Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

Bernie!  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

A moment of silence for so many senseless deaths. . .


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698


Here comes Amanda!

What a great recitation!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4588

LOL I'll have to rewatch the poetry reading because the propane deliveryman interrupted me.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

JohnnyBlaze said:LOL I'll have to rewatch the poetry reading because the propane deliveryman interrupted me.

I'm looking for it to post here. 📃💙

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4588

Ahavati said:

I'm looking for it to post here. 📃💙


Awesome. 😊

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

JohnnyBlaze said:

Awesome. 😊


All I can find are excerpts. I am sure it will be published now that she's read it publicly.



"The Hill We Climb" reads, in part:

We've seen a force that would shatter our nation rather than share it,

Would destroy our country if it meant delaying democracy.

And this effort very nearly succeeded.

But while democracy can be periodically delayed,

It can never be permanently defeated.

In this truth, in this faith, we trust.

For while we have our eyes on the future,

history has its eyes on us.

[ . . . ]

It was a very astute and poem excellently read. Her composure and passion in delivery was palpable.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4588

Ahavati said:

All I can find are excerpts. I am sure it will be published now that she's read it publicly.



"The Hill We Climb" reads, in part:

We've seen a force that would shatter our nation rather than share it,

Would destroy our country if it meant delaying democracy.

And this effort very nearly succeeded.

But while democracy can be periodically delayed,

It can never be permanently defeated.

In this truth, in this faith, we trust.

For while we have our eyes on the future,

history has its eyes on us.

[ . . . ]

It was a very astute and poem excellently read. Her composure and passion in delivery was palpable.


I look forward to critiquing the entire thing!

And at her age, I would have bumbled the whole reading and fainted before finishing.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

She's fierce ( but I'm sure was nervous ) and grace under fire! What a national debut!

Did you hear about China sanctioning all those former officials.


JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4588

Ahavati said:She's fierce ( but I'm sure was nervous ) and grace under fire! What a national debut!

Did you hear about China sanctioning all those former officials.



No ..? I don't blame them for not wanting anything to do with the previous administration. Especially with a parting shot about the "China virus" earlier. Ugh.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

My respect for Pence has doubled, and I am impressed at how polished this inauguration was. It was very touching seeing Harris escort him down the steps of the capital.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

JohnnyBlaze said:

No ..? I don't blame them for not wanting anything to do with the previous administration. Especially with a parting shot about the "China virus" earlier. Ugh.


Yes; it was breaking news during the inauguration.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4588

Ahavati said:My respect for Pence has doubled, and I am impressed at how polished this inauguration was.  It was very touching seeing Harris escort him down the steps of the capital.

Mine has too. It's his only hope for salvaging his future political career as well, so I take it with a grain of salt.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4588

Only thing I wish could have been done different is that they had set up 400,000 flags to symbolize those fallen from Covid.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

JohnnyBlaze said:

Mine has too. It's his only hope for salvaging his future political career as well, so I take it with a grain of salt.


That's true, but still, at least he showed, choosing the inauguration over Trump's Farwell ceremony.

But all that aside. I am so happy for a peaceful transfer so far. Has there been any uprising. . .anywhere?

Go to page:
Go to: