Go to page:

Is the World Safe for Conversation Anymore?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

you should take it as a small sliver of a compliment that i refuse to believe you are so stupid that none of this is intentional.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

sometimes, Ricky, what you think of as satire crosses a line. but i do not think you are “a racist” per se.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

anna_grin said:bitch that’s not what the term black irish means. the fact that you’re trying to bring that up with an actual Irish person is embarrassing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/who-were-the-black-irish.amp

here you go. educate yourself. the word black has very different connotations in the Irish language and is not typically used to describe skin colour.

if your mother said that to you she was and i do not use the term lightly tripping.

I didn’t say it typically connotes skin color. But it’s likely about a mixed people, and most certainly a peasant/slave class. Thank you for the article.

I’m not ashamed I brought it up. It’s debated whether Mediterranean blood is mixed in, but the term is legit. And my mom’s theory was not her own but passed to her from her father, who died when she was 14.

Her mother was too busy being abused by other men to even notice her youngest child after that, so I doubt she taught her that.

whoever told you what you’re doing is deradicalisation is also tripping.  when two people with opposing ideas argue they come away from that argument all the more invested in their original idea.

Do you know that connecting with a criminal when in their clutches reduces the risk of excess violence/death? Say your name, bring up pets/family.

This has a similarity in that we increase the humanizing of the polar opposites.

You don’t have to believe my theory, but you can believe that’s my goal.

this is a tactic Jehovah’s witnesses use to get their members to be afraid of the big scary world. everyone they disagreed with, every door shut in their face, becomes “other” and the only safety is with the tribe. for someone who looks down on tribalism someone must be messing with you.

They are no threat. If they were violent radicals, I might understand your point. They love their community, even if they feel estranged.

you have lied, you have misrepresented black communities, your ideas on abortion are medieval, you have defended racist language and racist arguments against things you don’t like, and you are not black.

Trying to paint me radical in the conversation only makes you look extreme.

pretending you are a different race to what you are brings no one closer together. it just makes you a laughing stock at best and a manipulative person actually intending to create division at worst.

I’ve been quite honest about myself.

There is only one race here, unless there are off-worlders here.

And if “black Irish” is not a bad self description, and there are infinite genders then my self description of “black gendered” is also legit.

I am not my sex; I am not male or female.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I don’t always know how to respond but I enjoy your posts. 👍

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

no, it isn’t a peasant or slave class. it is an invader class. most likely from Norway. like it says. in the article. you apparently read.

i mean black irish has been used as a racial slur but BLACK AND BLACK IRISH ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

the Mediterranean that’s debated in this is nowhere close to Africa anyway.

i don’t have to believe anything you claim until you show me proof.

if listing things you have factually done makes you look radical that sounds like a you problem to me.

i don’t care if you’re male or female or neither it bears no matter on the fact that you are not black.

if you meant black irish, you should have said so earlier. it’s almost as if it’s a last ditch excuse for you.

“there is only one race” is narrow minded and dismissive and just... not true, is it.

*jehovahs witnesses, along with many other cults. and if you think Jehovah’s Witnesses aren’t a cult you’re wrong there as well but it’s beside the point.

how about- and this is just a thought- you don’t come at me defending racist rhetoric ever again.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

the way you’re so open about showing your face with the words “i am black” coming out of your mouth is especially galling. so you don’t get brownie points (no pun intended) for being upfront about it.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 759

anna_grin said:somewhat ironically, runaway, i am forced to be evasive in the presence of an authority figure.

although all i risk is a ban and an argument i don’t want

besides which i don’t get paid to constantly repeat myself.

I wasn't referring to you ..unless you are a leftist.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i think you were, runaway. you referenced my comment that none of this was worth my time.

you’re a bit late.

so how did you first come across the phrase jive talk?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

I am probably what you call leftist. far as I can tell you’re brainwashed by social media and memes. that would make you an idiot, and somewhat ironically here I am defending your right to be one

Nanoo nanoo, Mork

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:no, it isn’t a peasant or slave class. it is an invader class. most likely from Norway. like it says. in the article. you apparently read.

i mean black irish has been used as a racial slur but BLACK AND BLACK IRISH ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

Go look at the map sometime. You may eventually come to wonder how you missed the Mediterranean is touching the top of Africa. North African travelers and slaves went to Europe and blended there. It’s pretty easy to see how that happened. Why do you think the Spanish are so dark?

the Mediterranean that’s debated in this is nowhere close to Africa anyway.

You do know that black people navigated the ocean first, don’t you?

i don’t have to believe anything you claim until you show me proof.

Well I claim that the Holocaust was real. Among other atrocities.

I also claim some other interesting facts I don’t have to prove.

if listing things you have factually done makes you look radical that sounds like a you problem to me.

You are going out of your way to frame me up as a radical as best you know how ... but in so doing just sound radical...

i don’t care if you’re male or female or neither it bears no matter on the fact that you are not black.

I think that’s none of your business to tell me how to call my gender or ethnicity.

There are black Asians that call themselves such because of no blood, just the culture they embraced. Deal with it.

if you meant black irish, you should have said so earlier. it’s almost as if it’s a last ditch excuse for you.

It’s not your place to say that, honestly. Especially when I believe we all came from our parents in Africa. I’m honoring those parents of mine.

there is only one race” is narrow minded and dismissive and just... not true, is it.

There WERE Neanderthals, once. You might be related to them. But you are still from the human race, Homosapian Sapain. Or you invaded from space? I dunno....

*jehovahs witnesses, along with many other cults. and if you think Jehovah’s Witnesses aren’t a cult you’re wrong there as well but it’s beside the point.

Who cares if they are a cult? That’s not what we were discussing.

how about- and this is just a thought- you don’t come at me defending racist rhetoric ever again.

I’ll never know in advance if I do based on your loose definitions, will I? Gonna blindly walk right into it over and over, I’d guess.

Get a grip.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

in the context of black irish the supposed Mediterranean blood was Spanish.  you might have known that if you read the article or were in any way invested in your supposed Irish heritage (at this point, i don’t even believe you on that).

the med is a big fuckoff ocean. it touches a lot of countries. it glances on a small part of Africa. this does not mean that black irish who may or may not have come from the Mediterranean had anything at all to do with Africa.

black and black irish are not the same.

you are not honouring your parents.  you are not honouring anyone least of all yourself.

your gender and your race bear no relation to each other.

of course we are all part of the human race. but it is ridiculous to deny that within that different races exist.

to claim a race that is not yours is rude and insensitive.

and racist.

how about you think before you speak on shit you know nothing about, go and do a little research and never again come at me defending racist rhetoric.

it would also be great if you could recognise and own up to your mistakes.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

and you saying your gender is black is in no way the same as a black Asian identifying as... a black Asian. that’s his or her race+cultural ethnicity and there’s nothing wrong with that.

you are misappropriating both gender politics and racial politics to create shock value. it is not . the. fucking. same.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:in the context of black irish the supposed Mediterranean blood was Spanish.  you might have known that if you read the article or were in any way invested in your supposed Irish heritage (at this point, i don’t even believe you on that).

I said Spain was populated with African descended people. It’s no reach. They came as conquistadors in the year 711.

the med is a big fuckoff ocean. it touches a lot of countries. it glances on a small part of Africa.

3 countries border it.

this does not mean that black irish who may or may not have come from the Mediterranean had anything at all to do with Africa.

😐

black and black irish are not the same.

Black Irish is not white. White is a weapon word of culture erasure.

you are not honouring your parents.  you are not honouring anyone least of all yourself.

You don’t even acknowledge you came from African civilization! And you claim to be human, do you?

your gender and your race bear no relation to each other.

Actually, they do. My gender is black. As the Lord said, neither male nor female, having no beginnings or end, of the priesthood of Melchesidek.

The Lord is my parent and he makes darkness his covering. His people are my people.

of course we are all part of the human race. but it is ridiculous to deny that within that different races exist.

To say that some are white, or Asian, or black, is culture erasure within the context of their different subcultures.

to claim a race that is not yours is rude and insensitive.

No, it’s tradition.

and racist.

No, silly.

how about you think before you speak on shit you know nothing about, go and do a little research and never again come at me defending racist rhetoric.

Be real. Don’t make up crap to beat others up with.

it would also be great if you could recognise and own up to your mistakes.

Like I haven’t? How much do you actually remember?

I don’t have to agree with your interpretation of the word “mistakes” either, btw.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

black irish. is. white.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

it is cultural erasure to deny that race forms a big part of a persons cultural heritage.

Go to page:
Go to: