... I'm so impressed. 😀

Thank you. It was a joy to write with Ahavati's assistance this year - she always comes through with brilliant ideas, then follows up with the most amazing and hilarious graphics. Batman wouldn't even be in the storyline if not for her and that LEGO Batman is perfect!

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 510

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this years inspired back story and all the hard work the team is putting in to help us cross the Dead Marshes of NaPo 2021, I cant believe there are only 10 poems left. Also a huge thank you to the whole fellowship for all the poems that have been and continue to be,  inspiring to read. I know now when the time comes to take off the ring, I wont want to.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets of the Fellowship! We hope you had  a nice break at the carnival last night! Woot! Woot! You're 2/3rd the way there! Congratulations!

Grab some cotton candy and head on into day 20 of the challenge! Or, if you have no cotton candy, spend the next 24 hours correcting your mistakes to remain in the challenge!

Well done, ALL!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Razzerleaf said:Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this years inspired back story and all the hard work the team is putting in to help us cross the Dead Marshes of NaPo 2021, I cant believe there are only 10 poems left. Also a huge thank you to the whole fellowship for all the poems that have been and continue to be,  inspiring to read. I know now when the time comes to take off the ring, I wont want to.

Thank you, Razzers. Every year we strive to make NaPo as fun as it is challenging, and encourage an atmosphere of support. Would there still be the same level of participation if no Tropheee was given out? I think so.

And, yes, when it is over, it feels very much like the ending of the movie version of The Return Of The King - life returns to normal, but it just doesn't feel the same.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

My so bad. I forgot to post our featured Team Member's visual post yesterday! SatinGamgeez, you're up!

Satin is the spitting image of his parents, Bell Goodchild and Kevin Kline. He grew up with five siblings: Hammond Cheez, Half Fred, Marie Gold, Daisy Cotton, and April May. This is where Satin's experience comes in handy being a Team NaPo Time Keeper, ensuring that our participants are only posting one poem per day; there was only one bathroom in the Gamjeez householed and he was in charge of the stopwatch.

SatInUGal has also been Instagrammed & Tweeted!

https://www.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665/10159204193403665/!

And will be featured on the following platforms tomorrow!

https://www.twitter.com/poeticmedics/

https://www.instagram.com/poeticmedics/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Razzerleaf said:Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this years inspired back story and all the hard work the team is putting in to help us cross the Dead Marshes of NaPo 2021, I cant believe there are only 10 poems left. Also a huge thank you to the whole fellowship for all the poems that have been and continue to be,  inspiring to read. I know now when the time comes to take off the ring, I wont want to.

Razzer, we posted at exactly the same time and you came out on top so I didn't see this post. You've done a great job this year, and we appreciate your support. It has flown, and yet. . .not.  Work, school, NaPo and some personal commitments are kicking my ass this year, so I'm kicking back as hard as I can.

Thank you, again!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 21/30

The Fellowship kept a brisk pace on the road to Minus Punctual, until a Fire Drake suddenly descended from a great height. It streamed a flaming torrent of obscenities upon the nearest forest, quickly reducing it to glowing embers.

"Is that Shmug?" asked PRadriel, straining her Elf eyes.

"I believe it might beee ... Gluaringtypo," chimed Eerowyn. "Yep."

"Nope," said Cool Dude Merry. "That's definitely Analogous."

By the time everyone was done farting around trying to place a name with the face, the Dragon had landed in the road before them!

The Dwarves readied their ink quills, searching for any missing scales in the behemoth's armor to deal a decisive deathblow, while Gimlyroo waited to give them the order to fire.

Riding atop the beast was a woman who said proudly with steadfast determination,

"I am D'Ahavanerys Stormborn of House Grammargaryen, the First of my name, Queen of Assonance, Consonance, and the First Alliterations, Protector of the Seven Punctuations, the Mother of Dragons, the Card Dealer of the Great Crystal Deck, the Unburnt Toast Buttered with Ghee, and the Breaker of Poetry Rules and Chains."

And a man behind her, holding onto the Dragon for dear life, said,

"I am Johnny Snow. April is coming."

Ganjosh the Gray shook his head in exasperation and said "No, no, no. You're in the wrong NaPoWriMo. This is The Lord of the Poems! You want Game of Poems one continent over!" And he grumbled to himself,

Amateurs.

Later that day, they arrived at Minus Punctual, but the guards refused to open the citadel's massive gate. Steward Doneitbefore appeared upon the high wall, lording over them, while his council Wyrmholler addressed the Fellowship waiting below.

"WHAT A BUNCH OF MISERABLE VAGABONDS," he derided. "CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT THE HOUR IS NIGH TO CONCEDE MOAR!ON's VICTORY OVER MUDDLE EARTH?!"

"Ugh," winced Summdir. "His shouting in all CAPS is migraine inducing."

"We did not come here to treat with a halfwit wyrmhole the likes of you," said Jaragorn.

"AND WHO ARE YOU TO TALK DOWN TO ME FROM DOWN THERE WHEN I'M UP HERE TALKING DOWN TO YOU?" mocked the Steward's council.

Lady Ahavarwen rode forward on her donkey and declared, "This is Lord Jaragorn, son of Jaragorn, son of Jaragorn Tolkien, and you owe him your allegiance!"

A hush came over the Steward's council, while numerous city guards murmured excitedly, for Jaragorn was heir to the throne of the Western Men!

And coincidentally, a Tolkien Jrr.

Go to page:
Go to: