Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

i just ate tea but am bloody starving ...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Ahavati said:

So you're saying anyone here can attribute another person's quote to anyone they choose because there is no guideline against it? Even after being informed said person didn't actually say it?

That’s exactly what I’m saying. well done

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14634

lepperochan said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. well done

Quoted for verification.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

lepperochan said: I’m a bit of a cockwomble sometimes but understand i never asked for this fuckin crown

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

sorry a for derailing ya newspaper

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

anna_grin said:

hang on, I’ll try my best to feel offended in a minute

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

am not after offending you craic. you just don’t know me as well as you thought

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:You don’t make the rules here and no rule which says someone cannot misquote you. You cannot demand someone change it or remove it. get over it

You don't make the rules either, but you obviously need to learn them.

You may not post or transmit any false, defamatory, abusive, threatening or illegal User Content or User Content that infringes on the rights of others or the ability of others to enjoy this website.

Are my rights to enjoy this website not being infringed upon by being misquoted? Particularly after she was notified and refused to amend it?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I want to point out that I haven't done any hit n run jobs bashing Trump or Republicans in any of Edible's or Runaway's threads.

Do I make references to Republican's as Nazis and "pieces of shit"?

No.

Do I make references to Trump as a "child fondler" or "rapist mobster"?

No.

Do I make references to "some Trump supporters" as being "bat shit crazy"?

Yes, to point out you can't have a conversation with any person who ignores facts and is divorced from reality that everyone shares like shopping malls, two lane highways, and presidential elections.

Big whoop.

This thread and the Heather Cox thread are NOT my threads.

Please respect the threadstarter's wishes, as is the case with all of the play along threads and competition threads.

You don't want me diving into your buckets of hate with a fact here and a debunked claim there?

Then tell ME to stay out of them.

Don't hand out this bullshit saying there are two sides here acting the same.

There is only one side involving a few people with a history of shitting all over multiple threads.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:I want to point out that I haven't done any hit n run jobs bashing Trump or Republicans in any of Edible's or Runaway's threads.

Do I make references to Republican's as Nazis and "pieces of shit"?

No.

Do I make references to Trump as a "child fondler" or "rapist mobster"?

No.

Do I make references to "some Trump supporters" as being "bat shit crazy"?

Yes, to point out you can't have a conversation with any person who ignores facts and is divorced from reality that everyone shares like shopping malls, two lane highways, and presidential elections.

Big whoop.

This thread and the Heather Cox thread are NOT my threads.

Please respect the threadstarter's wishes, as is the case with all of the play along threads and competition threads.

You don't want me diving into your buckets of hate with a fact here and a debunked claim there?

Then tell ME to stay out of them.

You know what, that's a damn good point about the play along threads and their guidelines. Are thread guidelines going to be adhered to, or can someone crash and burn them too without regard to their guidelines?

Hmmmmm I need to check the guidelines.

Edit: Nope: nothing in the site guidelines that says you have to follow any forum guidelines. I believe it's done out of RESPECT.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

You know what, that's a damn good point about the play along threads and their guidelines. Are thread guidelines going to be adhered to, or can someone crash and burn them too?

Hmmmmm I need to check the guidelines.

There was a discussion with The Mods in here somewhere regarding threads having simple guidelines. It's probably in one of the Free Speech threads.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

There was a discussion with The Mods in here somewhere regarding threads having simple guidelines. It's probably in one of the Free Speech threads.

Hell it was a moderator who helped me create the guidelines to the corona virus thread.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Ahavati said:

Are my rights to enjoy this website not being infringed upon by being misquoted? Particularly after she was notified and refused to amend it?

fair enough the paragraph can be interpreted that way.  

look, this is a tough one to enforce properly. it would apply to everything : forums, poetry and comments. it would be a nightmare

[I’m sorry, Anna I posted my comment to make a wider point. I do understand it]

right, so someone misquoted you. It was pointed out straight away so the chances anyone would think you said what was in the quote was very slim.less than that

I’m going to hazard a guess it didn’t hurt you physically or mentally so there was no need to have a canary over it,

that said, if it is beyond the guidelines then there is the question of what to do about it. is it a case the post is simply hidden or are we talking about something more

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Hell it was a moderator who helped me create the guidelines to the corona virus thread.

Exactly.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:

fair enough the paragraph can be interpreted that way.  

look, this is a tough one to enforce properly. it would apply to everything : forums, poetry and comments. it would be a nightmare

[I’m sorry, Anna I posted my comment to make a wider point. I do understand it]

right, so someone misquoted you. It was pointed out straight away so the chances anyone would think you said what was in the quote was very slim.less than that

I’m going to hazard a guess it didn’t hurt you physically or mentally so there was no need to have a canary over it,

that said, if it is beyond the guidelines then there is the question of what to do about it. is it a case the post is simply hidden or are we talking about something more

Look, I don't want this discord between us, okay? Honestly. I want to be able to enjoy this site like everyone else. It wasn't being misquoted me upset me; it was that she refused to correct it and remove the simple phrase "Ahavati said" as I asked.

The majority of actions on this site come down to RESPECT, because hardly anything is spelled out in the site guidelines. I mean by the measure you're saying there's no site guideline about deliberately misquoting someone ( it becomes deliberate when the person has been informed and they refuse to amend it as asked ), there are also no site guidelines to follow ANY of the forum threads.

I don't have to ask a question in the question thread because there is no guideline that says I have to. But, whenever I participate I DO because RESPECT for the thread starter.

If there were a simple site guideline that said members need to adhere to thread guidelines I believe half of the moderator issues be solved.

It can't be both ways. You can't expect or force members to comply to certain forum rules when there are no site guidelines dictating they do, then turn around and say there are no site guidelines for such-and-such ( even though you know it's wrong ) so anyone can do it.

It's a matter of respect. I would never do that to you, or anyone. It would be a lie. It wouldn't be true. It's disrespectful, particularly not to correct it when notified of the error.

Telling a website that anyone can attribute any quote to another person without retribution is dangerous, in my opinion. It can also be liable and definitely infringes upon their personal rights and ability to enjoy this website.

Go to page:
Go to: