Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

poet Anonymous

DaisyGrace said:

1/30 is fine for April 1, 2/30, 3/30 etc.

Got it, thanks Daisy:)

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1748

Ahavati said:

Hi, nomoth. The date is not required; only the number ( which we prefer ). However, because we don't have it in the rules that you can't add a date after the number, we're letting it ride  ( but definitely just prefer the number for quick reference ).

You are correct, correlates with the day and month.

I can see the logic for quick ref. Since I'm a culprit of adding the date too, I do it in case extenuating circumstances puts me behind and I have to play catch-up in which case I'd be posting two poems on the same day -- and having the date as well would help keep track of it (I think )

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Hi, nomoth. The date is not required; only the number ( which we prefer ). However, because we don't have it in the rules that you can't add a date after the number, we're letting it ride  ( but definitely just prefer the number for quick reference ).

You are correct, correlates with the day and month.

thanks A. I missed your reply.
Just wanted to cover the bases:)

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

nomoth said:have noticed some poems have the date and time posted with the poem.

"Your entries must have its number on top corresponding to the date of its posting,"

This may be confusing a little, I am presuming that 1 of 30 'corresponds' with 1st of April, so it is not neccessary to have the date also? Or do we?

I'd like to explain this a bit more since you brought it up.

Per the Rules:

Your entries must have its number on top corresponding to the date of its posting, then a title in bold text, and lastly the body of your poem. Example:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/474411/gotopost/

The example in the link is how it is supposed to be done.

And all we can do is encourage everyone to do it as simple as possible. Otherwise, the wording of the rules would end up three times its current size if we explained everything that should be avoided for the sake of simplicity.

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:

The example in the link is how it is supposed to be done.

And all we can do is encourage everyone to do it as simple as possible. Otherwise, the wording of the rules would end up three times its current size if we explained everything that should be avoided for the sake of simplicity.

Agreed, Thanks JB:)

Brokenpoet2020
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 49

And we’re off! First poem down, written by a pond which is where the water theme came from lol

Thank you for all you well wishes on the book, just catching up with the thread now! I look forward to sharing the journey with you all

Good luck everyone posting their first! I definitely feel better now day 1 is down lol

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Brokenpoet2020 said:

Good luck everyone posting their first! I definitely feel better now day 1 is down lol

I just posted my first and it’s always a little bit of nerves the first day!

Brokenpoet2020
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 49

Eerie said:

I just posted my first and it’s always a little bit of nerves the first day!

Well done! I hope you feel that sense of accomplishment now

I’m going to go and have a read of everyone’s now x

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 930

For the first time ever I have a theme. I didn't anticipate it- just came to me last night, and so far it's been helpful :)

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

SatInUGal said:For the first time ever I have a theme. I didn't anticipate it- just came to me last night, and so far it's been helpful :)

Having a theme this year is sooo helpful!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Okay!  

Fellowship of the Poem, this is a friendly reminder to TAKE YOUR TIME by spending a few minutes reviewing your entries before and after you post. And you do have 24 hours to make corrections to your posts. It says so in the Rules.

Remember, you acknowledged that you read the Rules when you registered.

And while "Knowledge is Power", we understand that you may have not completely absorbed those rules in the context that they were meant due to lack of sleep, an empty stomach, ice cream brain freeze, etc.

Therefore, for those of you who have experienced difficulties with your 1st entries, it may be wise to read the Rules again to discover anything you may have overlooked.

Team NaPo is doing everything it can to ensure EVERYONE receives a Tropheee! for all the hard work they will be putting in for 30 consecutive days.

However, the Tropheee! is not the real prize.

The poetry you are creating is.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

JohnnyBlaze said:Okay!  

Fellowship of the Poem, this is a friendly reminder to TAKE YOUR TIME by spending a few minutes reviewing your entries before and after you post. And you do have 24 hours to make corrections to your posts. It says so in the Rules.

Remember, you acknowledged that you read the Rules when you registered.

And while "Knowledge is Power", we understand that you may have not completely absorbed those rules in the context that they were meant due to lack of sleep, an empty stomach, ice cream brain freeze, etc.

Therefore, for those of you who have experienced difficulties with your 1st entries, it may be wise to read the Rules again to discover anything you may have overlooked.

Team NaPo is doing everything it can to ensure EVERYONE receives a Tropheee! for all the hard work they will be putting in for 30 consecutive days.

However, the Tropheee! is not the real prize.

The poetry you are creating is.

Thanks “Chuck” 🤗♥️
My Mantra for all of April
1, Title, Poem,  repeat 😬

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

2, Title,Poem repeat 😬😬😬😬

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EPISODE 2/30

Ganjosh and the others had promised to be back soon.

And the sooner, the better, as it was no easy task keeping fifty miniature Donkeys in line, let alone not be trampled by them. Eerowyn did her best with the critters on loan from the traveling petting zoo known as SHIRELAND, which was her father's business. She had specific instructions to bring all the Donkeys back home unscathed, as they were the main attraction. Since few people in Muddle Earth knew what a Donkey was, he passed them off instead as purebred Shire Horses.

"Relax, my Four Legged Friends," said Cool Dude Merry. "Let me sing you a Bard's tale that will calm your Asses." He merrily plucked away at his guitar with precision.

"There once was a hungry dragon
who munched on peasants by the wagon
and washed them down with a flagon
of blood drained from decapitated---"

"Stop it!" cried Summdir, the Elven General of the Mothlorien Elven army, at the ready with her blades out. "It's bad luck to be singing about dragons in dark times such as this!" Nervously, she glanced around at the sky, while the forest itself appeared restless.

Bursting out of the thicket came the Gray Lizard and a host of traveling companions, mostly Dwarves loudly rustling in their snailmail armor!

"We have to go," Ahavarwen said matter of factly as she leapt onto her Donkey. "We have to go NOW!"

From the direction of Wyrmington Heights came an awful shrieking noise the likes of which had not been heard for a thousand years. Everyone hurriedly mounted a miniature steed and galloped swiftly into the night.

Breathless, DUGlo hesistantly inquired, "What were those things chasing us?!"

Jaragorn, riding up along side him, replied, "Once upon a time, they were the nine Earthwyrm Kings of Muddle Earth. The One Poem ™ gifted to them by MOAR!ON corrupted their hearts and dumbed down their brains into being incapable of writing anything but poetry that pleased the Dark Wyrm."

"And now?!" DUGlo asked, unsure if he wanted to know.

"Now," said Jaragorn, "they are ..."

S s s s s h h h h h r r r r r i i i i i e e e e e k k k k k !

"... the Nasty Ghoulies."

The Glowyrm felt a change of underwear was in order. And he glowing more intensely than usual due to that strange water he drank.

PRadriel eyed him curiously and asked, "You look a little feverish - are you feeling okay?"

"Yep!" replied DUGlo, squirming nervously in his saddle.

=======================

https://drloihjournal.blogspot.com/2020/01/shireland-theme-park-hampshire-illinois.html

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14630

Greetings, Great Poets! If you see a shield beside your name, you have been armed to enter day two! If you see an X, then please correct your entries ( if you are within your 24 hour editing period ), and avoid future ones!

Remember, three strikes and you're out!

Go to page:
Go to: