Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Also . . .

lepperochan said:I don’t know if this thread is supposed to be a shrine type thing. I don’t see it has any real value. assuming most people who are here and give a fuk about Biden have some kind of tv and internet

but, that’s just me apparently

For the time being ( 100 days ), instead of watching this news show and listening to that radio program and reading this blog and listening to that podcast - all one has to do is read this thread to stay informed.

You're perception of it being unnecessary invalidates itself.

And it's also American history as it happens delivered in one classroom.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

lepperochan said:

It’s about calming the water a little. you don’t have to be precise and in fairness there is no guideline which refers to quoting or misquoting other people. it’s been going in since time immemorial

so, it’s about you saying ok fair enough I (you) can do this, just because.

Ok. Thank you. I see better what you are going for.

I’d very much appreciate if you would encourage others to not give my participation malicious interpretations, since we can see that this happened to me again and it happens a lot. And it does damage in various ways.

All the same, I’m not the queen of interpreting social nuances. So I don’t mind being encouraged to make things easier for you and other mods! 👍

I love diversity of opinions. And unity. Together.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Ok since there are obviously 2 camps of people when it comes to Biden-- those who think he's God and those who think he's the Antichrist ,  perhaps we should control and sequester everyone's opinions between 2 threads.

This thread we're currently in, can be for Biden praise only, and this thread here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11723/

Can be for Biden bashing only.

You can't bash in this thread and likewise you can't praise in the other.   How would that be?  Everyone can stick to their own camps and not try to have a conversation with the other side for fear that it might ruffle feathers and get your posts deleted because your opinion is different than someone else's.

(I believe that's called cancel culture....)

So thoughts , everyone ?  Shall we just cancel each other out and rule each thread with an iron fist?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

i don’t agree with a Biden basher, i doubt there would be quiet acceptance for a similarly spirited trump trasher

however : have at it if you need the shouting space

i tend to just read and not contribute here but it’s nice to get a succinct update every now and then

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

anna_grin said:i don’t agree with a Biden basher, i doubt there would be quiet acceptance for a similarly spirited trump trasher

however : have at it if you need the shouting space

And there are those who don't agree with Biden praisers, Trump praisers and Trump trashers too.   My point is, is if we're going to have a place for praising one side, then it's only fair to have a place to not praise that side .   (which you perfectly labeled as shouting space )

Tit for that....

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

im in full support of tits and tatts

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

MadameLavender said:Ok since there are obviously 2 camps of people when it comes to Biden-- those who think he's God and those who think he's the Antichrist ,  perhaps we should control and sequester everyone's opinions between 2 threads.

This thread we're currently in, can be for Biden praise only, and this thread here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11723/

Can be for Biden bashing only.

You can't bash in this thread and likewise you can't praise in the other.   How would that be?  Everyone can stick to their own camps and not try to have a conversation with the other side for fear that it might ruffle feathers and get your posts deleted because your opinion is different than someone else's.

(I believe that's called cancel culture....)

So thoughts , everyone ?  Shall we just cancel each other out and rule each thread with an iron fist?

I think we’d have to label each a brainwashing classroom, since JB labeled this a news aggregator and classroom.

I prefer dicey family-style unity, to be perfectly honest. But the way I raise kids... let’s just say I’m an egalitarian... I prefer to see open disagreement like what happened yesterday, in my own house with my stubborn teen - and on the thread, here.

She got her opinion and her choice - and I did eventually see the payoff. I like happy people. Even if I honestly disagree.

Speaking of which, I think Someone’s main concern isn’t everybody, it’s more just about one particular person (me) and while I would prefer, actually, her to be free to come participate on my threads whenever she wants, she might just prefer I stay away from hers. Which I was already going to try but couldn’t resist the question. So this one... be my lasts. Cheers!

And with that, I think we’ll all see a happier thread hostess. I’d rather that than see the diversity of opinions and news reporting disappear. That’s just me, of course.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:im in full support of tits and tatts

Ugh - she can be so hard to disagree with sometimes!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i mean- if Biden makes some big fuckup

if he is caught i don’t know ... saying he likes to grab women by the pussy for example - it would make sense to post it here. it’s not really bashing that people are objecting to, as far as i can see, it’s misquoting, misleading and misinformation- the three sisters no one wants to fw

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:i mean- if Biden makes some big fuckup

Invite - Come over to my messy thread. You know the one. You seem to have missed a few fk-ups by our dear potato. This ain’t the thread for me to explain...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

you disgust me but out of respect for a you won’t get anything else from me

i see you edited out your most abhorrent words fair play

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

EdibleWords said:

I think we’d have to label each a brainwashing classroom, since JB labeled this a news aggregator and classroom.

I prefer dicey family-style unity, to be perfectly honest. But the way I raise kids... let’s just say I’m an egalitarian... I prefer to see open disagreement like what happened yesterday, in my own house with my stubborn teen - and on the thread, here.

She got her opinion and her choice - and I did eventually see the payoff. I like happy people. Even if I honestly disagree.

Speaking of which, I think Someone’s main concern isn’t everybody, it’s more just about one particular person (me) and while I would prefer, actually, her to be free to come participate on my threads whenever she wants, she might just prefer I stay away from hers. Which I was already going to try but couldn’t resist the question. So this one... be my lasts. Cheers!

And with that, I think we’ll all see a happier thread hostess. I’d rather that than see the diversity of opinions and news reporting disappear. That’s just me, of course.

True, but there was a healthy dose of sarcasm in my post, as to what happens when there's too much micromanaging of threads:  it does indeed, take away the diversity of opinions & news reporting , just as you say ....

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

MadameLavender said:

True, but there was a healthy dose of sarcasm in my post, as to what happens when there's too much micromanaging of threads:  it does indeed, take away the diversity of opinions & news reporting , just as you say ....

Okay Madame, which is it? Avoid the people that you don't get along with and play nicely on the playground or do Trump supporters ( such as yourself, edible and runaway ) get a special pass on that?

I see you didn't even address the issue of the misattribution of quote, which started this entire mess. And furthermore, wasn't corrected until a moderator stepped in with a warning. How would you like it if I posted a quote with your name and refused to correct it ( properly ) but ran around the mulberry bush of confusion because it garnered more attention and stirred up a shit storm?

Why couldn't SHE have just corrected it when I asked? All I asked is that she remove "Ahavati said" and she refused until warned by a moderator.

Since when, by your own dictates, is it okay to conduct oneself in such a hateful manner as runaway or edible, whom you yourself have warned and banned for her unacceptable behaviour?!

You and I have had COUNTLESS personal conversations over the four-year course of Trump's presidency, and not ONCE have I ever been hateful or derogatory to you about it. On the contrary, I was always respectful and in agreement with you that this was happening for a reason, regardless of my dislike for Trump.

I haven't visited runaway's thread until I clicked your link because I DON'T CARE what opinion he has or how he expresses it. I am not interested in such a thread, not its contents, as evidenced by my lack of participation. He has a right to both a thread and opinion without me interferring. UNTIL he steps in my thread to shit all over the place with disrespect. I've posted only a handful of times in edibles' latest, and only once to her directly for the same reason.

Here, remember this guy you nominated for president because of his speech in regards to our conspiracy, right wing, ultra conservative, Proud Boy, Oath Keepers, and QAnon supporters?

MadameLavender said:Hemi for President !

He's got it right:

hemihead said:

In regard to all of it, every piece of it, every carved manatee and trick full of pipe bombs, it’s the determination to only see what fits your worldview....that’s the central thing.

How much more evidence do you need? How many more on-camera quotes and on camera outing themselves do you need to see? What would actually constitute proof for you? At what point do you decide to accept what is in front of you? At what point do you decide that just once, the world is as it seems, no black hats, no double double double conspiracies, just a group of people who are afraid for loss of their privilege and power that they have had for generations, coupled with declining education and financial status, the rise of “free speech” social media controlled by a small group of wealthy people and very expensive computers and then at last someone unscrupulous enough to see a voting block who would sweep him to power....what part of that ending badly with heavily armed paranoid people trying to “take back” government doesn’t ring true for you? What part do you need explained to you? What part of 50 years of increasing poverty and social divide between richpoorbkackwhitehavehavenot which has brought civil unrest to every single society that this has happened too as far back as we have written records do you not find convincing?

Get out of the politics and look at the society.

The breathtakingly vain view of a bog standard US citizen right now is that they have no lessons to learn from history, that this is some unique and new thing in how societies have always behaved.

The rich are too rich, there are far too many poor, the middle class is broke, the American dream died at the end of the 60’s (maybe mid 70’s), politics doesn’t serve its people, and power goes to those who can create or group enough hate together to shout all others down.

Welcome to the world.

Read a book.

Specifically read the history of Rome from the rise of the Gracchi to the death of Antony and cleopatra, then tell us again how special your little republic going up in flames is....

Here's another for posterity's sake:

hemihead said:

Step one: Ignore the fact that a dishonest source was quoted, and instead demand that it should be discussed anyway as being as true and valid as any other point of view.

Step two: accuse the person of a made up thing to divert from the use of obvious lies. Don’t be smart enough to understand that the obviously made up thing was made up to help stupid and usually racist people not feel so bad when their actions are held to account

Step three: complain again about how nobody wants to listen to you.

Step four: continue to only quote things that reinforce your dullard’s world view and personal fears, fed by your total lack of understanding of how the world actually works, and your inability to learn it. Don’t worry about the credibility of the source. Don’t read the replies. Don’t stop for a moment to wonder if the philosophy is right, and maybe the true exercise of intelligence is the learned ability to consider information and make an informed decision about the veracity of it.

Keep going. Keep banging away. Keep winning the internet. Go to your grave, your lineage of stupid firmly secure, a solid legacy of the mediocre, knowing you really did a good job of winning the internet on a poetry forum. You put aside world peace, mental stability, book smarts, credibility among your peers, but goddamn if you didn’t really show who’s boss, anonymously, pointlessly, among the 5 people in 7 billion who read it, on a poetry site....

Repeat from step 1. Do it as fast as you can. Make sure you are fast. Quickly.

So which is it, Madame? Hemi for president because he has it right? Avoid members you don't like or who you know dislike you to play nicely on the playground?

Or fuck Hemi for President because he's got it all wrong? And fuck playing nicely on the playground because fuckall Trump supporters have a right to voice their opinions, in whatever way they choose, in whoever's thread?

Which is it?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

You don’t make the rules here and no rule which says someone cannot misquote you. You cannot demand someone change it or remove it. get over it

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

lepperochan said:You don’t make the rules here and no rule which says someone cannot misquote you. You cannot demand someone change it or remove it. get over it

So you're saying anyone here can attribute another person's quote to anyone they choose because there is no guideline against it? Even after being informed said person didn't actually say it?

You don't make the rules either.

Go to page:
Go to: