Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

Honoria
Tyrant of Words
United States 63awards
Joined 22nd July 2019
Forum Posts: 196

Thank you every one! For all the help during my hour of panic! I think I’ve got the hang of it. However, that is subject to change given many inside and outside variables. Thank you all again! 😚

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 776

JohnnyBlaze said:EPISODE 2/30

Ganjosh and the others had promised to be back soon.

And the sooner, the better, as it was no easy task keeping fifty miniature Donkeys in line, let alone not be trampled by them. Eerowyn did her best with the critters on loan from the traveling petting zoo known as SHIRELAND, which was her father's business. She had specific instructions to bring all the Donkeys back home unscathed, as they were the main attraction. Since few people in Muddle Earth knew what a Donkey was, he passed them off instead as purebred Shire Horses.

"Relax, my Four Legged Friends," said Cool Dude Merry. "Let me sing you a Bard's tale that will calm your Asses." He merrily plucked away at his guitar with precision.

"There once was a hungry dragon
who munched on peasants by the wagon
and washed them down with a flagon
of blood drained from decapitated---"

"Stop it!" cried Summdir, the Elven General of the Mothlorien Elven army, at the ready with her blades out. "It's bad luck to be singing about dragons in dark times such as this!" Nervously, she glanced around at the sky, while the forest itself appeared restless.

Bursting out of the thicket came the Gray Lizard and a host of traveling companions, mostly Dwarves loudly rustling in their snailmail armor!

"We have to go," Ahavarwen said matter of factly as she leapt onto her Donkey. "We have to go NOW!"

From the direction of Wyrmington Heights came an awful shrieking noise the likes of which had not been heard for a thousand years. Everyone hurriedly mounted a miniature steed and galloped swiftly into the night.

Breathless, DUGlo hesistantly inquired, "What were those things chasing us?!"

Jaragorn, riding up along side him, replied, "Once upon a time, they were the nine Earthwyrm Kings of Muddle Earth. The One Poem ™ gifted to them by MOAR!ON corrupted their hearts and dumbed down their brains into being incapable of writing anything but poetry that pleased the Dark Wyrm."

"And now?!" DUGlo asked, unsure if he wanted to know.

"Now," said Jaragorn, "they are ..."

S s s s s h h h h h r r r r r i i i i i e e e e e k k k k k !

"... the Nasty Ghoulies."

The Glowyrm felt a change of underwear was in order. And he glowing more intensely than usual due to that strange water he drank.

PRadriel eyed him curiously and asked, "You look a little feverish - are you feeling okay?"

"Yep!" replied DUGlo, squirming nervously in his saddle.

=======================

https://drloihjournal.blogspot.com/2020/01/shireland-theme-park-hampshire-illinois.html

Thank you, Jaragorn!

This script is more ME than you could ever imagine; my guitar is sitting right next to me here as I respond.  I have never been without a guitar since I was 18 years old.

If my songs can lift spirits here, I am happy to croon away.  Day one down; day two up and running.  Do we have three casualties?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

cabcool said:

Thank you, Jaragorn!

This script is more ME than you could ever imagine; my guitar is sitting right next to me here as I respond.  I have never been without a guitar since I was 18 years old.

If my songs can lift spirits here, I am happy to croon away.  Day one down; day two up and running.  Do we have three casualties?

Not yet! We have three wounded; hopefully they'll heal!

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Ahavati said:

Not yet! We have three wounded; hopefully they'll heal!

O yes, the 24-hour grace period for corrections!
May they heal and be well and stay well, or heal again and again, as necessary, and be well on April 30.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Honoria said:Thank you every one! For all the help during my hour of panic! I think I’ve got the hang of it. However, that is subject to change given many inside and outside variables. Thank you all again! 😚

No problem! That’s what we are here for! If you need any more assistance just reach out and someone will help you out!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yes; Honoria ( and all ), just reach out; it's what we're here for ( sorry I missed your post earlier, and thank you, Eerie ).

ENTRANTS! THEMES! Be sure to tag your entries with #NaPo2021 in your theme selection. I've corrected several who have their themes open for editing; however, cannot correct those who do not. You're not showing up on the official page if you're not tagging the theme!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/NaPoWriMo2021/

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

Ahavati recommended I post my theme/process for this NaPo, so here it is:

My kids and my wife each supplied 10 topics that were dear to them, for a list of 30, and each day at some moment, my job is to recognize a connection to one of the remaining topics and then manifest it poetically. Yesterday, the hot water heater started acting funny, I recognized an opportunity to write with water (a topic) as a metaphor and ended up with an ode to anxiety. Today's will be built around flowers :)

Really enjoying the flow of this way of doing it

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1751

My NaPo Process:
Since I committed publicly a month ago to write 30 sonnets during this year's NaPo, I practiced writing sonnets in March (rough/unfinished).
I woke up early on 1st April and wrote 4 complete new sonnets one after another. These will be my first four postings. After that I'm not sure. I'll continue the theme of the first four sonnets if I can - otherwise they will be on various random topics.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1374

Dear Diary,
It's day two and I'm feeling very...uninspired. Are we to Mordor yet?

Love,
RosieGrace

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Josh said:My NaPo Process:
Since I committed publicly a month ago to write 30 sonnets during this year's NaPo, I practiced writing sonnets in March (rough/unfinished).
I woke up early on 1st April and wrote 4 complete new sonnets one after another. These will be my first four postings. After that I'm not sure. I'll continue the theme of the first four sonnets if I can - otherwise they will be on various random topics.

How interesting, Ganjosh!  I am also pursuing a suite of sonnets.  I wrote and germed the first lot on January 24 and never looked back at my drafts.  I had shared the fact that i was going to pursue three themes --

Theme 1—Nature
   Theme 2—Human Emotions
   Theme 3—People

And that is what i have been doing so far.  I’m still under theme 1.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

I know this stuff can have an element of stress to it, but again I am struck by how fun it is! Y'all are doing fantastic creative work!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Enjoying reading about the various methods and processes used! Sometimes a theme leads us down a different road than we didn't previously imagine. This year's epic will be about the Moon and encompass scientific as well as spiritual components.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

cabcool said:

How interesting, Ganjosh!  I am also pursuing a suite of sonnets.  I wrote and germed the first lot on January 24 and never looked back at my drafts.  I had shared the fact that i was going to pursue three themes --

Theme 1—Nature
   Theme 2—Human Emotions
   Theme 3—People

And that is what i have been doing so far.  I’m still under theme 1.

The use of a theme is proving to be a life-saver this year. I too am using a theme. Each day will be a new emotion and what I envision it to look like. This year's NaPo has so far been really fantastic. I hope we are all able to continue to move through our poems with relative ease. I rue the writers block!

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Eerie said:

The use of a theme is proving to be a life-saver this year. I too am using a theme. Each day will be a new emotion and what I envision it to look like. This year's NaPo has so far been really fantastic. I hope we are all able to continue to move through our poems with relative ease. I rue the writers block!

Wonderful, Eerie!
Last year, I wrote 30 spring poems around a single format -- the same rhyme scheme, metre, number of lines throughout.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

EPISODE 3/30

Our Fellowship of The One Poem ™ zigged and zagged over hill and through forest until the eardrum shattering shrieks of the Nasty Ghoulies abated far behind them. Then camp was made, although few were inclined to sleep.

"I've never been so scared in my entire life," said DUGlo Baggins as he fed baby carrots to the miniature Donkey he affectionately named John Ronald.

"Not nearly enough," said the Gray Lizard, parking himself on a hollow log. As he smoked a piped, Ganjosh elaborated. "The Nine are a frightening bunch, but their leader is a terrible bastard. He is the Ditch King of Humbug, a nightmarish valley that the living dare not enter on the sunniest of days. It is a swampland with the wretched stench of half emptied beer cans floating about - every stinking one of them teeming with inebbriated Borgul Beetles."

Jaragorn, given his poor gag reflex, almost threw up in his leather football helmet. Everyone else listening shuddered, for Muddle Earth was abound with tales of the legendary King of Humbug and his eight boogeyman dance crew.

Then there was much arguing going on as to what the next course of action should be, until Ahavarwen shouted, "Enough!" She removed a deck of cards from her cloak and held it out. "We shall let the Universe decide where we need to be based on which Location card is chosen. This knowledge will help us determine what we need to do when we get there."

Gimlyroo put down the axe he was sharpening and politely raised his hand. When acknowledged, he asked, "But who gets to pick the Location card?"

Ahavarwen sighed, rolled her eyes, and removed a second deck of cards. "Everyone pick one Character card. The person who ends up picking the MOAR!ON card will then get to pick the Location card."

"Excuse me," piped up Satin Gamgeez. "How do we decide which decks of cards we draw from in the first place?"

Rosie Grace in turn gave him The Look and said, "Be a good boy and repeat after me: Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one."

More arguing broke out amongst the Fellowship until a sleek raven swooped down and stole the top card from the Location deck. Before it could fly away, the card was pierced by an arrow that ended up stuck in a tree trunk. There was much ooing and aahing at the skill with a bow displayed.

From out of the dark strolled a familiar face. It was Lunalass Greenjeans of the Smirkwood Forest Elves. She plucked the arrow from the tree and approached them.

"Is this your card?" she asked, holding it up against her forehead. "Don't tell me what it is." A look of intense concentration came over her face. "I see a tall, black tower carved out of absurdian."

"It is the Tower of ThincTanc," confirmed PRaradriel. "Home of Salamandar, the White Lizard." She began to glide around the glade they were settled in. "And it is there that we can access the Muddle Earthenet using his P'lan Tier 3 connection and search for the The Dark Knight. He is the only individual we are aware of that knows how to destroy The One Poem ™. It's a long shot, but that's all we have to go on for now."

Lunalass sniffed the hair of her Elven comrades and said with a smirk that her clan was notorious for,

"You all stink of Dwarf."

Go to page:
Go to: