Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4500

Ahavati said:

Hell it was a moderator who helped me create the guidelines to the corona virus thread.


Exactly.


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

lepperochan said:

fair enough the paragraph can be interpreted that way.  

look, this is a tough one to enforce properly. it would apply to everything : forums, poetry and comments. it would be a nightmare

[Iím sorry, Anna I posted my comment to make a wider point. I do understand it]

right, so someone misquoted you. It was pointed out straight away so the chances anyone would think you said what was in the quote was very slim.less than that

Iím going to hazard a guess it didnít hurt you physically or mentally so there was no need to have a canary over it,

that said, if it is beyond the guidelines then there is the question of what to do about it. is it a case the post is simply hidden or are we talking about something more


Look, I don't want this discord between us, okay? Honestly. I want to be able to enjoy this site like everyone else. It wasn't being misquoted me upset me; it was that she refused to correct it and remove the simple phrase "Ahavati said" as I asked.

The majority of actions on this site come down to RESPECT, because hardly anything is spelled out in the site guidelines. I mean by the measure you're saying there's no site guideline about deliberately misquoting someone ( it becomes deliberate when the person has been informed and they refuse to amend it as asked ), there are also no site guidelines to follow ANY of the forum threads.

I don't have to ask a question in the question thread because there is no guideline that says I have to. But, whenever I participate I DO because RESPECT for the thread starter.

If there were a simple site guideline that said members need to adhere to thread guidelines I believe half of the moderator issues be solved.

It can't be both ways. You can't expect or force members to comply to certain forum rules when there are no site guidelines dictating they do, then turn around and say there are no site guidelines for such-and-such ( even though you know it's wrong ) so anyone can do it.

It's a matter of respect. I would never do that to you, or anyone. It would be a lie. It wouldn't be true. It's disrespectful, particularly not to correct it when notified of the error.

Telling a website that anyone can attribute any quote to another person without retribution is dangerous, in my opinion. It can also be liable and definitely infringes upon their personal rights and ability to enjoy this website.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5245


Ahavati said:

So which is it, Madame? Hemi for president because he has it right? Avoid members you don't like or who you know dislike you to play nicely on the playground?

Or fuck Hemi for President because he's got it all wrong? And fuck playing nicely on the playground because fuckall Trump supporters have a right to voice their opinions, in whatever way they choose, in whoever's thread?

Which is it?



Actually what it is, is sarcasm with the President statement, and no offense to Hemi, but given that he's an Australian citizen , that sort of exempts him from being our American president .  If you couldn't deduce that, then it's a sad day when a joking statement is taken so seriously that an inquisition takes place where every word is picked apart for context, hence , my micromanaging statement .

  You support free speech and non-abusive behavior, yet you use the word "trolls" in the screen shot here, in reference to Jeff & Jess.  So I can ask you the same question: play nice on the playground or not ?

If you want such tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth and pen, then perhaps you should consider creating forums at your own website where you can do just that.  

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2628

Ahavati said:

Look, I don't want this discord between us, okay? Honestly. I want to be able to enjoy this site like everyone else. It wasn't being misquoted me upset me; it was that she refused to correct it and remove the simple phrase "Ahavati said" as I asked.



Thatís not fair. Please. The whole story.

As soon as I saw you felt misquoted I changed my poor wording. I even thought I shouldnít have worded my reply the original way, because it did sound like i was talking to you.

Innocently and foolishly, I originally also thought it didnít matter one way or another unless she objected, because people have done so with me and I just let it slide. Iím poor with words in my opinion when rapid posting.

Then that wasnít good enough.

So I put the quote inside a quote box. The quote box indicates a quote being quoted, not the original poster.

That wasnít good enough. She wanted to ruin the post address the quote came from. After some discussion on another thread I eventually went so far as to remove her name, but only because I could keep the post address. Anything less would have made my original post utterly nonsensical.

It was obvious I meant to cooperate. Despite disagreement over what was confusing.


(If I got discovery/investigating the software code couldnít I trace it back and prove I changed the wording, then the way I quoted, and then again, the way I titled the nested quote?)

Anyone reading could trace back to the post and understand my clumsy attempt to address it.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

MadameLavender said:
Actually what it is, is sarcasm with the President statement, and no offense to Hemi, but given that he's an Australian citizen , that sort of exempts him from being our American president .  If you couldn't deduce that, then it's a sad day when a joking statement is taken so seriously that an inquisition takes place where every word is picked apart for context, hence , my micromanaging statement .

You support free speech and non-abusive behavior, yet you use the word "trolls" in the screen shot here, in reference to Jeff & Jess.  So I can ask you the same question: play nice on the playground or not ?

If you want such tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth and pen, then perhaps you should consider creating forums at your own website where you can do just that.  


If I wanted tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth I would be in everyone's thread dictating what they said, woudn't I?  But I'm not because "Jeff" has a right to hate "Jim-Crow Biden" doesn't he? "Jeff" has a right to entitle a thread whatever he wants to entitle it, and subsequently post all the bullshit he wants in it, doesn't he? Same for "Jess". She has a right to have 13 active political threads at the same time on the board, doesn't she?

Fact is that "Jeff and Jess" are trolling this thread with hateful language and mis-attributions, and the majority of the site knows it.

It's my belief you are just defending them because you are a Republican and agree with them. As the thread starter I am requesting all who participate in THIS thread ignore their trolling hate speech and diversionary tactics.

I have just as much right to request that as you do in your Ask a Question thread. No?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

EdibleWords said:

Thatís not fair. Please. The whole story.

[ BULL SHIT ]



It is EXACTLY the whole story.

EdibleWords said:

Wrong wording fixed! 😜👍


Ahavati said:

No; it's not. Remove " Ahavati said " as I have requested.


lepperochan said:

itís not fixed. youíre going to have to sort that out.

[ . . . ]

either way, consider yourself warned


anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2795

a i love you but as far as i can see you will not break the wheel. i tried.  i couldnít.  there are still reasons to be here

honestly really donít want you to stress, long term that can fuck u up

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

anna_grin said:a i love you but as far as i can see you will not break the wheel. i tried.  i couldnít.  there are still reasons to be here

anna I am not trying to break the wheel. I have no desire to break the wheel. There are many more good reasons to be here than not-so-good ones.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2795

well, i did try. i just see you getting stressed and i just think these people arenít worth it

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

anna_grin said:well, i did try. i just see you getting stressed and i just think these people arenít worth it

I'm really not as stressed as it may appear. I'm more taken back than anything. They aren't worth it; but, I am. And you are. And so are many others who deserve to enjoy this site as well.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2795

as long as youíre okay x

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

anna_grin said:as long as youíre okay x

xo

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5245

Ahavati said:

If I wanted tight control out of everything that comes out of everyone's mouth I would be in everyone's thread dictating what they said, woudn't I?  But I'm not because "Jeff" has a right to hate "Jim-Crow Biden" doesn't he? "Jeff" has a right to entitle a thread whatever he wants to entitle it, and subsequently post all the bullshit he wants in it, doesn't he? Same for "Jess". She has a right to have 13 active political threads at the same time on the board, doesn't she?

Fact is that "Jeff and Jess" are trolling this thread with hateful language and mis-attributions, and the majority of the site knows it.

It's my belief you are just defending them because you are a Republican and agree with them. As the thread starter I am requesting all who participate in THIS thread ignore their trolling hate speech and diversionary tactics.

I have just as much right to request that as you do in your Ask a Question thread. No?


And there you have it :   Jeff has the right to post all the bullshit he wants.  <--  sort of says "yes there's free speech , but it's crap if it doesn't agree with my beliefs."

Perhaps Jeff & Jess feel the same way about posts that go against their  beliefs too, but the difference is, is they aren't hitting the "report " on everything that falls into that category .

You can think I'm a republican and supporting them because of that , but I am neither republican or democrat and I vote for the same person in any election : the one who lies, the least .  I'm merely calling attention to a bit of a double standard that goes on around here , that being : "what's good for me, doesn't apply to you, and I can call you out on things but you can't do it to me"

(The "me's, you's and I's", kept in a general sense )

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4500

No one is reporting Edible & Runaway for not agreeing with beliefs.

And there is a difference between

Edible & Runaway debunking a false claim in any article appearing in this thread or likewise discussing an article

and

Edible & Runaway posting disparaging remarks and accusations about Biden as a means to disrupt the thread ( and let's toss in "fudging quotes" ).

runaway-mindtrain said:https://www.redlibertymedia.com/post/biden-argues-that-blacks-hispanics-don-t-know-how-to-get-online-to-find-covid-19-information

Apparently, minorities are too ignorant to get online or wait in line for a vaccine according to Jim Crow Biden. Yet another of 48 years of racist comments from the leader of the segregationist party democrats...


runaway-mindtrain said:https://news.yahoo.com/biden-claims-didn-t-covid-131245718.html

So either lying like leftist did about Trump for 4 years or handicapped mentally and can't keep track of events. With a virus as bad as ever and middle east wars ramping up to biblical levels, it is "nice" to see we have the weakest president possible. The world laughs and daily prepares to take advantage of the complete lack of leadership we have in the executive branch, while democrats push for their soviet styled "truth commission" to covertly remove the threat of their enemies under the guise of "protecting" democracy from wrong think.... just like the Nazis they supported in the 30s


runaway-mindtrain said:https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/house-gop-demands-pelosi-address-capitol-riot-security-failures/

Capital police chief asked for national guard troops on the 4th from House leaders but was denied. Well, Well. After once again bring called a liar by J Blaze, the truth comes out verified by multiple sources. But of course, they NOW have their oft democrat named "racist" wall and theatre troops around the capitol building. But only after the foreknown threat by left and right extremists groups was ALLOWED to due damage... She will receive little if no repercussions from the coward neo con Republicans


^ This particular false claim was addressed in the Misinformation thread.

And debunking false claims by runaway is not calling runaway a liar. Dragging my name into this thread as though I did was disengenuous not to mention uncalled for in the trolling sense.

runaway-mindtrain said:https://youtu.be/UyZrD-dZnpo

Biden defends chinese internment camps..leftist on DUP now defend it below....


Perhaps the moderators could encourage Edible & Runaway to be less antagonistic, more honest, and more diligent in researching before engaging?

Is that really too much to ask of moderators?





Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

MadameLavender said:

And there you have it :   Jeff has the right to post all the bullshit he wants.  <--  sort of says "yes there's free speech , but it's crap if it doesn't agree with my beliefs."

Perhaps Jeff & Jess feel the same way about posts that go against their  beliefs too, but the difference is, is they aren't hitting the "report " on everything that falls into that category .

You can think I'm a republican and supporting them because of that , but I am neither republican or democrat and I vote for the same person in any election : the one who lies, the least .  I'm merely calling attention to a bit of a double standard that goes on around here , that being : "what's good for me, doesn't apply to you, and I can call you out on things but you can't do it to me"

(The "me's, you's and I's", kept in a general sense )


Actually, you're wrong. The only difference is that I post factual information that cannot be negated by truth and they don't. The misinformation thread is filled with their false posts ( which I consider bullshit ) if you wanna check.

As for hitting the report button on everything that falls into a certain category? You mean the two reports from this entire thread? One being the off-topic that I announced I reported and the other being the misquote because it wasn't being amended?

Damn straight. As a thread starter I have the right to attempt to keep a thread on track and to not be misquoted.

BTW, how MANY times have you yourself told us to "ignore the trolls"? "Ignore and report! Ignore and report?!"

See, to me that's a double-standard. You instruct one thing then complain when it's done.

Now, can this thread get back to Biden's First 100 days? Do I have the right to conduct this thread so that it remain on topic, as well as "Ignore and report" off-topic posts and trolls as you have instructed dozens of times, both publicly and privately?

Go to page:
Go to: