Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

DaisyGrace said:I've done it. I've hit the inspiration has run out wall. Always happens about right now.

it's not even the halfway point!

eek.

Your strength is your family; your boys in particular. They're growing up so fast! This minute will not be repeated in their lives. I keep thinking about that freckle behind your son's ear. .  .that was such an impactful share. It's the tiny things, and yet those things are HUGE.

You will be fine.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

DaisyGrace said:I've done it. I've hit the inspiration has run out wall. Always happens about right now.

eek.

Yep. I'm there too.... uuuuggghhh

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

brokentitanium said:

Your strength is nature; be it plant, animal, or human. Your nature poems always capture an essence of something many miss, and your human nature poetry, such as nostalgic and memory, share with us a piece of who you are.

Get out into nature; or open a family photo album of when you were young.

You will be fine. xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

eek.

brokentitanium said:

This is when NaPo really gets interesting!

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

Hey, Daisy Grace

I've taken your "I've done it" as a triumphal acknowledgment, before realising your otherwise intent.  Lets reinterpret:  you've done it! You've come this far, with the halfway mark in sight.

Let your name work for you:  when one runs out of chances, out of options, out of favour, GRACE comes to the rescue.  Grace is receiving better than you deserve and not receiving what you really deserve.

Ahavati has given you great stimulus ideas; work with them -- your children, nature, etc.

Before I started this challenge (in preparation), I decided on broad themes yo transport me.  I wrote down 10 aspects of nature (sunrise, moon, star, rain, night, etc.); 10 human qualities (love, hope, death, fear, joy, etc.); and 10 people identities (everyone, mother, father, teacher, farmer, etc.).

All my submissions so far have come from the ideas on my list, and I am not about to run out of steam.  This is no quitting time for a brave heart; keep breathing the NaPo oxygen.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

brokentitanium said:

Hi, B_T
For the past 12 days, I have anticipated your post as an important aspect of my activities on these pages.

Even if I go to bed before seeing your entry (which usually comes whthin the closing hours), I can always expect to check in next morning and see it shining in place.

Please don't go anywhere now, that would take you off-course. I have 17 day's worth of expectations to see you post a new poem each day, on time, and in good order.

You can do it.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

Ahavati said:

Your strength is your family; your boys in particular. They're growing up so fast! This minute will not be repeated in their lives. I keep thinking about that freckle behind your son's ear. .  .that was such an impactful share. It's the tiny things, and yet those things are HUGE.

You will be fine.

Thanks, A. I'll get it done. I always do. But it just feels...daunting.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

brokentitanium said:

We can doooooooooo eeeeeeeeetttttt!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

Thanks, all! What a great cheer squad. 🙂

I know I can do it... I just don't love the rushed feeling and settling for crappy poetry when I run out of juice. Trying to get at it earlier tonight. Sleep deprivation starts a downward cascade I'd very much like to avoid...

Halfway is almost here!! 😀

Thetravelingfairy
Fire of Insight
United States 14awards
Joined 12th July 2017
Forum Posts: 251

This NaPo has been hardest for me, you’d think it gets easier the more you do it.. it doesn’t (apparently not for me). Always happens around the halfway point, I see I’m not alone in this scenario... you are all doing great! We got this!!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Thetravelingfairy said:This NaPo has been hardest for me, you’d think it gets easier the more you do it.. it doesn’t (apparently not for me). Always happens around the halfway point, I see I’m not alone in this scenario... you are all doing great! We got this!!

Yes, you do. You're a pro at this!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 14/30

"We can go no further," said the Dark Knight, "or we risk being seen by the Eye of DUPon." So, in the shadows of the Musty Moutains, they made camp within Stanza Valley.

"If only we could become invisible!" said Satin Gamjeez as he built a fire before cooking dinner. "Then we could stroll right into Moardor and up to Mount Dumb without a care in the world. Now wouldn't that be some trick, Mister DUGlo?"

But the Glowyrm was far away in thought. His plan of destroying The One Poem ™ by himself was a bust. Was it really such a bad thing though? During difficult challenges, wasn't it better to be in good company and have a support system? Was it a mistake to have left the others behind?

DUGlo began to feel he had let them down.

On the other hand, he was glowing so darn bright that it was a risk for anyone to travel with him at night! The likelihood of him being found was too great. As it was, he was putting the lives of Satin and the Dark Knight in terrible peril.

"Did you hear that Mister DUGlo?" asked Satin as he peeled a large poe-tay-toe. "Mister Dark Knight says once upon a time, the Spiderweb Mistress was not just one eye, but she actually had eight eyes!"

"You don't say?" the Glowyrm asked, still somewhat distracted.

"I prefer the term Weregroundhog," said the giant, furry creature.

"It's talking!" said Gimlyroo. "Why, this is a thing unheard of!"

The oversized groundhog stood up like a man, put a paw to its hip, and replied matter of factly, "What? Like, did you think I would just be like some animal runnin around the forest grunting, chuckin wood, and diggin holes in the ground? By the way, I'm not "its". Like, I happen to have a real name. Its Harry. No, not Its Harry. Just, Harry"

Smuggle spat out at his brother in a harsh whisper, "Ballses! That's the last time I listen to you silly, stooopid Tadpole brain! You said there was a dark terror living near the Towerses. You said it was a bloodthirsty Badger! Does that look like a Badger to you?!"

"Kind of," replied Duggle, shrugging his duct taped shoulders. "Maybe a bit like a Beaver?"

His brother shook his head in utter defeat. Given every scheme of theirs had backfired so far, they might as well kiss the Precious Poem goodbye.

The ginormous woodland being talked to the Fellowship briefly around a campfire while they waited for the Dwarves to catch up.

Eerowyn noted the creature's peculiar language skills and asked, "Why is he saying the word like so often?"

"Harry is a Likenthrope," replied Ahavarwen. "His ancestors were cursed by MOAR!ON to have great difficulty making direct metaphors. The curse causes them to create comparisons instead."

"He's also a Lycanthrope," interjected Jaragorn. "Originally, Lycanthropes were Men who were afflicted with a disease that caused them to shapeshift into Wolves. The disease was then passed onto any person or creature who survived being bitten. Harry is one of the little Groundhog-folks and someone in his family must have been bitten at some point."

"Hellooo? Like, dudes, I'm standing right here," said the beast.

"And being both a Likenthrope and a Lycanthrope makes him Homophonous as well," added PRadriel.

"Alright," said Harry in a huff. "Let's not make this personal."

====================

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Badger-folk
https://www.google.com/search?q=homophonous

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets! You are only one day away from the halfway mark! Unfortunately, we've discovered another poet has fallen and yet another injured.

We know you're tired! If the Wood Elves have provided you a shot of their * special * energy drink to get you to that halfway mark tomorrow, you may proceed energized into Day 14!

If the forward path seems too challenging, look behind you and see how far you've come! You got this; and we've got you! Stay with us now!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

Everyone is doing a FANTASTIC job!! Daisy, K, and Fairy you all have it in you to pull from the deep well of inspiration! Mix up your daily routine a little, step out into the Spring festival of new buds and blooms, whip up a little cake in the kitchen! Take note of smells, sights, sounds, and colors around you and then let your mind wonder to memories that may be associated with these things. Or maybe something current will be trigged! Everyone hang in there!!

Sex_on_the_Joe
Joe-D
Fire of Insight
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 274

I will be double posting today. I am a little under the weather but I won't let that knock me out of the box that easily.

Go to page:
Go to: