Eerie
Eerie
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 550

nomoth said:

Thank Eeriex I'll miss you too.

PS You are doing fucking awesome this year my gods:)

Thank you so much! Until you return....

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5063

EPISODE 17/30

The Nasty Ghoulies inchwormed there way up side of the Musty Mountain, flaming swords in hand. DUGlo, Satin, and the Dark Knight feverishly climbed higher.

In desperation, DUGlo reached for The One Poem ™ hanging from the neck chain tucked underneath his shirt. He seriously considered reading it aloud. Was not the power to tell the Poemwraiths to Back off! at his very fingertips? Would he not become their Master ..?

"Don't you even think about it!" said Satin Gamjeez. "The Poem is pure EVIL!"

"He's right," said the Dark Knight. "The satisfaction of having that power will only be fleeting. Then it will turn your brain into a poe-tayter-tot! Only MOAR!ON is capable of weilding the wretched thing."

DUGlo sighed, reaching for a cliff rock instead. They retreated further up the mountainside, but soon would be able to climb no higher without being seen by the Eye of DUPon!

Larry the Werebadger was about to reach into the waterlogged cell for the first handful of Dwarves to become appetizers when a lone, miniature Donkey strolled in from the woods. It was garnished with a pair of tasty looking Frogs duct taped to its saddle!

"Ohh!" exclaimed bucktoothed Barry. "I call dibbles on the Froggies!"

But when he reached for the panic stricken duo, John Ronald bolted between his hairy legs. Harry shoved his cousin aside and chased the Donkey around the cauldron to no avail until he was out of breath. Smuggle and Duggle were queasy with motion sickness.

No matter how hard the Werebeasts tried, they could not get their clawed paws on the Frogs. John Ronald was too quick and clever for them. And then a curious thing happened as the sun came up: they turned back into the little Animal-Folks they were normally were during daylight hours! Off into the woods scampered Badger, Beaver, and Groundhog.

"Whatever in the world did you whisper to the Donkey?" asked Ahavarwen.

"I only told him to find the Dwarves," replied Jaragorn. "I never expected him to act like such an ass."

Everyone cheered! at their sudden change of fortune, until the reality that they were still imprisoned settled in. The Frog brothers were still duct taped, leaving the Fellowshippers to a fate of hypothermia.

Twenty minutes of brainstorming up an escape to no avail passed when an Ent named Treenuts walked by. He stopped dead in his tracks, horrified at what he saw.

"Many of these trees were my friends!" he cried out in anguish and began tearing apart the dam with his bare branchy hands. Or were they handsy branches ..? "A Werebeaver should know better!"

"Everyone, hold onto your butts!" shouted PRadriel as the swelled up river was suddenly unleashed upon the hillside.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

nomoth said:Sorry guys but I may have to bow out. have not been too great last couple of days but had some really encouraging news about my photos which I will be concentrating on for a while. I send all my luck, inspiration and treasure-depth diving discoveries  to all you guys for the rest of the monthxx  

also will be taking a brief hiatus. so take care and stay safe everyonex

Sorry to see you go, nomoth. Good luck with your photography endevors and be well during your hiatus.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
103awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10485

Greeting, Great Poets of the Fellowship! It's ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE! We wish nomoth well, who, as a photographer, enjoys the view from the summit ( and has plenty of food from the banquet to suffice him for months! )! We are sure he will be wildly successful and content.

If you have reached the "Downhill from Here" sign, you may safely proceed into day 17!!!!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:Sorry guys but I may have to bow out. have not been too great last couple of days but had some really encouraging news about my photos which I will be concentrating on for a while. I send all my luck, inspiration and treasure-depth diving discoveries  to all you guys for the rest of the monthxx  

also will be taking a brief hiatus. so take care and stay safe everyonex

Hi, nomoth. I completely understand about the artistic pull! You are going to be wildly successful, though in my book you already are.

Namaste, my friend! <3

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Those mittens have gotten more mileage than shoes I've owned.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:It's ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LOL! Well done!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:If you have reached the "Downhill from Here" sign, you may safely proceed into day 17!!!!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Sorry! No rest for the Wicked!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 18/30

It was within a matter of minutes that the flood carried them all straight towards the Eye of DUPon. When all was done and said, our Fellowship ended up stuck in the massive spiderweb suspended between the Two Point O Towers.

They were out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Out of options, the Dark Knight spread his arms, and used his cape as a parasail. He leapt off a cliff of the Musty Mountain, leaving the Nasty Ghoulies behind shrieking in frustration. Although, with Satin and DUGlo clinging to him, it wasn't so much hang gliding as it was a controlled crash landing.

And an ugly landing at that. They came to an abrupt splash in the Dreaded Marshes not far away, but far enough that they had a good head start. When the Nasty Ghoulies finally made it back down the mountainside to their miniature black steeds, our rogue Fellowshippers were miles ahead on the way to Moardor.

But ... did the Eye of DUPon see them?

No!

The Eye of DUPon had been preoccupied with the grand surge of water rushing straight for her. She witnessed nothing else! The raging waters had also washed away the Pork guards, giving the Fellowship some time to think up an escape.

Unfortunately, Spiders contracted to keep the huge web maintained and clean of wind blown trash approached from every direction. It was every bugger's worst nightmare come true!

InNomine started thrashing about in a panic. AspergerPoet56 dictated his last will and testament to anyone else who might survive this.

Cool Dude Merry wished to serenade the Spiders in the hopes of currying their favor, but his mouth was stuck shut by the web. Lunalos could not reach her bow and arrow to at least frighten them off. Eerowyn was just thankful that the Donkeys, with the exception of John Ronald, were parked in the shade down the road out of harm's way.

Smuggle wept and prayed to the gods that, should they be set free, he would be a lot nicer to his brother, Duggle. And not plot to kill Wyrmses anymore. And refrain from eating Porkses. And . . .

The largest of the Spiders was the foreman of the crew with the nametag of Sheila Lobelia. Chewing a piece of nicotine gum and adjusting her hardhat, she said, "My, my, said the spider to the fly! What do we have here?"

Then she scuttled up to Misfitpoet89 who was quaking in her boots and said, "Don't worry, little bugger. Do not cry, for you have nothing to fear."

"Really?" asked the Dwarf with a premature sigh of relief.

"Are ya kiddin me?" replied Shiela, followed by a wicked LOL of a laugh. "You're an all-we-can-eat breakfast buffet and my sisters are famished!"

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets of the Fellowship! If you do not have an X beside your name, you may safely follow the footsteps down the winding path into Day 18! You are only three days out from being 3/4th's of the way! Time is beginning to fly! Congratulations to those still trekking!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 19/30

Sheila Lobelia and her crew were about to wrap up our Fellowshippers into fresh juice boxes when Ahavarwen blurted out,

"Spiderweb Mistress, the Dark Knight still loves you!"

The Sisterhood of the Eight Legged pants froze at the sudden outcry and looked up at their once upon a time Queen, who was nothing less than wide-eyed at the mention of the name. She blinked in Morse Code,

That name sounds familiar . . . It felt as if a fog shrouding her memory slightly lifted. He was my ... boyfriend?!

"YES!" everyone exclaimed in unison. The Spiders who, despite their hunger, were enraptured by the prospect of romance.

The great Eye of DUPon began to tear ( almost drowning Viddax who was stuck in the web directly below ). The memories came back to her slowly, until she finally remembered what the Dark Knight looked like: such a strapping hunk in those tights, the pointed rubber ears, the way he discoed in the moonlight and danced the Batusi under the stars . . .

"Help us be free of this web!" said Ganjosh. "Then we'll help you find him!"

She blinked wildly in agreement. Sheila and her crew clapped their mandibles excitedly and went straight to work on pulling everyone free. Then the Eye of DUPon was loaded onto a wooden cart to be pulled by several of the Donkeys.

In gratitude, Rosie Grace gave each of the spiders a basket of blueberry muffins and a recipe for the most dynamite Bloody Marys.

"Which way do we go now?" asked da_poetic-edifier after that harrowing escape.

"We head straight for that volcanic mountain spewing flames and noxious fumes," said P'Radriel, pointing to the East.

"Or, we just follow the shrieks," Lord Melrond added.

And the shrieking of the Nasty Ghoulies was relentless as they galloped back to the armor plated, spikey gated community of Humbug. Their miniature midnight steeds were tuckering out. They would search for The One Poem ™ from the skies instead. It was time to saddle up their awful, dragon-winged Smelly Beasts!

But first, at the guard shack, the Ditch King swiped his badge through the card reader and entered his 4 digit PIN code. The security in his kingdom was so tight that even he was subject to random body cavity searches. Then they disappeared through the metal gate that was briefly opened.

The Dark Knight listened intently, then sighed in relief. The Poemwraiths were travelling away from them. They could breathe more easily now. It was slow going through the Dreaded Marshes, but they were making better time than if they had gone around.

DUGlo was alarmed when he came across a face in the water staring back up at him. "Who are these people?" he asked hesitantly.

The Dark Knight explained, without slowing down. "The bodies here have been preserved by these boggy waters for thousands of years. They were the Numeralians, Men of the West who fought MOAR!ON's armies and drove him into the East. Most of their race is extinguished and without a king to lead themthese days."

The Glowyrm thought of all the NaPoWriMos that were held before and after MOAR!ON's reign of terror, thanks in part to these brave, fallen soldiers. It put things into a sort of perspective. This was history they were travelling through. And its future depended on the outcome of their quest.

DUGlo was really just a little fellow, in a wide world after all.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Fellowshippers! Apparently a carnival is held on the outskirts of MOAR'DOR each year. You can't have a day off, but you can have a day of fun if you have a ticket beside your name! We'll be meeting at the Ferris wheel at midnight to continue our trek!

Have fun!  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Team NaPo '21 is doing an AMAZING job behind the scenes! We will begin posting their visual poetry beginning today. You will be able to find these posts on the following platforms now or in the near future as well:

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665/10159199241058665/

Twitter:

DUP: https://twitter.com/DUPoetry
PoeticMedics: https://twitter.com/poeticmedics

Instagram:

DUP: https://www.instagram.com/dupoetry/
PoeticMedics: https://www.instagram.com/poeticmedics/

Each post will have a direct link back to the individual's DU profile. First up is Wallyroo92!

wallyroo92 ( aka Gimlyroo of the Irony Hills DwarfClan ) is back for a 2nd term on the Team NaPo council!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/wallyroo92/

When he's not distracted with dreams of smoking pipe tobacco and feasting on salted pork, Gimlyroo has the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox! NOTHING will get past him as he tends to his duties as Unique Word Counter. No Tropheee for you! he'll say if you fall short of the minimum unique word requirement. But why 50 words?

His policy is: don't axe, don't tell.

Go to page:
Go to: