Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Discussion

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009


“Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
Then Merry heard in all sounds of the hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.
"But no living man am I! You are looking upon a woman. Eowyn am I, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."


― The Witch King and Eowyn, J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Return Of The King

Good morning, DUPeeps!  It is Day 8 of Registration and Poets who have not [s]words can still die upon them. LOL Just kidding! But ... seriously, you might want to jot some ideas down in that journal of yours, so when April 1st arrives, you aren't empty handed.

Team NaPo welcomes Eerie ( aka Erowyn, shield maiden of Shireland ) to the stable! Usually she's not this blonde, but instead a horse of different color.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/Eerie/

Captain of the Time Keeping Department, Ambassador Eerowyn is one of the few humans in the Fellowship of the Poem who doesn't find it odd at all to be in the company of Elves, Dwarves, Wyrms, and ... Donkeys ... Wait ... wwwwwhut?

Anyhoo, the quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the company is truly posting only one poem per day. And, let's be deadly clear: Eerowyn is no man to be messing around with.

Eerie has also been Instagrammed & Tweeted!

https://www.twitter.com/poeticmedics/
https://www.instagram.com/poeticmedics/

Still undecided about going on an adventure with us? You've got until Midnight of March 30th to join. Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a [s]word-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to NaPoWriMo!

Our Fellowship so far!

01.R CST - JohnnyBlaze - Onalaska, WI, USA
02.R EST - Ahavati - Cherokee, NC, USA
03.R EST - LunaGreyhawk - Raleigh, NC, USA
04.R EST - Eerie - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
05.R GMT - AspergerPoet - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
06.R PST - SatinUGal - San Rafael, California, USA
07.R EST - marina2020 - Bristol, RI, USA
08.R EST - DaisyGrace - Lexington, Kentucky, USA
09.R GMT - razzerleaf - Derbyshire, England, UK
10.R PHT (GMT+8) - Summerrain75 - Philippines
11.N BST - InNomine - Glasgow, Scotland, UK
12.R GMT - Josh - Beiras de Nord, Portugal
13.R PST - wallyroo92 - Bakersfield, CA
14.R EST - cabcool - St James, Jamaica
15.R PST - cloventongue89 - Aurora, Colorado, USA
16.N PST - Valeriayah - Needles, CA, USA
17.N EST - Zazzles - Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA
18.R CST - Gahddess_Worship - Spring, Texas, USA
19.R MST - Kinkpoet - Charleston, Arizona, USA
20.R GMT - Viddax - Hampshire, UK
21.R EST -  PoetsRevenge - Boston, MA, USA
22.R EST - da_poetic-edifier - Columbia, MD, USA
23.N EST - Honoria - New York City, NY, USA
24.R EST - Sex_on_the_Joe - West Haven, Ct
25.R PST - Misfitpoet89 - Tracy, CA, USA
26.R GMT - Fiftysevenhours - Inverness, Scotland, UK

R = Returning
N = Newcomer

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

Eerie said:

Last year I wrote a poem about my cats and their personalities based on their birth order. I was dry dry that day 😂

Dark piss and turds though....🤔


I have exactly 30 cats in my house at the moment, so that works out purrrrfectly for me.


DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1000

JohnnyBlaze said:

I have exactly 30 cats in my house at the moment, so that works out purrrrfectly for me.



This is my exact vision of what hell would be.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

DaisyGrace said:

This is my exact vision of what hell would be.


LOLOL!

Yes, waking up with cat hair in your mouth every morning is an acquired taste.

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1000

And....can I just get a resounding “I AM NO MAN” up in here?! No offense to my lord and master, JRR, but that carries so much more FUCK YOU, WITCH KING than what he actually wrote.

Eerie
Eerie
Dangerous Mind
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 527

JohnnyBlaze said:

I have exactly 30 cats in my house at the moment, so that works out purrrrfectly for me.



I...have no words. Lol

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10364


DaisyGrace said:And....can I just get a resounding “I AM NO MAN” up in here?! No offense to my lord and master, JRR, but that carries so much more FUCK YOU, WITCH KING than what he actually wrote.

PERFECT FOR TODAY!

Happy International Women's Day to our PHENOMENALLY talented and hard working Team NaPo Women! Because we are no man!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

Ahavati said:

PERFECT FOR TODAY!

Happy International Women's Day to our PHENOMENALLY talented and hard working Team NaPo Women! Because we are no man!


Dittos!

No man is an island, especially when its usually the women who keep it from going to hell.

Ask Tolkien. If it weren't for what few female ass kicking female characters there were in the his mythology, we'd all be waxing Sauron's fleet of Mercedes these days.  

SatInUGal
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 786

I definitely appreciate the ways that Jackson amped up some of the female characters.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

SatInUGal said:I definitely appreciate the ways that Jackson amped up some of the female characters.

Oh, yeah. Especially with Arwen.

Peter Jackson and crew did a great job of pulling inspiration from Tolkien's Appendixes and Timelines.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

Eowyn's Song

     
Running, I sprint        
dashing into war        
not in want to make a name for myself    
         
Leaving such a fool's misguided folly        
to the unrequited sycophantic        
        
No opportunity for despair        
fewer moments to spare for melancholy      
     
Unwavering is the gilded blade        
I wield impossibly in the frantic        
        
Charging through collapsing lines        
fury of axe upon tin shield        
Flaming volley raining down        
Death everywhere on battlefield        
        
Dodging poisoned tips of spears        
becoming painfully numb to my fears        
as I watch yet another mother's son        
die within the prime of his years        
        
A weaving of mist, ash, fume---       
I choke for breath in the woolen air        
before me as if a bloody, swollen wound        
nursed without any tender care        
        
Too late for any promises to keep        
as I venture deep into the foray        
to find more of my kin        
have come to lay        
dead and broken        
      
Their fate?      
An eternal sleep        
blanketed by this awful burial shroud        
   
It takes everything in me to carry on      
lamenting the fallen      
and through tears        
      
I wail aloud        
        
Now you shall taste        
the deadly kiss of this blade        
Far from timid lass        
I am no servant maid        
The mold of my destiny        
long ago was cast;        
forged for battle    
I was made        
        
And if I remain standing        
when darkness has passed        
in fleeting moments of life      
your very last        
   
if your ego is that demanding        
take it as an insult to your pride             
wear it like a crown        
on this very day  
       
you will have died        
        
Under dawning sky        
when morning star comes around        
you may shatter my bones      
but I will not break        
No swinging hammer shall ever    
bring me down      
if any can        
        
In a lifetime spent unafraid to die        
lived quietly in the shadows of men        
now hear the rage in my voice      
my battle cry    
        
hear it loud        
suffer me now        
        
I am no man    
   
 
Written by MaryWalker
Go To Page  


Please enjoy another Tolkien inspired poem and have a great night Fellowshippers!




JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009


“It depends on what you want," put in Merry. "You can trust us to stick to you through thick and thin- to the bitter end. And you can trust us to keep any secret of yours- closer than you keep it yourself. But you cannot trust us to let you face trouble alone and go off without a word. We are your friends, Frodo. Anyway: there it is. We know most of what Gandalf has told you. We know a good deal about the Ring. We are horribly afraid- but we are coming with you; or following you like hounds.”

― Merry, J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

Good morning, DUPeeps!  It is Day 9 of Registration and if you've read the aformentioned quote, you'll know Team without a doubt that Team NaPo is behind you all the way! We have your back! Oh, and if you hear the phrase "Operation Dwarven Shield" uttered when we've happened upon a fire-breathing dragon, please know that it was meant as term of endearment and Social Distancing is still in effect.

Team NaPo welcomes cabcool ( aka Cool Dude Merry ) in the band! So cool in fact that he once waylaid an entire platoon of Nobgoblins with an instrumental of Purple Haze performed on his electric ukele. All your bass are belong to us.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/cabcool/

Call him Cool Dude Merry, Merry Cool Dude, Cool Merry Dude ... Whatever you do, don't call him a "cab" --- because he's here to stay in the Fellowship for the long haul! His 1st year being on Team NaPo, no one maintains a steadier beat as a Time Keeper. Even those Tik-Tok'ing precision footed Metro Gnomes are no match for his rhythm methods.  

cabcool has also been Instagrammed & Tweeted!

https://www.twitter.com/poeticmedics/
https://www.instagram.com/poeticmedics/

Still undecided about going on an adventure with us? You've got until Midnight of March 30th to join. That is, if you survive Air Guitar & Karaoke night at the Prancing Pony.

Our Fellowship so far!

01.R CST - JohnnyBlaze - Onalaska, WI, USA
02.R EST - Ahavati - Cherokee, NC, USA
03.R EST - LunaGreyhawk - Raleigh, NC, USA
04.R EST - Eerie - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
05.R GMT - AspergerPoet - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
06.R PST - SatinUGal - San Rafael, California, USA
07.R EST - marina2020 - Bristol, RI, USA
08.R EST - DaisyGrace - Lexington, Kentucky, USA
09.R GMT - razzerleaf - Derbyshire, England, UK
10.R PHT (GMT+8) - Summerrain75 - Philippines
11.N BST - InNomine - Glasgow, Scotland, UK
12.R GMT - Josh - Beiras de Nord, Portugal
13.R PST - wallyroo92 - Bakersfield, CA
14.R EST - cabcool - St James, Jamaica
15.R PST - cloventongue89 - Aurora, Colorado, USA
16.N PST - Valeriayah - Needles, CA, USA
17.R MST - Tallen - Green Valley, AZ, USA
18.N EST - Zazzles - Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA
19.R CST - Gahddess_Worship - Spring, Texas, USA
20.R MST - Kinkpoet - Charleston, Arizona, USA
21.R GMT - Viddax - Hampshire, UK
22.R EST -  PoetsRevenge - Boston, MA, USA
23.R EST - da_poetic-edifier - Columbia, MD, USA
24.N EST - Honoria - New York City, NY, USA
25.R EST - Sex_on_the_Joe - West Haven, Ct
26.R PST - Misfitpoet89 - Tracy, CA, USA
27.R GMT - Fiftysevenhours - Inverness, Scotland, UK

R = Returning
N = Newcomer


cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 484

JohnnyBlaze said:

― Merry, J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

Good morning, DUPeeps!  It is Day 9 of Registration and if you've read the aformentioned quote, you'll know Team without a doubt that Team NaPo is behind you all the way! We have your back! Oh, and if you hear the phrase "Operation Dwarven Shield" uttered when we've happened upon a fire-breathing dragon, please know that it was meant as term of endearment and Social Distancing is still in effect.

Team NaPo welcomes cabcool ( aka Cool Dude Merry ) in the band! So cool in fact that he once waylaid an entire platoon of Nobgoblins with an instrumental of Purple Haze performed on his electric ukele. All your bass are belong to us.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/cabcool/

Call him Cool Dude Merry, Merry Cool Dude, Cool Merry Dude ... Whatever you do, don't call him a "cab" --- because he's here to stay in the Fellowship for the long haul! His 1st year being on Team NaPo, no one maintains a steadier beat as a Time Keeper. Even those Tik-Tok'ing precision footed Metro Gnomes are no match for his rhythm methods.  

cabcool has also been Instagrammed & Tweeted!

https://www.twitter.com/poeticmedics/
https://www.instagram.com/poeticmedics/

Still undecided about going on an adventure with us? You've got until Midnight of March 30th to join. That is, if you survive Air Guitar & Karaoke night at the Prancing Pony.

Our Fellowship so far!

01.R CST - JohnnyBlaze - Onalaska, WI, USA
02.R EST - Ahavati - Cherokee, NC, USA
03.R EST - LunaGreyhawk - Raleigh, NC, USA
04.R EST - Eerie - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
05.R GMT - AspergerPoet - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
06.R PST - SatinUGal - San Rafael, California, USA
07.R EST - marina2020 - Bristol, RI, USA
08.R EST - DaisyGrace - Lexington, Kentucky, USA
09.R GMT - razzerleaf - Derbyshire, England, UK
10.R PHT (GMT+8) - Summerrain75 - Philippines
11.N BST - InNomine - Glasgow, Scotland, UK
12.R GMT - Josh - Beiras de Nord, Portugal
13.R PST - wallyroo92 - Bakersfield, CA
14.R EST - cabcool - St James, Jamaica
15.R PST - cloventongue89 - Aurora, Colorado, USA
16.N PST - Valeriayah - Needles, CA, USA
17.R MST - Tallen - Green Valley, AZ, USA
18.N EST - Zazzles - Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA
19.R CST - Gahddess_Worship - Spring, Texas, USA
20.R MST - Kinkpoet - Charleston, Arizona, USA
21.R GMT - Viddax - Hampshire, UK
22.R EST -  PoetsRevenge - Boston, MA, USA
23.R EST - da_poetic-edifier - Columbia, MD, USA
24.N EST - Honoria - New York City, NY, USA
25.R EST - Sex_on_the_Joe - West Haven, Ct
26.R PST - Misfitpoet89 - Tracy, CA, USA
27.R GMT - Fiftysevenhours - Inverness, Scotland, UK

R = Returning
N = Newcomer



Thank you Co-Captain!
I feel forthrightly "welcomed," Instagrammed, Tweeted, treated, inspired, and fired (up).

I'll not pretend there's no challenge in this opportunity, but I'll also not play dead while still breathing down the necks of DUP peeps or gasping along the timeline of instant life.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10364

cabcool said:

Thank you Co-Captain!
I feel forthrightly "welcomed," Instagrammed, Tweeted, treated, inspired, and fired (up).

I'll not pretend there's no challenge in this opportunity, but I'll also not play dead while still breathing down the necks of DUP peeps or gasping along the timeline of instant life.


I LOVED how you phrased that, Cab! NaPo is an opportunity to grow as a writer and push the boundaries of what you think you can't do! So happy to have you on the team this year!

cabcool
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 484

Ahavati said:

I LOVED how you phrased that, Cab! NaPo is an opportunity to grow as a writer and push the boundaries of what you think you can't do! So happy to have you on the team this year!


I appreciate this kind acknowledgment.
BUT OMG, you've called me "cab"!  This contravenes the lesser nomenclature laws, as Gazetted under my introductory character profile.

Challenging my captain is likely punishable by court marshall; not, however, when the captain flaunts the lesser nomenclature laws, which are above every DUP Fellowship of the Poem citizen.

Go to page:
Go to: