Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Greetings, Great Poets of the Fellowship! If you've been armed with a helmet, you may enter Day Three of the Challenge! May the odds ever be in your favor!

marina2020
Rain Woman
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 8th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 85

3/30
Flaws

You have flaws
Promising one thing, then forgetting
Saying a time, and being late
Being loud, but not realizing it
Spending money on so many things, not knowing how privileged you are

But I see you are trying
You pick up takeout food because you understand my anxiety
You take me on adventures when I am visibly frustrated to calm me
You listen to me complain about stupid aspects of life
You encourage me to keep going when all I want to do is quit

I have flaws too
I understand I can be difficult, and yet you still enjoy my company
I freak out about small things, but you take the time to comfort me
I randomly change moods, and that never fazes you
I know I can frustrate you, but we talk everything out

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

EPISODE 4/30

High up in the forest canopy, the twin Tree Frogs Smuggle and Duggle angrily pined for their lost Poem. "They stole it from us!"

"Nasty Elveses and Dwarveses and Lizardses and Wyrmses, Wyrmses - oozy, disgusting, smelly Wyrmses dwelling in the armpits of the Earth."

"They burgled away our Precious Poem and left us to starve! How could we catch Flieses and Skeeterses and Minnowses without first lulling our prey to sleep with the Precious?!"

"We couldn't. So we'll teach them all a lesson, won't we? Yes."

"Yesssssss."

And the brothers took turns with a woodsaw, cutting a very large branch, gleefully saying in unison, "Let's see how you like our Hunger Games!"

When the hollowed out limb hit the ground and exploded into pulpy splinters, out flew an armada of black and orange---

"MOARDER HORNETS!" cried Jaragorn, startled awake by the crashing noise. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

Total mayhem and chaos ensued.

"Don't let them get the Donkeys!" Eerowyn exclaimed. "Or my father will have a Cow!" And then she thought, Ohh! Miniature Cows! Why didn't I ever think of that before?!

Lunalass shot numerous arrows at the marauding vespa mandalorians to no avail. "Their armor is too thick!" she hollered amidst their insufferable droning.

Cool Dude Merry had no time to compose a song. Instead, he beat them away with his guitar, while General Summdir punted several in the thorax.

"Head for the river!" commanded Ahavarwen.

DUGlo thought he had outrun the murderous creatures. Stopping to catch his breath, he suddenly found himself cornered by Smuggle and Duggle. Their plan all along had been to divide and conquer!

"Filthy Bagginses! Ribbet, RIBBET! Give us the Precious!" they demanded and grabbed at The One Poem ™ hanging from a chain around the Glowyrm's neck.

DUGlo yelled, "NOOOooooooooooooooo . . ."

And the neck of the woods he escaped into went silent.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets! You're doing an amazing job! A few strikes ( which is to be expected ), and one casualty! Please remember that this is a user-friendly comp of all ages and extreme content cannot be permitted.

A special thank you to the Moderators who assisted us this morning.

If you have been awarded a battle axe, you may enter Day Four of the challenge!

Brokenpoet2020
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 49

Error

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

My first year in facing this challenge
I contemplated a different approach in my daily additions but have decided on a theme
I see "hurry" as a scourge to humanity and feel it disrupts the harmony of the soul personality

I imagined a new poem everyday with a different theme would prove to be difficult having  to come up with fresh ideas but using a theme seems to be just as challenging in its freshness

It feels much like novel where I had better stay one step ahead of the day in order to produce something read able

I will continue to proceed in sharing my vision on universal truth and spiritual harmony to heal a lost and dying aspect of humanity

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings, Great Poets! GanJosh says, "You shall pass into Day Five!"

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

EPISODE 5/30

The Moarder Hornets were relentless in their pursuit, but eventually the Fellowship outsmarted them by diving into the Brandy Wine River ®.

Satin Gamjeez cried, "Poor Mister DUGlo has gone missing! We HAVE to go look for him!" Rosie Grace consoled the poor sap, for DUGlo was Satin's bestest friend in all of Muddle Earth.

He was right, but it was too dangerous. Stealth was required so as not to alert the Moarder Hornets or any other foul beasts. They couldn't risk running around the forest calling out for the little Glowyrm. What they needed was an expert tracker.

Unfortunately, they didn't have one, so they had to settle for Lord Jaragorn.

Ahavarwen assisted, holding a piece of magnifying quartz to scan for the tiniest disturbance in the grass. Jaragorn stuck his finger in his mouth, held it up to the wind, and pointed towards the woods. They were off on their own, promising to be back in a jiffy.

Everyone else climbed into empty Brandy Wine River ® barrels and floated towards the Tower of ThincTanc. It was a bit of a nightmare stuffing each Donkey into a its own barrel, but it had to be done - they were too miniature to swim the strong current and Salamandar's tower was on the east side of the river.

That's when the skrieking came from the western river bank. It was the Nine Poemwraiths, slaves to The One Poem ™! They had dismounted from their miniature black steeds and with flaming (s)words in hand, began to . . .

. . . riverdance.

It was very unnerving.

"Keep paddling!" Ganjosh instructed. "We need to be at ThincTanc before sundown!"

"Why is that?" asked Summdir, bobbing around in the water.

"Because at night is when the Nasty Ghoulies really get freaky."

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 825

Hi team. A query?  are the entry poems exclusively for the competition. ie can I post a poem after submitting it as a 1/30  entry, then enter it in a general DU competition or would it be considered a contravention. Thanks in advance SLIP

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

slipalong said:Hi team. A query?  are the entry poems exclusively for the competition. ie can I post a poem after submitting it as a 1/30  entry, then enter it in a general DU competition or would it be considered a contravention. Thanks in advance SLIP

Hi, Slip. Any poem you HAVE already posted here can be posted to your DU profile and entered into any comp.

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 825

Thanks, I Thought it best to ask first, rather than a slap on the wrist Regards Slip

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

X marks the spot!

Just to clarify: poems you have written in advance for NaPo may NOT be posted to your profile nor entered into any competitions prior to posting in the NaPo competition.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 926

I have been reading all the story parts and loving it! So fun to be Satin Gamjeez!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Everyone is doing a fantastic job!!  The first week is nearly behind us!!

Thetravelingfairy
Fire of Insight
United States 14awards
Joined 12th July 2017
Forum Posts: 274

Greetings fellowship, I have posted my 5th poem on the 6th day (very very early) due to a stressful and event filled day involving pets. I hope I published everything correctly.. Just wanted to give some explanation (also included in poem post).  

Go to page:
Go to: