Go to page:

Is the World Safe for Conversation Anymore?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

anna_grin said:it’s not my interpretation, it’s what racism is. it doesn’t have to be using the n word or blackface to be racism.

i get that you don’t think it matters. it matters to me.

to use your own argument against you, black members are more than free to chip in if they think I’m doing wrong.

sozê.

no. that’s not how it works.

I am an actual activist. I’ve put years of my time energy and body into trying to make peoples lives better. because I care, and always have

what you are doing isn’t activism, or trying to make anyone’s life better.

worse than that, you have no problem throwing out the hate speech. so you are a hypocrite

so yuu don’t get to sit on any fucking high horse and tell people how they should behave.

it’s that simple.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

I applaud you for that. i did not say you didn’t care.

in no way am i claiming this as activism. this is an argument.  

i don’t know why, as an activist, you fail to see the problem with edible’s behaviour.

but it is no bones to me.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

anna_grin said:I applaud you for that. i did not say you didn’t care.

in no way am i claiming this as activism. this is an argument.  

i don’t know why, as an activist, you fail to see the problem with edible’s behaviour.

but it is no bones to me.

I do see the problem with her behaviour. have banned her from forms same as other mods have.

I also see the problem with your behaviour.

that said, I’m not looking for an argument, and to be fair am probably giving you too much of a hard time. It doesn’t come from a place of ‘I don’t like you”

I’ll take my leave back to the shadows.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

likewise i was not intending a personal attack on you

definitely pull me up if i use any hate speech - i don’t really count insults as hate speech unless they’re clearly punching down - racial slurs, homophobia etc.

it’s no Martin Luther king moment but personally i find it difficult to let these seemingly small offences slide. they add up to a bigger picture and betray a deeper poison. in my opinion.

not to mention i am a stubborn bitch and edible decided to start a war, so she’ll get one

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

lepperochan said:

way I see it she called you out for something you said, you argued your corner then conceded you were wrong or “ditsy” so I dunno how you’re the victim.  

Ignorance was the least of my problems when I thought what I did and posted the definition of jive. Ditzy is absolutely the best description of pregnant brains with swinging blood sugar. “

If she simply “called me out” that would be one thing. If I claimed to be a victim - that would be another.

But my actual point was this:

She reported feeling depressed after calling me a racism apologist for defending his usage of the word. I jumped in because thought he used it according to the dictionary. (Seems funny to me now)

THAT was ditzy... to not see her attack on his assumed racism, when I jumped in to show her how he knew the word’s meaning. I was in the middle of waking up. And yup - dumb things can be thought and said by me in that state.

So I think she is her own victim. I wasn’t exactly collateral damage, but I did get a giggle out of my lapse of reason.

if that’s the way you think when you are pregnant

Do you think I’m always less reasonable? It’s so nice how people treat others who are wrong or lapse in judgement at times. Can’t let people be wrong on the internet, now, can we?

and are in an almost constant state of pregnancy how do you think you “generally make more sense” than anyone

That’s an interesting way to interpret things. 🤔

So basically if I’m ever a ditz no one should ever consider me worth talking to? Because I better not be. Have you ever caught yourself behaving in such a way that you think - wow - good thing I am usually sharper than that?

Thanks for setting me straight, though. I assume you only take your best brains online, and never have to acknowledge a mistake or the reason for it...

I didn’t use the victim word to describe myself. I think she is her own victim. Sometimes I’m mine.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:you can’t provide evidence to me because it doesn’t exist. i fully believe if it did, you would. it would be so easy for you and you would feel so smart about it.

Why would I? Would I bend over backwards to a Holocaust denier?

the black vote was not stolen.

This is weird. If I said they targeted grandmas because they were the swing vote, what would you accuse me of? (They weren’t, this time...)

so all you are doing in claiming that it was is denying that black people knew who they were voting for, all cast their votes independently,

It’s not who votes, it’s who counted the votes who is to blame.

and thanks probably in part to that your precious pussy grabber lost the election.

He’s no one I voted for. You know how I feel about his vaccine crusade.

BTW - You’re going to give people a complex. Consensual pussy grabbing is a thing between adults making out.

(they were the swing vote, as you rightly said.) if the claim was the other way around politically it would still be undeniably a racist argument .

It smacks of victim blame.

Anyone who gets the vote stolen from them is not a dupe. In fact, you didn’t show they were fooled, at all. Silenced, but no evidence of being duped.

Only radical Lefties who have every color of skin are pleased w/the outcome.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:and another thing: using your unborn baby as a defence is weak as shit. i bet it’s cringing in the womb. i would be

Hey, I was just doing you a favor. You don’t need to be feeling bad for picking on anyone, let alone a pregnant lady.

You really want to feel good for trying to stress a person out of social contact? The only legal way to mingle in a pandemic, no less? Don’t normalize crappy treatment of anyone.

I have a line, and I don’t cross it. I hope you do too. Don’t unperson folks because they disagree.

Tribalism sucks.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

lepperochan said:

I do see the problem with her behaviour. have banned her from forms same as other mods have.

What’s wrong with my behavior? You can tell me here, if you like.

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 233

I hope you may one day invite us down your way Edible to a nice bar when this pandemic is over & you have a babysitter. I was thinking about it earlier, like how long our social evening might last before punches were thrown.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Billy_Snagg said:I hope you may one day invite us down your way Edible to a nice bar when this pandemic is over & you have a babysitter. I was thinking about it earlier, like how long our social evening might last before punches were thrown.

I don’t throw punches. It’s way more fun to go to court.

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018

EdibleWords said:

I don’t throw punches. It’s way more fun to go to court.
I would watch what I say anyway. I wouldn't need the threat of court proceedings hanging over me to be a pleasant person. I may not always agree with you but I would try, sorry, would, be respectful.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

well now you’re just flinging accusations around. and getting wild with them. i am not a holocaust denier and it’s weird that you would even try to use it as a comparison against this imaginary vote theft.

clearly you’re so hurt and wounded by my bullying that you thought you could come at me again.

you are so close to the point when you try to say i am victim blaming but you swerve and hit another little fuckup. you are making them (black voters) out to be either victims or fools or both with your claim. without saying clearly how you believe the black vote was stolen we’ll never know exactly which it is. black people face many struggles. a “stolen” vote via election fraud is not among them.

in elections, black voters typically face more harassment voting in person. this last election record numbers voted by post (mail) , despite this not being the usual way for black people to vote. this avoided such gatekeeping as: ids not being accepted, polling stations closing early.

black people have historically struggled for their vote. when they exercise it and you don’t like the results you don’t get to say you are some hero for pretending they were actually all on side with you, but the evil democrats somehow - in only or mainly black counties, for some reason (why they wouldn’t spread this deception evenly across the board makes NO sense) went and took it from them.

it’s like if you saw a black person well dressed and at his job and said to everyone look at that poor African American on welfare, god damn these democrats. it’s insulting.

you are using black people and your fake concern for them for your political purpose. you have done this previously, misrepresenting abortion statistics, and you do this when you claim you yourself are black.

i notice you extended an offer to lep to describe what is wrong with your behaviour yet you’ve avoided it every time I’ve offered to do the same.

would you like any more?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

oh
please.

you’re threatening me with court. bitch what court

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

all this to say: let’s remind ourselves this began with you defending the derogatory usage of the phrase jive talk in a political arena. which you seem to still be willing to defend to such pathetic extremes that you construct a whole imaginary narrative of how runaway may have come across that term.

guarantee you it’s more likely some racist twat on an Internet forum said it or he picked it up from the news, when it’s been called out as racist.

whichever it is ridiculous to be using that language within pissing distance of attacking democrats for being plantation slave owners.

who was it said accuse your enemy of that which you are guilty again?

what a piss poor tactic and a shit smearing imitation of strategy.

do you admit that it is a racist term to use in a derogatory way especially in politics?

note that no one has said that all republicans are racist slave owners, only that you continue to act racist. and if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck shoot it and put it in orange sauce.

not that you should be shot. probably.

anyway do you have anything else to say for yourself?

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018

anna_grin said:oh
please.

you’re threatening me with court. bitch what court
No Anna, she was only threating me with court action if I punched her.

Go to page:
Go to: