Go to page:

President Biden First 100 Days

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:Statement from President Biden and Vice President Harris on the 48th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade

The Biden-Harris Administration is committed to codifying Roe v. Wade and appointing judges that respect foundational precedents like Roe.  We are also committed to ensuring that we work to eliminate maternal and infant health disparities, increase access to contraception, and support families economically so that all parents can raise their families with dignity.  

###

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/01/22/statement-from-president-biden-and-vice-president-harris-on-the-48th-anniversary-of-roe-v-wade/

There is no racial equity in abortion.

Black women are having abortions as birth control at 5 times the rate of white women. They don’t want to resort to these abortions.

Black girls are more likely to be trafficked and forced to abort by controlling pimps.

Choice only comes before birth. After that, we are just talking about how the pregnancy ends, with violent death or a healthy outcome.

Violence as non-medical elective “choice” should not be a job for doctors.

Additionally, they would be having more children naturally than white women. The black population of America would be bigger by far without it.

Systemic racism in abortion is therefore the #1 cause of death and population reduction for us to worry about.

By making it elective we allow abortion based on bigotry.

I pray they(Harris Administration) don’t cause anymore babies to die.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

hoo boy

oh man oh man oh man
don’t do it anna
🎣

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14263

anna_grin said:hoo boy

oh man oh man oh man
don’t do it anna
🎣

Thank you. xo

Biden's 1st 100 days live updates: House to deliver article against Trump to Senate

The impeachment trial is slated to start the week of Feb. 8.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-updates/biden-100-days-president-white-house/?id=75460011&cid=clicksource_4380645_8_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Biden to lift ban on transgender people serving in military

Multiple people familiar with the matter confirm that Biden will sign an executive order that will lift the Pentagon’s ban on transgender people serving in the military on Monday.

That was the controversial ban put in place by former President Donald Trump in 2017 that reversed the Obama administration’s policy to allow open service by transgender people.

Newly-confirmed Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin -- the first Black Pentagon chief -- will be on hand at the White House ceremony Monday where the executive order will be signed.

Biden’s public schedule also includes an afternoon signing of an executive order related to American manufacturing and American workers -- fulfilling a long-time campaign promise to increase the amount of federal spending that goes to American companies. White House press secretary Jen Psaki is also scheduled to brief reporters at 1 p.m.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-updates/biden-100-days-president-white-house/?id=75460011&cid=clicksource_4380645_8_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

Thank you. xo

Biden's 1st 100 days live updates: House to deliver article against Trump to Senate

The impeachment trial is slated to start the week of Feb. 8.

🥳🥳🥳🥳

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Biden moving forward with placing Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill

The Trump administration said in 2019 that the new bill would be delayed for years because of technical issues.

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden will move forward with a plan announced five years ago and stalled by the Trump administration to place abolitionist Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill.

"The Treasury Department is taking steps to resume efforts to put Harriet Tubman on the front of the new $20 notes," said White House press secretary Jen Psaki. She said it is important that the country’s money "reflect the history and diversity of our country, and Harriet Tubman’s image gracing the new $20 note would certainly reflect that."

The Obama administration announced in 2016 that it would be placing Tubman on the bill, replacing Andrew Jackson. But the Trump administration said in 2019 that the change would be delayed until at least 2028 because of technical issues. Psaki said the White House is "exploring ways to speed up that effort."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-moving-forward-placing-harriet-tubman-20-bill-n1255566

In 2019 there was an outcry over President Trump backpeddled on a decision to place Tubman on the $20.00 bill:

'People other than white men built this country': Outrage as Trump administration announces Harriet Tubman will NOT appear on the $20 bill as planned until after 2020, after Trump called ditching Andrew Jackson 'political correctness'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7060537/Harriet-Tubman-not-appear-20-bill-2020.html

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 752

Democrats seem to be in a tizzie, now. White Democrats have not been this upset since we took away their goddamn slaves....Now like their Jim Crow Nazi forbearers, they wage war on U.S citizens with media, FBI, and all loyalist factions...Neo liberals bring operative Fascism to America while claiming to fight such...

The World Watches While the US Elite Wages War on America https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/the-world-watches-while-the-us-elite-wages-war-on-america_3669272.html

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 752

California, New York and The city of Chicago announce plans to reopen. After 17 trillion dollars in mainly small business lost...Now when Covid numbers are appearently going up, they see the NEED to open up. If it was EVER about a virus they would stay closed. It was, as the whole world sees, to destroy the economy, push mail in ballots, and disinformation because of the election. Trump had to be cheated and American people kneecapped for this former slave owning party to regain power. Looks like White Democrats got their mental slaves back. They own distribution of information to the masses..But they don't own my mind...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I have never understood WHY there hasn't been one all along!

White House commits to sign language interpreter at every press briefing

White House press secretary Jen Psaki has just announced that an American Sign Language interpreter will be a regular fixture at daily press briefings during the Biden administration, marking the first time a sign language interpreter will participate on a daily basis.

“The president is committed to building an America that is more inclusive, more just and more accessible for every American, including Americans with disabilities and their families,” she said in the announcement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/535723-white-house-commits-to-sign-language-interpreter-at-every-press

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:I have never understood WHY there hasn't been one all along!

White House commits to sign language interpreter at every press briefing

White House press secretary Jen Psaki has just announced that an American Sign Language interpreter will be a regular fixture at daily press briefings during the Biden administration, marking the first time a sign language interpreter will participate on a daily basis.

“The president is committed to building an America that is more inclusive, more just and more accessible for every American, including Americans with disabilities and their families,” she said in the announcement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/535723-white-house-commits-to-sign-language-interpreter-at-every-press

Excellent! Long time overdue!

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1386

“Oh behalf of my composed intellect… I extend my sincere regrets for the adjournment or the imposition”

SKC  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Allow me to stop this now, please. This is not the thread for an abortion debate. This thread is for inauguration events as well as the first 100 days of Biden's actions in office.

SweetKittyCat: I appreciate your indepth response; however, this isn't a debate nor discussion thread. I posted President Biden & Vice President Harris' public statement about abortion, and Edible is attempting to make that statement debatable. It is not debatable. Thus, she is ( and has been ) ignored for intentionally and repeatedly attempting to derail this thread for her own personal reasons and bias.

I have requested she be ignored for those attempts.

I suggest you screen shot her response, then post that screenshot and your thoughtout response negating her claim to anna's *misinformation: fact check thread" here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11699/

Thank you for understanding and keeping this thread on topic.

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1386

Ahavati said:Allow me to stop this now, please. This is not the thread for an abortion debate. This thread is for inauguration events as well as the first 100 days of Biden's actions in office.

SweetKittyCat: I appreciate your indepth response; however, this isn't a debate nor discussion thread. I posted President Biden & Vice President Harris' public statement about abortion, and Edible is attempting to make that statement debatable. It is not debatable. Thus, she is ( and has been ) ignored for intentionally and repeatedly attempting to derail this thread for her own personal reasons and bias.

I have requested she be ignored for those attempts.

I suggest you screen shot her response, then post that screenshot and your thoughtout response negating her claim to anna's *misinformation: fact check thread" here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11699/

Thank you for understanding and keeping this thread on topic.

I totally understand ..and I respect everyone's wishes and views here on DUP and that is the beauty of the forums, to be collectable and considerate of each other's viewpoints, or opinions, however, at times the mind and heart refuse to ignore the bias of some people's warped sense of values, nonetheless, in the future, I shall adhere to your advice.. thank for understating in advance, and enjoy the remainder of your evening my poetess

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SweetKittyCat5 said:

I totally understand ..and I respect everyone's wishes and views here on DUP and that is the beauty of the forums, to be collectable and considerate of each other's viewpoints, or opinions, however, at times the mind and heart refuse to ignore the bias of some people's warped sense of values, nonetheless, in the future, I shall adhere to your advice.. thank for understating in advance, and enjoy the remainder of your evening my poetess

Thank you for understanding. I appreciate your respect; it's more than I can say for others. Just keep in mind that someone's warped sense of values only has power if given attention.

I would respectfully request that you remove your poem ( as it is not applicable here in this thread ), and repost your response to edible in anna's misinformation thread. This is exactly why anna created it.

Thank you.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Letters from an American excerpt:

Biden hit the ground running. In the first three days of his presidency, he has taken 30 executive actions (these are orders, memoranda, and directives). Most of these are directed toward fighting the coronavirus pandemic, but he has also overturned some of Trump’s policies: he has stopped construction of the border wall, ended the Muslim travel ban, cancelled the Keystone XL pipeline, rejoined the Paris climate accord, and rejoined the World Health Organization. He also ended the ban on transgender soldiers in the military. These measures fulfill campaign promises and are widely popular.

Today, Biden also launched out in a new direction. He signed an executive order requiring the federal government to buy more of the things it needs here in the United States, rather than buying cheaper products overseas. The directive is a middle ground between protectionism and free trade. The plan is to protect the supply chains for goods the federal government sees as vital, thus bolstering manufacturing in crucial areas.

Recently, the United States has been more willing than other nations to buy foreign goods for government contracts in the interests of keeping federal costs down. This measure will increase costs, but will give that money to Americans. The president of the labor organization the AFL-CIO called the measure “a good first step in revitalizing U.S. manufacturing,” but the U.S. Chamber of Commerce said it would increase the costs of government procurement and was unlikely to create jobs. ~ Heather Cox Richardson

Here are two news links:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/535625-biden-to-sign-executive-order-reforming-buy-american-rules

Biden says latest executive order will rebuild 'backbone of America'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/535746-biden-says-latest-executive-order-will-rebuild-backbone-of-america?utm_source=thehill&utm_medium=widgets&utm_campaign=es_recommended_content

Go to page:
Go to: