Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 484

Ahavati said:

LOL! I didn't even realize he hadn't uploaded it yet!


You couldn't be any busier, Ahavati  You may even think everyone is as on target as you are.  With sincere apologies, I will rectify my lack in a moment.

Thanks for your wonderful work in the cinematographic display on your opening screen credits. JB was not about to steal your praise; it's just that I responded to that post under the name of the apparent author.  I love your work.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

cabcool said:

As I have indicated in the launch chat, I love my avatar - I'm crazy about it.  One thing though: how do it put it in this space?

While I'm waiting for an answer, I'm going to see whether it is straightforward enough for me to manage senza intervention.


You merely have to download it to your electronic device of choice and upload it to your profile.

Gahddess_Worship
Gahddess_Worship
Tyrant of Words
United States
33awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 669

Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Spring, Texas located in Time Zone CST.

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 484

Ahavati said:

It's an honor to have Jamaica in the house and on the Team!

Thank you, Co-Captain! I am pleased to be at your service.

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 484

JohnnyBlaze said:

You merely have to download it to your electronic device of choice and upload it to your profile.


Where's the challenge, then?  I thought everything had to have at least a tiny challenge!

Thank you, JB.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

cabcool said:

Where's the challenge, then?  I thought everything had to have at least a tiny challenge!

Thank you, JB.


We could have Satin Gamjeez wrestle you in a horse trough filled with canola oil while you attempt the upload. Just say the word. We'll make it as awkward as possible.

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 484

JohnnyBlaze said:

We could have Satin Gamjeez wrestle you in a horse trough filled with canola oil while you attempt the upload. Just say the word. We'll make it as awkward as possible.

Drat!  Too late!  I've already uploaded the avatar without the necessary challenge.  Rain check for some other moment.

Kinkpoet
Kinkpoet
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th May 2019
Forum Posts: 842

Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Charleston, Arizona located in Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST).

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 999

Gahddess_Worship said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Spring, Texas located in Time Zone CST.


it's good to see you here! welcome!

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 999

Kinkpoet said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Charleston, Arizona located in Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST).


Welcome to the fellowship, friend!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

Alright, DUPeeps, we have an announcement slash request slash decree slash by order of the King slash etc. to make.

In an attempt to keep this forum thread from barreling over the 100 page cliff and thus being locked, causing us to start a 2nd thread like last year ( which results in a lot of participants to stop receiving notifications ), we politely ask you to make substantial posts.

In essence, don't reply to something with just a hopping bunny or a smiley, and all will be right as a rain puddle in Muddle Earth.

We also request that you refrain from posting images, so that the graphics promoting NaPo 2021 posted by Team NaPo receive maximum eyeball exposure AND so that the Webmiss isn't crushed underneath the weight of excess bandwidth consumption.

Thank you!

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6564

"Nine he gave to Mortal Men, proud and great, and so ensnared them. Long ago they fell under the dominion of the One, and they became Ringwraiths, shadows under his great Shadow, his most terrible servants. Long ago. It is many a year since the Nine walked abroad. Yet who knows? As the Shadow grows once more, they too may walk again."

Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Hampshire (UK) located in Time Zone GMT.

Some were given to the Speech Smiths, proud and great, and so ensnared them. Long ago they fell under the dominion of the Deep, and they became Wordwraiths, creators under the great creation, the most terrible writers. Long ago. It is many a year since they wrote abroad. Yet who knows? As the urge grows once more, they too may write again.


- Modified and heavily inspired by the Tolkien's words on the Ringwraiths.

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 999

Viddax said:"Nine he gave to Mortal Men, proud and great, and so ensnared them. Long ago they fell under the dominion of the One, and they became Ringwraiths, shadows under his great Shadow, his most terrible servants. Long ago. It is many a year since the Nine walked abroad. Yet who knows? As the Shadow grows once more, they too may walk again."

Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Hampshire (UK) located in Time Zone GMT.

Some were given to the Speech Smiths, proud and great, and so ensnared them. Long ago they fell under the dominion of the Deep, and they became Wordwraiths, creators under the great creation, the most terrible writers. Long ago. It is many a year since they wrote abroad. Yet who knows? As the urge grows once more, they too may write again.


- Modified and heavily inspired by the Tolkien's words on the Ringwraiths.


You’ll do!

Welcome to the fellowship!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

And Viddax brings the total to 21! Looks like the Fellowship is going to need to stock up on more flea combs for all these Dwarf beards.

Thorok Uloon, Nerroth Undrumm Ground!

https://lingojam.com/TheDwarvenLanguage

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

Man erin, tovon no talv!

That is "Good Morning, Deep Under Ground!" in Sindarin, an ancient language used by Tolkien's Elves.  

http://funtranslations.com/sindarin

Go to page:
Go to: