Go to page:

Old Vinyl's and album covers (whatcha got)

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Oo.. Nice thread 💕
.. Will be back soon with a photo 😁

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Boston
& Bad Company (Run with the pack)

<3

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Umm said:Boston
& Bad Company (Run with the pack)

<3

Great stuff Umm. I remember both of those. 1976 releases. <3

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Umm said:Oo.. Nice thread 💕
.. Will be back soon with a photo 😁

Pleased you joined in, I wanted to create something non political.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

One thing I have noticed is that the artwork in the modern releases expands more with vinyl which makes me sway more towards it for albums that I adore.

I bought Florence and the machine’s album ‘ceremonials’ and ‘beneath the eeyrie’ by Pixies on vinyl and love that they’ve made the whole of the inside a beautiful art extension of the album. Something that wasn’t done even with the CD.

It’s just nice to see something old resurfacing through the wave of computer noise we currently have in the charts at the moment. 😂

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

one day, ill have the means to afford a record player, by which time they’ll have gone out of style again and back in style and finally just one of those things old people have, like a lazy Susan or a hostess trolley. following for the art

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

anna_grin said:one day, ill have the means to afford a record player, by which time they’ll have gone out of style again and back in style and finally just one of those things old people have, like a lazy Susan or a hostess trolley. following for the art

I got mine on a Facebook buy and sell group for free. There’s a lot of people giving them away if you do a little digging. I too am frugal AF when it comes to spending money.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Northern_Soul said:

I got mine on a Facebook buy and sell group for free. There’s a lot of people giving them away if you do a little digging. I too am frugal AF when it comes to spending money.

actually, that’s brilliant. I’ve only ever seen either really expensive or really cheap kind of bad looking ones. ill keep it in mind for when I’ve actually got space, as well as money x

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Northern_Soul said:One thing I have noticed is that the artwork in the modern releases expands more with vinyl which makes me sway more towards it for albums that I adore.

I bought Florence and the machine’s album ‘ceremonials’ and ‘beneath the eeyrie’ by Pixies on vinyl and love that they’ve made the whole of the inside a beautiful art extension of the album. Something that wasn’t done even with the CD.

It’s just nice to see something old resurfacing through the wave of computer noise we currently have in the charts at the moment. 😂

anna_grin said:one day, ill have the means to afford a record player, by which time they’ll have gone out of style again and back in style and finally just one of those things old people have, like a lazy Susan or a hostess trolley. following for the art

Definitely make this thread about the artwork also. I would love to see the artwork on those albums Missy. I will change the OP to add this.

I bought a record player dirt cheap, I can't remember where, I couldn't afford anything fancy.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Venus in Furs, my favourite track.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Magdalena said:

Definitely make this thread about the artwork also. I would love to see the artwork on those albums Missy. I will change the OP to add this.

I’ll post in a bit when I dig them out.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: