Go to page:

Some Sad News: David_Macleod

Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 945

My heart felt condolences to David's family and those, who like me, feel an emptiness due to his passing.

I met David a few years back and over a short time became impressed not only with his honesty and straight forwardness when interacting with others, but also the tenaciousness he exhibited in dealing with matters he considered important. We didn't always agree with one another's views, rather agreeing to disagree, and never did he say a cross word directed toward me due to our differences.

He was a man of strong convictions and a staunch supporter of those he felt deserving.
I will miss him, his contributions to this site, his wit, and his unique observance of the world around us.

I am blessed to have called him my friend.

Rest in peace, warrior, you've earned your way to a better place.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 795

My heart goes out to all of those who loved David.   I enjoyed very much hearing him read his poetry and talk during the open mics that Missy organized. Thank you Missy for providing this space to reminisce and grieve. I am glad that he no longer suffers. 💞

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

Posting on behalf of Willow (FromTheAsh) 💚

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 102awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 331

What a shock, I first heard reading one of Lil Dragonfly's latest poems and wondered if this was 'our David' when I saw the footnote to that poem.

My most memorable poem of his was his series of 'Horse Haikus' which encouraged me to try haiku-ing.

Prayers and sympathy for his family.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Yeah, he did love a haiku 🙂

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Just sharing this fine example of a Macleodism because it made me laugh 😂

#DadJokes

PoetSpeak
Tyrant of Words
United States 54awards
Joined 17th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 166

He was a legend

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Fly free mister Macleod. I would say R.I.P (not really) who wants to do that when you have shed your skin, flesh and bones, there is too much to explore. Make lots of noise. <3

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Magdalena said:Fly free mister Macleod. I would say R.I.P (not really) who wants to do that when you have shed your skin, flesh and bones, there is too much to explore. Make lots of noise. <3

Bet the angels have never been called a c*** in an affectionate way before... 🌹x

Go to page:
Go to: