Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9698

MadameLavender said:
Anyone can construct a throne, sit on it and call themselves king or queen, but it doesn't mean they actually are one.  

We shall see if this current "throne" is made of stone or sand.....

No; they can'tónot on the presidential throne, anyway. Unless you want to imply every former president's throne was constructed the same way. Because President Biden's 4.5-point victory margin is the second largest since 2000. The same is true of his margin of 7 million popular votes. And, of course, the 81 million votes Biden won is by far the most any presidential candidate has ever received.

The American people have spoken. Onward and upward from this hell-hole President Biden has inherited.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5254

Ahavati said:

No; they can'tónot on the presidential throne, anyway. Unless you want to imply every former president's throne was constructed the same way. Because President Biden's 4.5-point victory margin is the second largest since 2000. The same is true of his margin of 7 million popular votes. And, of course, the 81 million votes Biden won is by far the most any presidential candidate has ever received.

The American people have spoken. Onward and upward from this hell-hole President Biden has inherited.

So the fact that election laws were tempered with, last minute , and video proof of vote dumps and hostility toward poll watchers , doesn't bother you in the least ?  

And how about the increase in job loss / unemployment on day 1, with the signing away of the border wall and pipeline work ?  

Yes, the American people have spoken but only part of them were listened to .

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

So the fact that election laws were tempered with, last minute , and video proof of vote dumps and hostility toward poll watchers , doesn't bother you in the least ?  
[ . . . ]

Wow. You're really bitter about this, aren't you?

Four years ago my heart was broken because what I felt was a misogynistic narcissist was elected to the highest office in America. However, I did the mature thing and publicly congratulated him because. .  .America. I certainly didn't whine about it, or make falst accusations because my candidate lost.

The Universe just told me you are attempting the same thing that Edible is: to divert this postive thread about Biden's Inauguration and First 100 Days into a whining tea-party for a previous president. . . based on lack of evidence which couldn't even stand up in court under judges that previous president appointed himself.

For that you will be ignored just like any other participant in this thread who is attempting such tactics to whine and vent about.

Whether you like it or not, the President of the United States is Jospeh Biden. His Vice President is Kamala Harris. May they both live long and lead the American people into a brighter future from this hella darkness and loss. I cannot begin to imagine what all the empty chairs and beds must feel like to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, grandchildren, and so forth.  Wait, I can, I've lost two family members to COVID-19 and another cousin is disabled from it.

And there's not even a current federal plan for vaccine distribution because the former administration was too busy promoting false information which led to a capital seige, WHICH, btw, the National Guard was called in to protect Mitch McConnell and other republicans on that floor certifying votes for, you got it, President Biden.

Oh, we've seen the red flags, and kicked that color right out the door with a blue wave. You can sink or swim.

Have a great day. I know I am.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:
And how about the increase in job loss / unemployment on day 1, with the signing away of the border wall and pipeline work ?  

Now this is more like it, and along the lines of the thread. These are good questions. Let me research them and I'll get back with you.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5254

Ahavati said:

The Universe just told me

Maybe you should listen to the Creator and not the creation.

You have a good day too.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MadameLavender said:

Maybe you should listen to the Creator and not the creation.

You have a good day too.

They are one in the same. Now, back to the topic before it navigates from a bitter pill that can't seem to be swallowed to a futile religious debate.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2736

Ahavati said:

When all is said and done, we win. Period.

Cheaters never win.

https://youtu.be/19N43o2peOI

However, enjoy your new president. Heís as good as you can muster. 🤜🤛

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Now this is an amazing way to celebrate JB!🍰

Letís hear it for the most transparent criminal in office!👏👏👏👏😁

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Iím also very excited about Trumpís upcoming impeachment!!!

It will be so amusing! 🍰🍰

The hypocrisy will be on full display! 😆

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Austin confirmed as first Black defense secretary

Austin's nomination was approved despite concerns among Democrats and Republicans about appointing another recently retired general.

The Senate on Friday confirmed Lloyd Austin to be the new Defense secretary, making the retired Army general the first Black person to run the Pentagon.

Austin's nomination was approved in a 93-2 blowout despite concerns among Democrats and Republicans about appointing another recently retired general to lead the Defense Department.

[ . . . ]

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/22/lloyd-austin-first-black-defense-secretary-461312

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ossoff sworn in on Hebrew Bible from synagogue bombed by white supremacists in the 1950s

Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-Ga.) used a Hebrew Bible from a historic Atlanta synagogue active in the Civil Rights movement during his Senate swearing-in ceremony Wednesday afternoon, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The newly-seated senator told the newspaper that his use of a Hebrew Bible from the Hebrew Benevolent Congregation Temple was a nod to the southern Jewish community's ties to the civil rights movement. The bible was once owned by Rabbi Jacob Rothschild, who forged close ties with Black leaders including Martin Luther King Jr. during his time as leader of the synagogue. White supremacists bombed the Temple in 1958, though no one was injured.

Ossoff, who is Jewish, has pointed to his win as well as fellow Georgian Sen. Raphael Warnock's (D) win in Georgia's Senate runoff elections as evidence of Georgia's progress on the issue of racial equality. The senator earned his Bar Mitzvah at the Temple, according to the Journal-Constitution.

[ . . . ]

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

2 of Interiorís top attorneys will be Native

Hours after the swearing in of President Joe Biden, the U.S. Interior Department announced key members of the agency Wednesday. Two of those announcements include Native people who will work in the Office of the Solicitor, essentially performing the legal work for the agency.

Robert Anderson, Bois Forte Band of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe, has been named principal deputy solicitor, and Ann Marie Bledsoe Downes, Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, has been named deputy solicitor for Indian Affairs.

The solicitorís office has more than 430 attorneys and support staff who provide advice and legal services to the departmentís leadership, including the Interior secretary.

In December, Biden nominated Rep. Deb Haaland to lead the Interior Department. It is not yet known when her Senate confirmation process will begin.

[ . . . ]

https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/2-of-interior-s-top-attorneys-will-be-native-xcPsdj9920SR84ANiEpXcw

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Venezuelan Maduro shouldnít try to take credit... 🤦‍♀️

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

China celebrates!

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

MadameLavender said:

That was sad, but at least we see who is who, politically, now!

Iím excited today - because with the (Trump) impeachment trial coming, we can finally show the evidence, unlike how the courts used procedure not standing to avoid any presenting of the evidence. 😎👍

Go to page:
Go to: