Go to page:

Explain your profile name

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

Mine, Tommy or Tuppence, is the type of pop culture pun that only I would find clever, amusing, or even coherent. Tommy and Tuppence Beresford were a fictional married couple who solved mysteries in books by Agatha Christie. (Better known for Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple.) Glen or Glenda? is a black-and-white film about transvestism by Ed Wood, popularly known as the worst director of all time. Hence, Tommy or Tuppence.

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 96

The name Libellule is French for dragonfly ... I am French Canadian by heritage ... et voila ...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

it’s the name she wanted

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Johnny Blaze is a cool name I liked from a Marvel comic book I purchased about 40 something years ago.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
javalini
Fire of Insight
United States 15awards
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 201

It's obvious, I guess.
Java. Coffee. Mud. Brew. Joe.
The true breakfast of champions.
A gift from the gods guaranteed to fortify the tender spirit against the onslaughts of a harsh and uncaring world.
Thus, I honor the fresh, hot, unadulterated cup of java -- especially that first cup in the morning -- with my pseudonym, Javalini.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Klaus_Wollner
Nikolaus Wollner
Strange Creature
Germany
Joined 16th Feb 2021
Forum Posts: 6

Ah something I know. It's name

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5732

Mine refers to the part of this land that I love. And good music.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Valeriya is a character (pirate) from the movie Conan the Barbarian

Dhyana is Hindu meaning complete meditation

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

It’s too self explanatory... I’m afraid...

But to be clear, it’s my stand and reminder that I value non-toxic words, even when dishing “tough steak”, vs the easily digestible “milk” of truth.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1161

Mine originates from the ridiculously melodramatic state of depression I was stuck in when I joined DUP, and the fact that people were telling me how strong I was ("I am titanium!") when I actually felt completely busted beyond repair. It feels a little embarrassingly over the top now... but I do like a good paradox so I can live with it.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1367

Again....I just like daisies! 😆

But also....I feel like daisies are a sturdy flower. They grow anywhere. Roadsides, fields, hillsides, in carefully tended gardens. And that’s how I want to be. I want to grow wherever life takes me. And Grace? I’ve always loved the name and think that to grow anywhere requires giving yourself grace.

🤷🏼‍♀️

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

It is my real middle name. My Spanish grandmother was at my birth. I had to be born at home because the snow had fallen really heavy and all the pipes were frozen, hence she was there. There was a blazing fire in the hearth in the bedroom. I was born with a caul over my face and hooked around my ears (some call it a veil and/or, the caul bearer, it was also used as a talisman by sailors to protect them from drowning at sea) My grandmother called it evil, ripped it off my face, to my mothers horror, and she threw it in the fire. She then gave me two of her names, Anita Magdalena.

True story.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14575

Magdalena said:It is my real middle name. My Spanish grandmother was at my birth. I had to be born at home because the snow had fallen really heavy and all the pipes were frozen, hence she was there. There was a blazing fire in the hearth in the bedroom. I was born with a caul over my face and hooked around my ears (some call it a veil and/or, the caul bearer, it was also used as a talisman by sailors to protect them from drowning at sea) My grandmother called it evil, ripped it off my face, to my mothers horror, and she threw it in the fire. She then gave me two of her names, Anita Magdalena.

True story.

[ Interjection due to fascination: babys born with a caul is rare ( my grandson was ) and signifies psychic abilities and good fortune. My grandson has the former; hopefully the latter as well. Never heard it being called evil, but then again, it may be a location thingie. Return to regularly scheduled disclosures. ]

Mine is Hebrew for 'My Love', and was bestowed as my Hebrew name.

Go to page:
Go to: