Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

EPISODE 11/30

Our Fellowship of the Poem, still soggy from their adventure, quietly returned to ThincTanc under cover of darkness to retrieve the miniature Donkeys. And because the White Lizard had sent all of his minions to Castle Mudbug, the great absurdian tower was unguarded, and the recovery was effortless.

Then they stuffed the Donkeys and themselves back into the wine barrels, opting to float down the Brandy Wine River ® a few more miles. Needless to say, everyone was starting to get pruny from all the watery adventures!

Unbeknownst to them, Smuggle and Duggle had likewise crammed themselves into a barrel and travelled with the rest, quietly gloating over how sneaksy and tricksy the Frogs were . . .

. . . until the Fellowship reached the great Elven kingdom of Riddledale!

"Son of a Stinkbug!" muttered the twins in utter defeat as a hundred arrows were pointed in their faces by the fair haired kin of Lady Ahavarwen.

And that night, under the bright Evenstar, a mighty council was held around a fire pit on Lord Melrond's patio. Cans of Brandy Wine River ® Brew were chugged and the refreshment was much appreciated.

"Rest up while you can," said Melrond from the throne of branches she sat in. "Tomorrow, you must be on your way, for The One Poem ™ needs to be destroyed by April Thirtieth or all will be lost."

"Then let us be rid of it now!" cried Cool Dude Merry as he raised his guitar and brought it down upon the Poem. The guitar exploded into bits of wood and string, sending Merry flying backward into the nearest lilac bush.

"The One Poem ™ can not be destroyed by any craft we posess, " said the Dark Knight. "It must be cast into the fires of Mount Dumb, from where it was forged."

"Which is no easy task!" continued Melrond. "The volcanic mountain is located in the lands of Moarder, which is guarded by the ever watchful Eye of DUPon."

"Uhh ... um ... uh," DUGlo stuttered in confusion, "isn't that your girlfriend?"

"Yes," the Dark Knight replied, sighing in despair.

"And she can only be restored to her original Arachniddy form by first destroying the Poem," said Melrond.

"We knows a secret way into Moarder!" gurgled Smuggle and Duggle, who were currently handcuffed to The Lawn Gnome of Whimsy. "We promises to help you if you take pity on us and frees us afterwards!"

"Then it is settled," said PRadriel. "Let's get all these smelly-bottomed Dwarves washed up with soap for a change and be ready to ride by morning."

Rosie Grace promised to have a buffet of delicious donuts and puffy pastries waiting for everyone at dawn!

That night, DUGlo Baggins could hardly shut his eyes. The anxiety was overwhelming. He was wrapped in an Elvish cloak to keep from blinding everyone else with his amplified luminescence. That Phial water he drank was some potent stuff, yet to wear off.

"Everything will turn our alright, Mister DUGlo," said Satin Gamjeez, patting his employer on the head. "It always does, year after year. Everyone with the determination and the fire of poetry within them always makes it to the finish line of NaPoWriMo. You'll see."

"I hope you're right, Satin," DUGlo said. He drifted into an uneasy sleep filled with dreams of his fellow Fellowshippers in peril - all because of his lousy choice of yard sale acquisitions.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Greetings, Great Poets of the Fellowship! If the Elves have wreathed you with a Crown, you may proceed into Day 10!  If not, then make sure you follow the rules for makeup posts!

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 487

InNomine said:Razzerleaf, I want your 8/30 on my reading list, thank you

Hi InNomine, sorry I missed this, You are very kind, at the moment I haven't had time for anything other than Napo but I've got most things in draft so I will get to it. Thank you for the encouragement. R

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 12/30

Dear Fellowshippers & Lord Melrond,
I am thankful to everyone for their help and hospitality, but I really must insist upon going to Mount Dumb by myself. There is no need for any more people to put themselves in harm's way. I regret to inform you that I am leaving now. For your own good, I would appreciate it if you did not follow me.

Sincerely,
DUGlo Baggins

p.s. Please give John Ronald an extra carrot. You say goodbye to him for me.

When Ahavarwen was finished reading the letter they found in DUGlo's room, everyone grimaced at the notion of the pleasant Glowyrm wandering through Muddle Earth ALONE. Many a Dwarf fond of the little bugger had tears in their eyes and beards.

"But, wait ... there's more," said Jaragorn, producing another letter not even she was aware of.

Dear Rosie, Dwarves, Elves, & Mister Ganjosh,
Mister DUGlo has foolishly gone off into the wilderness ALONE. Not to worry! I'm going after him and promise to take good care of him. Gotta run!

Yours Truly,
Satin Gamjeez

"Oh, for Took's sake!" grumbled Rosie Grace. "It will be like the blind leading the blind." Once upon a time she had to rescue DUGlo AND Satin, who both managed to get lost inside the Macy's located inside of the Wyrmington Heights Shopping mall.

"Cough ... ahem ... cough ..."

Lunalass, smirkingly clearing her throat, waved about another letter.

Dear Friends of DUGlo,
I'm taking the liberty of following Mister Gamjeez who is following Mister Baggins. I will make certain they destroy The One Poem ™. It is in everyone's best interest if you all journeyed to the Two Point O Towers in order to liberate the Eye of DUPon so she won't see us enter the lands of Moardor and inform MOAR!ON of our plan. If you see my signal up in the clouds, that's precisely when you should distract her.

Cordially Yours,
THE DARK KNIGHT!

What a production this whole Fellowship quest was turning into!

Time was of the essence. Everyone packed up their belongings and climbed onto their miniature Donkeys. Lord Melrond waved goodbye to Riddledale, for she was joining the Fellowship as well. And it was a good excuse for her not stay behind and clean up the bathhouse where the Dwarves bathed. Heavens, did they foul up the crystal waters and leave a ring around the tub.

Smuggle and Duggle were furious over being outsmarted as they were duct taped to John Ronald's bridal and brought along the journey.

"Tricksy, false Batmanses and Wyrmses!" they whined. "They takes the Precious Poem again and again and ruins our lives! But ... we'll get them, won't we? YES, we will! We knows of a dark terror that dwells in the forest near the Two Point O Towers. Stooopid Fellowshipperses won't know what hits them!"

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

A rousing round of applause for Ahavati - she's been hard at work behind the scenes creating our entertaining graphics for the storyline infused with brilliant ideas of hers.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

JohnnyBlaze said:A rousing round of applause for Ahavati - she's been hard at work behind the scenes creating our entertaining graphics for the storyline infused with brilliant ideas of hers.

I'll second that 🙏

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

Oh for Took's sake!

I'm now incorporating this into my every day language.

Thank you and carry on.

edit: apparently i can't type on a monday morning. bless.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets of the Fellowship! If the Elves have presented you a bow along with your wreathed crown you may safely enter Day 12! We can see the Halfway Mark right across from that valley, which will take about three days to trek! Stay with us now! You got this!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

* fingers crossed at the Webmiss creating the theme #JRRTolkien *

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

JohnnyBlaze said:A rousing round of applause for Ahavati - she's been hard at work behind the scenes creating our entertaining graphics for the storyline infused with brilliant ideas of hers.

Most certainly deserved!  I don't know how she does it, but there's no stopping her.  Hail up, Ahavarwen!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 903

cabcool said:

Most certainly deserved!  I don't know how she does it, but there's no stopping her.  Hail up, Ahavarwen!

Hear hear!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

cabcool said:

Fantastic Work!!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 13/30

During the journey to the Two Point O Towers, the Dwarves asked many questions. Like,

Why is it so important for The One Poem ™ to be destroyed?!

"Because," said Lady Ahavarwen, "no one should be limited in regards to how poetry is written. An ABAB rhyme scheme in itself is not poetic, but MOAR!ON was convinced otherwise after being tutored by the Dark God, Blogmoth."

Ohhh! The very name sent shudders throughout the Fellowship.

"Yes," confirmed Jaragorn. "Blogmoth was extremely jealous of the wonderfully creative atmosphere the other gods had created in Muddle Earth, so he concocted a way of posioning it all. The Dark God disguised himself as a Poetic Guru who charged MOAR!ON an ungodly amount of gold coins in exhange for being tutored. It was actually a Pyramid Scheme. When it came time for MOAR!ON to pass on the knowledge he had gained, no one was interested. He had been DUPed bigtime."

Lord Melrond continued the tale, for she had lived through the Dark Age of Literature. "MOAR!ON was always afflicted with greed. He thirsted for fame as well as fortune. And when he discovered he couldn't make a fortune selling his verse or charging peope how to craft their own, he forced everyone else in Muddle Earth to write only ABAB rhymes."

"Everything changed for the better when the Spiderweb Mistress and the Dark Knight joined forces to end MOAR!ON's reign of terror," said Gandosh. "Hope was rekindled across the realm. Elves, Dwarves, Wyrms, and Men became united in a common goal to rid Literature of the likes of MOAR!ON and his minions."

PRadriel ended the lecture by saying, "And now that MOAR!ON has resurfaced, he is using the Eye of DUPon to search Muddle Earth for The One Poem ™. His actions will prove to be his own undoing, for liberating the Spiderweb Mistress will effectively blind him to DUGlo entering the lands of Moardor."

"Umm ... guys?" said Rosie Grace. "We lost the Dwarves about a half mile back when they saw something shiny in the Entwood Forest. You might as well have been talking to the wind."

Lunalass grumbled, yet her smirk was unphased, "Ughh ... dealing with Dwarves is like herding cats. Remind me why we brought so many of them along with us?"

"No worries," said Cool Merry Dude. "I will call draw them back here with my magical flute." He pulled out a foot-long reed and played a soothing melody.

Except the only thing that came out of the woods was a rather large groundhog the size of a Greyhound Bus.

Merry snapped his reed in half and tossed the fragments over his shoulders. "It wasn't me," he casually insisted while backing his donkey up.

"Oh, f-f-f-fa-fudge," remarked Gimlyroo, stutteering. "Were ... wood ... ch-ch-chu-chuck ..."

"There," said Summdir, innocently pointing. "There. Woodchuck."

And when reality finally sank in, they all cried together, "WEREWOODCHUCK!"

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets of the Fellowship! We've lost a fellow Poetess and another still is in critical condition! Take a few moments to honor Val, who is having some personal issues. She put forth a valiant effort, and there is no failure in that!

Also, put forth good vibes for brokenpoet2020, who seems to be AWOL!

If you have a fairy guide, then she is ready to lead you onward toward the halfway mark! You've almost made it, Fellowshippers: the peak of the mountain! All downhill after that!

Stay with us!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

I've done it. I've hit the inspiration has run out wall. Always happens about right now.

it's not even the halfway point!

eek.

Go to page:
Go to: