Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 758

I have two family members that will not be able to afford insulin, now. Thanks to the piece of shit Jim Crow Biden and his liberal plantation workers. Are you going to address the medical rape by Biden on diabetics and his rising number of jobs eliminated in the first few days??? Probably not, since real world facts are ignored for identity politics and grievance group flim flam. Only racist think it matters that this woman is Navajo. Segregation of race and color is the mantra of leftist. It doesn't matter who your "group" is unless you plan on using that info for control while all being rationalized by critical race theory....aka racist theory.... Well it is the lynching party...I shouldn't be surprised. The fucking over of America continues

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Prisons should never be for profit, and the 13th Amendment needs to be amended.

Biden directs DOJ to phase out use of private prisons

The executive order, signed alongside three others as part of an effort to address racial inequality, largely returns the department to the policy adopted under the Obama administration.

"To decrease incarceration levels, we must reduce profit-based incentives to incarcerate by phasing out the federal government's reliance on privately operated criminal detention facilities," Biden wrote in the order.

The order directs DOJ not to renew any of the contracts with private prisons that house federal inmates, roughly 14,000 out of the 2 million people incarcerated in America.

Criminal justice reform advocates say the move is an important first step in reducing reliance on private prisons, which critics argue have little accountability and whose models are incompatible with efforts to rehabilitate offenders.

But some warn the order will only have a limited impact, particularly given the length of contracts that may have been signed under the Trump administration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-directs-doj-to-phase-out-use-of-private-prisons/ar-BB1d7hhp?ocid=uxbndlbing

The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1865 in the aftermath of the Civil War, abolished slavery in the United States. The 13th Amendment states: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

I promoted the '13th' in one of my COVID-19 threads; however, if you didn't see it then, I highly recommend it, in addition to 'Just Mercy'.

‘13th’ on Netflix and ‘Just Mercy’ on VOD is An Easy Double Feature For a Beginner’s Course on Systemic Racism

https://decider.com/2020/06/03/13th-netflix-ava-duvernay-just-mercy-vod-bryan-stevenson/#:~:text=13th,%20from%20director%20Ava%20DuVernay,%20is%20a%202016,on%20in%20the%20U.S.%20through%20the%20prison%20system.

I remember both; an excellent doccumentary and a gut wrenching movie.

And 1 person incarcerated in a private prison subjected to inequality and poor human rights oversight is 1 person too many.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

For those charged or incarcerated Fidelity Management and Research is the top stock holder, the top investment firm that is selling the bonds as investment securities. They pool them and sell them as mortgage backed securities. They also when they pool them, they sell them as mutual funds on the stock market. By pooling you mean the securities on the inmates. What they are doing is they are actually taking the mortgage backed securities, which are really bid bonds, performance bonds and payment bonds. They pool these bonds and when they pool them together they call them mortgage backed securities. They take these to TBA which is the Bond Market Association. It's an actual market for bonds. Anytime a bond is issued there has to be an underwriter. The bonds have to be underwritten. Bonds that are issued have to be indemnified so there has to be surety (spelling?) to indemnify the bonds. The brokerage houses and the insurance companies indemnify the bonds. They're called surety companies
Each prisoner or anyone charged with a crime has a CUSIP number with the CUSIP number Fidelity is allowed to use it to create bonds
To "get out" of jail file a bid bond along with a performance bond you will be accepting the charge you will be the guarantor and your Upper case person the guarantee
You will fulfill your obligation for the amount required for your charge
They don't care about justice they only want money
This is why prisons have been privitised
This is also why there has been an increase in the number of those incarcerated

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14554

JohnnyBlaze said:

I remember both; an excellent doccumentary and a gut wrenching movie.

And 1 person incarcerated in a private prison subjected to inequality and poor human rights oversight is 1 person too many.

Agreed.

Valeriyabeyond said:[ . . . ]
They don't care about justice they only want money
This is why prisons have been privitised
This is also why there has been an increase in the number of those incarcerated

Agreed. This is why they need to be phased out completely.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

‘It’s a mess’: Biden’s first 10 days dominated by vaccine mysteries

Joe Biden promised he’d bring in a competent, tested team to run the pandemic response, set ambitious vaccination targets and impose strict public health guidelines.

His team arrived at the White House with a 200-page response plan ready to roll out. But instead, they have spent much of the last week trying to wrap their hands around the mushrooming crisis — a process officials acknowledge has been humbling, and triggered a concerted effort to temper expectations about how quickly they might get the nation back to normal.

After a week on the job, Biden’s team is still trying to locate upwards of 20 million vaccine doses that have been sent to states — a mystery that has hampered plans to speed up the national vaccination effort. They're searching for new ways to boost production of a vaccine stockpile that they've discovered is mostly empty. And they're nervously eyeing a series of new Covid-19 strains that threaten to derail the response.

“It’s the Mike Tyson quote: ‘Everybody’s got a plan until they get punched in the mouth,’” said one person with knowledge of the vaccine effort who’s not authorized to discuss the work. “They are planning. They are competent. It’s just the weight of everything when you sit down in that chair. It’s heavy.”

Biden officials leading the coronavirus response launched a series of regular briefings this week to keep the public informed on the state of the pandemic and government efforts to contain it and rush vaccines out to as many Americans as possible.

But the briefings were short on details. And behind the scenes, officials say, the team was still struggling to get a handle on basic information, liaise with the career government workers who have been running the response and build out a long-term strategy for bringing — and then keeping — the virus under control.

“One of the virtues of a well-run transition is that by the time you take the reins, you have developed some rapport and trust with the career people you’re working with,” the person familiar with the administration’s work said. The “courtship has been unnaturally short,” the person added.

“Nobody had a complete picture," said Julie Morita, a member of the Biden transition team and executive vice president at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. "The plans that were being made were being made with the assumption that more information would be available and be revealed once they got into the White House.”

[ . . . ]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/it-s-a-mess-biden-s-first-10-days-dominated-by-vaccine-mysteries/ar-BB1der5t?ocid=msedgntp

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

^ Hard to believe its been 10 days already; 90 to go.

I think the potential 1 dose vaccine by Johnson & Johnson awaiting approval will help simplify and speed up the process, somewhat easing the transition difficulties created by the previous administration.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

My niece ( a nurse ) and great neice ( nursing school ) just had their vaccines this week. So far they have not sprouted another head.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:My niece ( a nurse ) and great neice ( nursing school ) just had their vaccines this week. So far they have not sprouted another head.

Great news! And bless them for their contributions on the front lines in these stressful times. 🙏💜

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Ahavati said:My niece ( a nurse ) and great neice ( nursing school ) just had their vaccines this week. So far they have not sprouted another head.

Building a hedge of protection around these two lovelies
Thank them for us

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

runaway-mindtrain said:I have two family members that will not be able to afford insulin, now. Thanks to the piece of shit Jim Crow Biden and his liberal plantation workers. Are you going to address the medical rape by Biden on diabetics and his rising number of jobs eliminated in the first few days??? Probably not, since real world facts are ignored for identity politics and grievance group flim flam. Only racist think it matters that this woman is Navajo. Segregation of race and color is the mantra of leftist. It doesn't matter who your "group" is unless you plan on using that info for control while all being rationalized by critical race theory....aka racist theory.... Well it is the lynching party...I shouldn't be surprised. The fucking over of America continues

I , among many , love fucking over the lying republicans , such as you...

Though I do care for you brother...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Blackwolf said:

I , among many , love fucking over the lying republicans , such as you...

Though I do care for you brother...

Blackwolf, with all due respect. . .if I can ignore the trolls in my own thread, surely you can? I did request such. Anna has a misinformation thread that is perfect for negating lies ( although I have already negated him, twice ).

Let's please ignore the trolls moving forward, and focus ONLY on Biden's first 100 days please. The photo I posted above was applicable due to the topic at hand: the vaccine.

Thank you for understanding.

Johnny and Val: Thank you for your well-wishes for my niece and great-niece. I will convey them.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images
President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris meet with Republican Senators, lead by Sen. Susan Collins, alongside Sen. Lisa Murkowski, and Sen. Mitt Romney to discuss a coronavirus relief plan in the Oval office, Feb. 1, 2021.

White House argues COVID aid can be both big and bipartisan

This is Day 13 of the administration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

Biden meets with Republican senators on coronavirus relief plan

The 10 Republican senators meeting with Biden at the White House on COVID-19 relief are expected to speak to reporters immediately following the Oval Office meeting.

The group -- led by Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine -- includes Sens. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, Bill Cassidy, R-La., Mitt Romney, R-Utah, Rob Portman, R-Ohio, Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va., Todd Young, R-Ind., Jerry Moran, R-Kan., Mike Rounds, R-S.D., and Thom Tillis, R-N.C.

They unveiled the details of their COVID-19 relief proposal in a letter to the president on Sunday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/live-updates/biden-100-days-president-white-house/%3fid=75597849

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 758

What part is a lie?? Please do tell.. I am not surprised you dropped an ad hominem attack without addressing any facts I provided. I don't get my info from establishment media, for the same reason I don't drink from the toilet. The police state being set up to root out Biden opponents is typical for authoritarians. This was policy in Bolshevik Russia and Nazi Germany. Now Democrats are enlisting all government agencies to find Trump supporters and remove them. That is not a lie. It is quite clear and upheld by leftist media. I guess that is a part of the fucking over of Republicans you spoke of. The difference in me and you is that I would never support your speech being censored or your civil liberties removed because of your politics. But, I see everyone as Americans, while Democrats see only their agenda and how to "Fuck over" anyone that disagrees with them... Democrats did not talk that shit in the 80s and 90s but now, just like the rationale given to Hitler youth for their dogma, democrats have shifted back to their former slave master ways. All led by a segregationist in the white house....

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Here Are The Immigration Actions President Biden Plans To Sign

President Biden is set to sign a series of executive actions on Tuesday to begin to reunite migrant children separated from their parents after crossing the United States border, take steps to restore the asylum system, and review the Trump administration's changes for the legal immigration system.

The executive actions make clear that rolling back former President Donald Trump's hardline immigration measures won't happen overnight. In fact, more actions are almost certain to follow, officials told reporters on a preview call about the measures.

"It takes time to review everything, so we are starting with these right now, but that doesn't mean it's the end of it," one of the officials said.

Families Separated At Border Hope Biden Reunites Them, Bringing Deported Parents Back
NATIONAL
Families Separated At Border Hope Biden Reunites Them, Bringing Deported Parents Back
One of the actions creates a task force to find ways to reunite children in the U.S. with their parents, deported without them — a job made challenging by a lack of records. Details of how that will happen are still to be determined. The task force will make recommendations on how to do it, working with representatives of families and other stakeholders, officials said.

[ . . . ]

https://www.npr.org/sections/president-biden-takes-office/2021/02/02/962995562/here-are-the-immigration-actions-president-biden-plans-to-sign

Go to page:
Go to: