Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Ahavati said:

So which is it, Madame? Hemi for president because he has it right? Avoid members you don't like or who you know dislike you to play nicely on the playground?

Or fuck Hemi for President because he's got it all wrong? And fuck playing nicely on the playground because fuckall Trump supporters have a right to voice their opinions, in whatever way they choose, in whoever's thread?

Which is it?

Actually what it is, is sarcasm with the President statement, and no offense to Hemi, but given that he's an Australian citizen , that sort of exempts him from being our American president .  If you couldn't deduce that, then it's a sad day when a joking statement is taken so seriously that an inquisition takes place where every word is picked apart for context, hence , my micromanaging statement .

You support free speech and non-abusive behavior, yet you use the word "trolls" in the screen shot here, in reference to Jeff & Jess.  So I can ask you the same question: play nice on the playground or not ?

If you want such tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth and pen, then perhaps you should consider creating forums at your own website where you can do just that.  

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

Look, I don't want this discord between us, okay? Honestly. I want to be able to enjoy this site like everyone else. It wasn't being misquoted me upset me; it was that she refused to correct it and remove the simple phrase "Ahavati said" as I asked.

That’s not fair. Please. The whole story.

As soon as I saw you felt misquoted I changed my poor wording. I even thought I shouldn’t have worded my reply the original way, because it did sound like i was talking to you.

Innocently and foolishly, I originally also thought it didn’t matter one way or another unless she objected, because people have done so with me and I just let it slide. I’m poor with words in my opinion when rapid posting.

Then that wasn’t good enough.

So I put the quote inside a quote box. The quote box indicates a quote being quoted, not the original poster.

That wasn’t good enough. She wanted to ruin the post address the quote came from. After some discussion on another thread I eventually went so far as to remove her name, but only because I could keep the post address. Anything less would have made my original post utterly nonsensical.

It was obvious I meant to cooperate. Despite disagreement over what was confusing.

(If I got discovery/investigating the software code couldn’t I trace it back and prove I changed the wording, then the way I quoted, and then again, the way I titled the nested quote?)

Anyone reading could trace back to the post and understand my clumsy attempt to address it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14263

MadameLavender said:
Actually what it is, is sarcasm with the President statement, and no offense to Hemi, but given that he's an Australian citizen , that sort of exempts him from being our American president .  If you couldn't deduce that, then it's a sad day when a joking statement is taken so seriously that an inquisition takes place where every word is picked apart for context, hence , my micromanaging statement .

You support free speech and non-abusive behavior, yet you use the word "trolls" in the screen shot here, in reference to Jeff & Jess.  So I can ask you the same question: play nice on the playground or not ?

If you want such tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth and pen, then perhaps you should consider creating forums at your own website where you can do just that.  

If I wanted tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth I would be in everyone's thread dictating what they said, woudn't I?  But I'm not because "Jeff" has a right to hate "Jim-Crow Biden" doesn't he? "Jeff" has a right to entitle a thread whatever he wants to entitle it, and subsequently post all the bullshit he wants in it, doesn't he? Same for "Jess". She has a right to have 13 active political threads at the same time on the board, doesn't she?

Fact is that "Jeff and Jess" are trolling this thread with hateful language and mis-attributions, and the majority of the site knows it.

It's my belief you are just defending them because you are a Republican and agree with them. As the thread starter I am requesting all who participate in THIS thread ignore their trolling hate speech and diversionary tactics.

I have just as much right to request that as you do in your Ask a Question thread. No?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

That’s not fair. Please. The whole story.

[ BULL SHIT ]

It is EXACTLY the whole story.

EdibleWords said:

Wrong wording fixed! 😜👍

Ahavati said:

No; it's not. Remove " Ahavati said " as I have requested.

lepperochan said:

it’s not fixed. you’re going to have to sort that out.

[ . . . ]

either way, consider yourself warned

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

a i love you but as far as i can see you will not break the wheel. i tried.  i couldn’t.  there are still reasons to be here

honestly really don’t want you to stress, long term that can fuck u up

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:a i love you but as far as i can see you will not break the wheel. i tried.  i couldn’t.  there are still reasons to be here

anna I am not trying to break the wheel. I have no desire to break the wheel. There are many more good reasons to be here than not-so-good ones.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

well, i did try. i just see you getting stressed and i just think these people aren’t worth it

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:well, i did try. i just see you getting stressed and i just think these people aren’t worth it

I'm really not as stressed as it may appear. I'm more taken back than anything. They aren't worth it; but, I am. And you are. And so are many others who deserve to enjoy this site as well.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

as long as you’re okay x

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:as long as you’re okay x

xo

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Ahavati said:

If I wanted tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth I would be in everyone's thread dictating what they said, woudn't I?  But I'm not because "Jeff" has a right to hate "Jim-Crow Biden" doesn't he? "Jeff" has a right to entitle a thread whatever he wants to entitle it, and subsequently post all the bullshit he wants in it, doesn't he? Same for "Jess". She has a right to have 13 active political threads at the same time on the board, doesn't she?

Fact is that "Jeff and Jess" are trolling this thread with hateful language and mis-attributions, and the majority of the site knows it.

It's my belief you are just defending them because you are a Republican and agree with them. As the thread starter I am requesting all who participate in THIS thread ignore their trolling hate speech and diversionary tactics.

I have just as much right to request that as you do in your Ask a Question thread. No?

And there you have it :   Jeff has the right to post all the bullshit he wants.  <--  sort of says "yes there's free speech , but it's crap if it doesn't agree with my beliefs."

Perhaps Jeff & Jess feel the same way about posts that go against their  beliefs too, but the difference is, is they aren't hitting the "report " on everything that falls into that category .

You can think I'm a republican and supporting them because of that , but I am neither republican or democrat and I vote for the same person in any election : the one who lies, the least .  I'm merely calling attention to a bit of a double standard that goes on around here , that being : "what's good for me, doesn't apply to you, and I can call you out on things but you can't do it to me"

(The "me's, you's and I's", kept in a general sense )

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

No one is reporting Edible & Runaway for not agreeing with beliefs.

And there is a difference between

Edible & Runaway debunking a false claim in any article appearing in this thread or likewise discussing an article

and

Edible & Runaway posting disparaging remarks and accusations about Biden as a means to disrupt the thread ( and let's toss in "fudging quotes" ).

runaway-mindtrain said:https://www.redlibertymedia.com/post/biden-argues-that-blacks-hispanics-don-t-know-how-to-get-online-to-find-covid-19-information

Apparently, minorities are too ignorant to get online or wait in line for a vaccine according to Jim Crow Biden. Yet another of 48 years of racist comments from the leader of the segregationist party democrats...

runaway-mindtrain said:https://news.yahoo.com/biden-claims-didn-t-covid-131245718.html

So either lying like leftist did about Trump for 4 years or handicapped mentally and can't keep track of events. With a virus as bad as ever and middle east wars ramping up to biblical levels, it is "nice" to see we have the weakest president possible. The world laughs and daily prepares to take advantage of the complete lack of leadership we have in the executive branch, while democrats push for their soviet styled "truth commission" to covertly remove the threat of their enemies under the guise of "protecting" democracy from wrong think.... just like the Nazis they supported in the 30s

runaway-mindtrain said:https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/house-gop-demands-pelosi-address-capitol-riot-security-failures/

Capital police chief asked for national guard troops on the 4th from House leaders but was denied. Well, Well. After once again bring called a liar by J Blaze, the truth comes out verified by multiple sources. But of course, they NOW have their oft democrat named "racist" wall and theatre troops around the capitol building. But only after the foreknown threat by left and right extremists groups was ALLOWED to due damage... She will receive little if no repercussions from the coward neo con Republicans

^ This particular false claim was addressed in the Misinformation thread.

And debunking false claims by runaway is not calling runaway a liar. Dragging my name into this thread as though I did was disengenuous not to mention uncalled for in the trolling sense.

runaway-mindtrain said:https://youtu.be/UyZrD-dZnpo

Biden defends chinese internment camps..leftist on DUP now defend it below....

Perhaps the moderators could encourage Edible & Runaway to be less antagonistic, more honest, and more diligent in researching before engaging?

Is that really too much to ask of moderators?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

And there you have it :   Jeff has the right to post all the bullshit he wants.  <--  sort of says "yes there's free speech , but it's crap if it doesn't agree with my beliefs."

Perhaps Jeff & Jess feel the same way about posts that go against their  beliefs too, but the difference is, is they aren't hitting the "report " on everything that falls into that category .

You can think I'm a republican and supporting them because of that , but I am neither republican or democrat and I vote for the same person in any election : the one who lies, the least .  I'm merely calling attention to a bit of a double standard that goes on around here , that being : "what's good for me, doesn't apply to you, and I can call you out on things but you can't do it to me"

(The "me's, you's and I's", kept in a general sense )

Actually, you're wrong. The only difference is that I post factual information that cannot be negated by truth and they don't. The misinformation thread is filled with their false posts ( which I consider bullshit ) if you wanna check.

As for hitting the report button on everything that falls into a certain category? You mean the two reports from this entire thread? One being the off-topic that I announced I reported and the other being the misquote because it wasn't being amended?

Damn straight. As a thread starter I have the right to attempt to keep a thread on track and to not be misquoted.

BTW, how MANY times have you yourself told us to "ignore the trolls"? "Ignore and report! Ignore and report?!"

See, to me that's a double-standard. You instruct one thing then complain when it's done.

Now, can this thread get back to Biden's First 100 days? Do I have the right to conduct this thread so that it remain on topic, as well as "Ignore and report" off-topic posts and trolls as you have instructed dozens of times, both publicly and privately?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

Again. I changed my words as a first response. Do you remember? Your original screenshot included shows the proof.

It was a good faith act, because I thought changing my words was what you were asking for. I was no longer speaking to you and associating your quote with your opinion.

I thought rephrasing it would repair it. As soon as I learned otherwise I put quote into quote and added the link to the source for good measure.

And when that wasn’t good enough, I changed the quote bar name.

Please don’t misrepresent my actions.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

[ whining ]

Edible. You did NOT edit out "Ahavati said" until a moderator told you to correct it with a warning. I don't give a shit what else you did. I specifically asked you, repeatedly in this thread and the other misinformation thread to remove "Ahavati said" and you refused UNTIL a moderator instructed you to with a warning.

Period. I am NOT damaging your reputation; you are doing that with your own actions all by yourself.

EdibleWords said:

If you can refrain from quoting, commenting about or debunking my posts, I will attempt to return the favor going forward. I will not needlessly alter past posts to appease you when any reasonable person can easily understand the thread as it stands.

Go to page:
Go to: