Go to page:

Old Vinyl's and album covers (whatcha got)

poet Anonymous

I've always loved music since I was a child and was wondering how many of you still have old vinyl records. I have a collection of them from my younger years.
Please share here if you have any. I will start with My Roxy Music collection.

Also share any album cover artwork that's out there.

Roxy Music "For Your Pleasure" was an album released in 1973. It was the second album for Roxy music. I bought mine in the early 80's.

"Country Life" was their 4th album, released in 1974. I also bought that one in the early 80's.

"Siren was their 5th album released in 1975, again, I bought it in the early 80's.

"Flesh and Blood" was their 7th album, bought early 80's.

"Avalon" was their 8th and final studio album, released in 1982 and the last album of theirs I purchased.

My boyfriend and I were hooked on Roxy Music, but sadly he passed away in 1981, I bought Avalon and never felt the desire to buy any more after that. I carried on playing them for a few years and the pain I felt back then has now gone and is only filled with fond memories.

poet Anonymous

Roxy Music "For Your Pleasure"  inside of the cover.

poet Anonymous

Roxy music "Viva" released in 1976. Inside of the cover.

poet Anonymous

David Bowie "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" was Bowies 5th studio album, released in 1972. I think I purchased it in the late 70's.

"The best of Bowie" released in 1980, I think I bought it not long after it's release.

poet Anonymous

Back of the covers.

poet Anonymous

Earth Wind and Fire  "All 'n All" was released in 1977 and was from my early clubbing/disco days.

This is the inside of the cover.

poet Anonymous

Front cover with a bit of graffiti of where I used to live many years ago.

poet Anonymous

OMD "Architecture & Morality was released in 1981. I can't remember when I bought it, but I have always and still do have an eclectic taste in music.

poet Anonymous

Elton John "Too Low for Zero" released in 1983, with some great tracks. I think I bought this middle to late 80's.

poet Anonymous

Barry Biggs album "Mr Biggs" My brother bought this for me when I was young because I used to always be singing "Sideshow" sadly my brother passed away and I will never part with this album. I have so many fond memories of our childhood days. I will always remember the good ole days and good stuff.

Strangely, years later I married a Mr Biggs, divorced him too.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 795

I’ve only recently (last few years) got into vinyl. I was curious how some of my favourites sounded in their origin and then got a bit hooked on it.

I think my vinyl faves at the moment is the Dire Straits album “brothers in arms”. Closely followed by the Zeppelin and Hendrix I have in my modest collection. Oh and Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.” Kate Bush too. Spine tingling.

Probably since living here, I’ve got into Northern Soul and the history of that. I have to say it sounds phenomenal on vinyl. The little that I have.

I love the bones of David Bowie so I’m so pleased to see you posting him. And so close to his death day too. Get back in there tear.

poet Anonymous

Northern_Soul said:I’ve only recently (last few years) got into vinyl. I was curious how some of my favourites sounded in their origin and then got a bit hooked on it.

I think my vinyl faves at the moment is the Dire Straits album “brothers in arms”. Closely followed by the Zeppelin and Hendrix I have in my modest collection. Oh and Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.” Kate Bush too. Spine tingling.

Probably since living here, I’ve got into Northern Soul and the history of that. I have to say it sounds phenomenal on vinyl. The little that I have.

I love the bones of David Bowie so I’m so pleased to see you posting him. And so close to his death day too. Get back in there tear.

It's great to see them back Missy.  I have so many. I have a bundle of 12inch vinyl's and a box full of 7 inch from childhood and upwards, I even have Bay City Roller vinyl albums (my brother also bought me those) can you imagine a Hells Angel going into a record shop and buying the Bay City Rollers

My son who lives with me asked me if I would buy a turntable a few years back and he now has his own little collection of vinyl albums.

Bowie will always be a legend for me.  I love all of the ones you've named.  

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 795

My Father In Law has an absoloutly mind boggling vinyl collection. I must admit I do enjoy shuffling through it sometimes not just for the music, but for the artwork also. I think vinyl kinda teaches us that music is a real event, and it’s sadly something that we have forgotten in the age of streaming.

poet Anonymous

Northern_Soul said:My Father In Law has an absoloutly mind boggling vinyl collection. I must admit I do enjoy shuffling through it sometimes not just for the music, but for the artwork also. I think vinyl kinda teaches us that music is a real event, and it’s sadly something that we have forgotten in the age of streaming.

Absolutely agree.

I used to have this vinyl album also from my younger years, but it disappeared. I still have the 7inch vinyl of their song "Smash it up"

Go to page:
Go to: