Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
97awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9546

You have to admire President Biden's focus:

Joe Biden is continuing his push to approve his $1.9 trillion stimulus package even as the Trump impeachment trial proceeds
[ . . . ]
The president has refused to get dragged into the impeachment proceedings, arguing there were bigger crises at hand. Biden recently said he was not watching the trial. Last month, Democrats charged Trump with an article of impeachment for instigating the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol that left five people dead.

"We have already lost over 450,000 people, and we could lose a whole lot more if we don't act and act decisively," Biden said on Tuesday. "As I have said before, children are going to bed hungry. A lot of families are food-insecure. They are in trouble. That's my job."

[ . . . ]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-biden-is-continuing-his-push-to-approve-his-2419-trillion-stimulus-package-even-as-the-trump-impeachment-trial-proceeds/ar-BB1dEkFa?ocid=uxbndlbing

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Biden town hall defined by his respect, empathy and kindness toward questioners

Joe Bidenís first cable TV town hall as president provided some news and policy substance. He talked about making it possible for everyone who wants a COVID-19 vaccination to be able to get one by the end of July. He talked about reopening classrooms for pupils in kindergarten to eighth grade this spring. He talked, and maybe went on a bit too long, about China and immigration.

But what was most impressive was the respect, empathy and kindness he showed to the audience members in Milwaukeeís Pabst Theater who asked questions. That is more a matter of style, I guess. But for many politicians, TV style often seems artificial, coached and rehearsed. And maybe Iím just so happy after four years to hear a president who isnít a bully and blowhard that Iím willing to be fooled, but Mr. Bidenís kindness to questioners came across as sincere.

[ . . . ]

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/columnists/zurawik/bs-ed-zontv-biden-town-hall-20210217-aana2nlzzzd3li645c6u7mftna-story.html

President Biden has faced much loss in his life. His first wife and infant daughter were killed in a car crash; and then he lost a son to brain cancer. When it comes to children, he cares deeply and can empathise with fear and loss experienced by parents.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2628

Someone quoted an article and part of it said:

He talked, and maybe went on a bit too long, about China and immigration.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/columnists/zurawik/bs-ed-zontv-biden-town-hall-20210217-aana2nlzzzd3li645c6u7mftna-story.html

ďIím not gonna speak out against what heís doing in Hong Kong, what heís doing with the Uyghurs in the western mountains of ChinaÖculturally there are different norms that each country and their leaders are expected to follow,Ē he added.

Wow, that is so right.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Edible you have deliberately attributed someone else's quote to me. I have reported your post as  blatantly false, being you are more than aware of how to use the quote function, as demonstrated by your second quote.

I would also greatly appreciate you providing source links whenever you quote me, as well as the headline screenshot you posted.

runaway-mindtrain
runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 417

https://www.redlibertymedia.com/post/biden-argues-that-blacks-hispanics-don-t-know-how-to-get-online-to-find-covid-19-information

Apparently, minorities are too ignorant to get online or wait in line for a vaccine according to Jim Crow Biden. Yet another of 48 years of racist comments from the leader of the segregationist party democrats...

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I'm asking all particpants of this thread to please not feed the trolls. I know they're starving and desperate; however, there is an established misinformation thread which provides you the opportunity to negate statement you feel is taken out of context, as well as flat out false ( such as my supposed quote up there ).

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11699/

I would greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Thank you.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4500

Ahavati said:Biden town hall defined by his respect, empathy and kindness toward questioners

Joe Bidenís first cable TV town hall as president provided some news and policy substance. He talked about making it possible for everyone who wants a COVID-19 vaccination to be able to get one by the end of July. He talked about reopening classrooms for pupils in kindergarten to eighth grade this spring. He talked, and maybe went on a bit too long, about China and immigration.

But what was most impressive was the respect, empathy and kindness he showed to the audience members in Milwaukeeís Pabst Theater who asked questions. That is more a matter of style, I guess. But for many politicians, TV style often seems artificial, coached and rehearsed. And maybe Iím just so happy after four years to hear a president who isnít a bully and blowhard that Iím willing to be fooled, but Mr. Bidenís kindness to questioners came across as sincere.

[ . . . ]

President Biden has faced much loss in his life. His first wife and infant daughter were killed in a car crash; and then he lost a son to brain cancer. When it comes to children, he cares deeply and can empathise with fear and loss experienced by parents.

It most certainly is a refreshing change of pace. I just wish the headlines were more of this guy focusing on the issues and less of the other guy with his antics.

runaway-mindtrain
runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 30th July 2017

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-claims-didn-t-covid-131245718.html

So either lying like leftist did about Trump for 4 years or handicapped mentally and can't keep track of events. With a virus as bad as ever and middle east wars ramping up to biblical levels, it is "nice" to see we have the weakest president possible. The world laughs and daily prepares to take advantage of the complete lack of leadership we have in the executive branch, while democrats push for their soviet styled "truth commission" to covertly remove the threat of their enemies under the guise of "protecting" democracy from wrong think.... just like the Nazis they supported in the 30s

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:Edible you have deliberately attributed someone else's quote to me. I have reported your post as  blatantly false, being you are more than aware of how to use the quote function, as demonstrated by your second quote.

I would also greatly appreciate you providing source links whenever you quote me, as well as the headline screenshot you posted.

Wrong wording fixed! 😜👍

runaway-mindtrain
runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 30th July 2017

https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/house-gop-demands-pelosi-address-capitol-riot-security-failures/

Capital police chief asked for national guard troops on the 4th from House leaders but was denied. Well, Well. After once again bring called a liar by J Blaze, the truth comes out verified by multiple sources. But of course, they NOW have their oft democrat named "racist" wall and theatre troops around the capitol building. But only after the foreknown threat by left and right extremists groups was ALLOWED to due damage... She will receive little if no repercussions from the coward neo con Republicans

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Runaway I have reported your post as off-topic. I realize your intent ( along with edible's ) is to shit all over this thread because you despise Biden. It will not work. You will be ignored ( along with edible ) and reported for going off-topic.

I truly hold compassion for you. You are filled with so much hatred and spite you have become blinded.  I have negated you myself half a dozen times at least. I truly feel compassion for you despite your intentions.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

Wrong wording fixed! 😜👍

No; it's not. Remove " Ahavati said " as I have requested.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13953

EdibleWords said:

Wrong wording fixed! 😜👍

itís not fixed. youíre going to have to sort that out.

the two party system is see saw politics: one is up the other is down. you, lady are currently on the down.  gonna have to learn to live with that for the next whatever many years. youíll eventually be on the up again.

either way, consider yourself warned

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

lepperochan said:

itís not fixed. youíre going to have to sort that out.

the two party system is see saw politics: one is up the other is down. you, lady are currently on the down.  gonna have to learn to live with that for the next whatever many years. youíll eventually be on the up again.

either way, consider yourself warned

Is it fixed now?

Iíve never seen such demand for precision, to the point I feel picked on unevenly. Is that what you mean? Iím confused.

And to say I deliberately misrepresented words to put them on another person is not and never was my motive. I was innocent. Please donít let others use malicious conjecture on me. 🙏

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13953

EdibleWords said:

Is it fixed now?

Iíve never seen such demand for precision, to the point I feel picked on unevenly. Is that what you mean? Iím confused.

Itís about calming the water a little. you donít have to be precise and in fairness there is no guideline which refers to quoting or misquoting other people. itís been going in since time immemorial

so, itís about you saying ok fair enough I (you) can do this, just because.

I donít know if this thread is supposed to be a shrine type thing. I donít see it has any real value. assuming most people who are here and give a fuk about Biden have some kind of tv and internet

but, thatís just me apparently

Go to page:
Go to: