Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

Thetravelingfairy said:Greetings fellowship, I have posted my 5th poem on the 6th day (very very early) due to a stressful and event filled day involving pets. I hope I published everything correctly.. Just wanted to give some explanation (also included in poem post).  

You did it perfectly! And we appreciate the additional heads up.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 6/30

"A Wyrm lay here," said Jaragorn in the throes of discovery, pointing to the ground underneath Ahavarwen's magnifying quartz. "He struggled at the hands of two amphibious creatures." The Ranger dashed twenty yards to the north. "They dragged him kicking and screaming over here . . ."

"Right," said Ahavarwen in exasperation. "Because a few crushed blades of grass can tell you there was screaming. And besides, Glowyrms have no legs to kick with . . ?"

Jaragorn crawled on his hands and knees a few yards to the east and said, "There! His abductors paused to have an argument over what to do with DUGlo once they removed The One Poem ô from his neck chain. One wanted to broil him on a shish kebob; the other wanted to boil him, then mash him, and stick him in a stew."

"O - M - G!" she exclaimed, stamping her foot. "You can't possibly know that!"

And if this wasn't enough nonsense to swallow, he finished by saying, "Then ... that's when a large bat-like creature descended from the forest canopy and spirited Mister Baggins away to its lair!"

Ahavarwen just glared, tapping her foot, with her arms crossed. "And you base this on what exactly?"

Jaragorn pointed up, replying, "Because said creature is currently perched fifty feet above our heads and is eyeballing you with ill intent."

Cool Dude Merry emptied water out of his guitar while Summdir used her Elvish blades to peel huge Leeches off of the Dwarves.

Rosie Grace dragged a waterlogged Satin Gamgeez from the Brandy Wine River ģ onto the eastern bank. For a personal trainer, he was surprisingly out of shape. Being stressed with worry over Mister DUGlo wasn't helping.

John Ronald whinnied, missing his newfound Wyrmy companion, while Eerowyn wrung the water out of his tail.

"We haven't much time," informed PRadriel, whose white gown oddly was dry and shimmery as ever amongst the slew of filthy, soggy Dwarves. She pointed across to the western bank where the Nasty Ghoulies gathered, now shuffling around low to the ground and snapping their fingers. "The sun has almost disappeared and their rendition of West Side Story is a terrible thing to behold in the moonlight."

The Fellowship hoofed it on foot towards ThincTanc, carrying the Donkeys on their backs because the poor animals were tuckered out from all that paddling ashore.

The Nasty Ghoulies shrieked in frustration that their dance techniques were not intimidating enough without the power of The One Poem ô in their Master's possession. They mounted their miniature black steeds and headed downriver to find a bridge to cross.

Upon reaching the mighty, black tower carved out of absurdian, Ganjosh reminisced, "Back in ThincTanc's heydey, the great Rainbow Coalition of Lizards held monthly councils here. We brainstormed up ideas on how to make Muddle Earth a more brighter, cheerful realm."

However, as they entered the front door that was left wide open, now it seemed to be deserted and fallen into neglect, sorely in need of a good dusting. And when they entered into the great oval hall, they were greeted by the strangest council meeting ever to take place in the tower's history.

Salamandar the White sat at the head of the table surrounded by a department store mannequin wearing red lingerie, a cardboard cutout of Aquaman, a life-sized replica of C3PO, a stuffed raccoon sporting a monocle, and a potted cactus.

"Greetings, Fellowship!" hailed Salamandar the White. "We were just discussing what to eat for the Superbowl party - spicy chicken wings or fondue dipped nachos."

Gimlyroo whispered in to Lunalass's ear, "I REALLY don't have a good feeling about this."

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10360

Greetings, Great Poets! If the Oracle has deemed you fit for battle, you may enter Day Six of the Challenge!

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 999

Iím not saying sauron is tracking us....

But sauron is totally tracking us.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

DaisyGrace said:Iím not saying sauron is tracking us....

But sauron is totally tracking us.

Oh, yeah. And don't even think about blowing through the interstate tollbooth without your EYE-PASS or you'll get hefty fines in the mail.

SatInUGal
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 785

JohnnyBlaze said:

Oh, yeah. And don't even think about blowing through the interstate tollbooth without your EYE-PASS or you'll get hefty fines in the mail.

I've got a few aftermarket magic windshields for sale. Eye-pass shmeye-pass. Just saying.

slipalong
slipalong
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
27awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 553

I have a poem in draft,  if I  put it in Na Po Wri Mo comp and then put it on my poems page and then submit it to a competition is that acceptable regards Slip

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10360

slipalong said:I have a poem in draft,  if I  put it in Na Po Wri Mo comp and then put it on my poems page and then submit it to a competition is that acceptable regards Slip

Yes; as long as it is already a poem submitted to the NaPo competition, you may submit it to any other competition.

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1569

Are we allowed to say fuck like fucking asshole in NaPo ? And I posted a poem in my own profile

Can I submit it in NaPo when itís my time zone unpolished? ?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Zazzles said:
Are we allowed to say fuck like fucking asshole in NaPo ?

Sure, but try not to go overboard.

Per the rules, we wish to discourage poems that only make an impact through "shock value".

PLEASE use common sense. Your poetry, unpolished or otherwise, is a reflection of the overall talent being fostered by DUP. We would hate to see outside readers, potential members, or even publishers turned away by material meant to garner attention purely from shock value. Don't be a shock jock.

And if you do go overboard, it runs the risk of being classified as "Extreme Content" by the moderators. Because this is an Official DUP event, it must remain open to all ages. Meaning, such an entry will be removed by the moderators to keep the comp viewable to everyone. You will lose your opportunity to edit it and thus disqualify yourself from the competition because there is no reposting.

Therefore ... a little swearing is natural, but DON'T OVERDO IT at your own risk.

Zazzles said:
And I posted a poem in my own profile

Can I submit it in NaPo when itís my time zone unpolished? ?

Sorry, but it needs to be the other way around.

Post it in the NaPo comp first, then to your profile.

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1569

JohnnyBlaze said:

Sorry, but it needs to be the other way around.

Post it in the NaPo comp first, then to your profile.

OK I fully understand on all accounts thank you for your time Johnny 🤗

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Nuff said.

SatInUGal
SatInUGal
Kumar