Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Go to page:

No Topic -- How was your day? <3

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Northern_Soul said:

Haha. Every day is cake day if you’re brave enough

it’s under appreciated but I love a good carrot cake

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

Oh nice! Do you plan to share with us?

maybe, but i might want to practice alone to start with

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

anna_grin said:

maybe, but i might want to practice alone to start with

I've been exploring Runes and I-ching ( the latter particularly as it relates to Human Design ).

Are you self-studied in modalities or have you taken classes?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

I've been exploring Runes and I-ching ( the latter particularly as it relates to Human Design ).

Are you self-studied in modalities or have you taken classes?

self study only, i know a few things about runes, less about I Ching. there are very few classes on the irishest of divinations and it’s contested on a historical basis so it’s tough to get the right information

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Lawd I can't wait to sink my teeth into something sweet; anything!

I love days that are gifted to myself to do whatever I please without obligation or expectation. Those are the best! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

self study only, i know a few things about runes, less about I Ching. there are very few classes on the irishest of divinations and it’s contested on a historical basis so it’s tough to get the right information

That shocks me somewhat. I mean I realize that mode of thought still exists in our current time; however, I didn't know it existed to the point that classes weren't offered, if nothing else but to preserve history.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

at some point in researching irish paganism (witchcraft really) and polytheism you realise that almost everything is contestable as so few records exist 🥲 there are definitely places on the web that offer their own interpretations but you kind of have to forge your own understanding

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:at some point in researching irish paganism (witchcraft really) and polytheism you realise that almost everything is contestable as so few records exist 🥲 there are definitely places on the web that offer their own interpretations but you kind of have to forge your own understanding

Well that's true, most great libraries or even resource manuals ( or, ancient books of records ) have been destroyed by armies who felt intimidated ( or feared them, more like it ). I do feel we each have the ability within ourselves to hone the ancient modalities we are called into. After all, the DNA of our ancestors is within us—along with the ancient knowledge that is intuition in accordance to nature ).

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I already am! it's been an absolutely beautiful morning and I suspect the day will carry on that way. Going into competition judging mode now!

Yum berries and apples! Pie is an option!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

(for example the Celtic tree “zodiac” is made up by modern wiccans and has zero basis in how historians understand the tree calendar to have been used.  there is a lot of this baseless reconstruction and it’s hard to tell if it’s based on a sliver of something or total nonsense sometimes)

right! time to get gone and clean

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

yes, im half Irish x

you’re right there youtube is great for it (but there’s always uncertainty about the information still and i have to be okay with that)

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5732

@Anna

My Ogham staves I made as part of my Celtic journey 5 years ago that I thought you might like to see. I too have Irish roots (with an Irish name... and an Irish Dad... 😂) so was keen to learn. Ogham features heavily in Druidic teaching which may be another avenue to look at in terms of getting accurate information. Trees are a Druid’s bag, man...

I also came across The Celtic Tree Oracle by Liz & Colin Murray (best charity shop find evahhhh - 99p) but as the whole set is based on Ogham and Celtic treelore it’s a really easy and convenient way to learn more about it, should you ever come across it. I believe it’s relatively inexpensive second hand. They were published in 1988 so they’re getting on a bit now, but remarkably beautiful.

Go to page:
Go to: