Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9772

Valeriyabeyond said:

I wish you well
Sounds like you live in my home state of AZ
The state where essential workers (grocery  and convenience store clerks) don't wear masks

Which is why Arizona is still a virus hotspot. Nice to know it's receiving some direct relief. Didn't the WSJ report back in September Arizona was beginning to curb the outbreak? Wonder if refusal to wear masks has anything to do with it remaining a hotspot four months later. 🚫😷

https://www-directrelief-org.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.directrelief.org/2021/01/covid-19-medical-support-reaches-u-s-hotspots-including-arizona-and-california/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16107278469415&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.directrelief.org%2F2021%2F01%2Fcovid-19-medical-support-reaches-u-s-hotspots-including-arizona-and-california%2F

fiveamtuesday
fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 243

lepperochan said:

So, long story short you have asthma and dont like anti-vaccers. more than that, you dont think the site should allow opinions which clash with yours on the subject

and you think anti-vaccers are the 'entitled assholes"

see how you feel in 2 years ?

I don't think vaccines should be a matter of opinions. They are proven to save more lives than harm, and people with the luxury to refuse vaccination, and I'll add the caveat don't have a legitimate reason to do so, put real people's lives at risk.

I'll say it again, it's selfish and they are entitled assholes.

fiveamtuesday
fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
Joined 11th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

Ducey didn't do anything meaningful because he wanted to stay in Donald Trump's good graces.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13997

Not sure you understand how the  vaccines work. you dont save anyone else's life by taking it only your own, so dunno how you get selfish

you made a choice. thats fair enough, could have been the right choice given your underlying. doesn't make you Jesus. or make what you say Gospel. makes you a guy who was frightened

dont try sit on a high horse about it.  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

fiveamtuesday said:

Ducey didn't do anything meaningful because he wanted to stay in Donald Trump's good graces.

Thanking goodness we had a democratic governor ( who was re-elected ).

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2523

fiveamtuesday said:

Ducey is his own self made suck up yes man no need to blame that on anyone else

fiveamtuesday
fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
Joined 11th Mar 2013

lepperochan said:Not sure you understand how the  vaccines work. you dont save anyone else's life by taking it only your own, so dunno how you get selfish

you made a choice. thats fair enough, could have been the right choice given your underlying. doesn't make you Jesus. or make what you say Gospel. makes you a guy who was frightened

dont try sit on a high horse about it.  

Even if the COVID vaccine doesnít reduce infection itself (not enough data) reducing symptoms reduces spread. If youíre coughing and sneezing less, if your body isnít collecting excess mucus to excrete it, reduces vectors of potential infection.

We know that COVID's primary method of spread is through being aerosolized. Fewer symptoms fewer spread.

Sorry if my concern about public health annoys you.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

fiveamtuesday said:

Even if the COVID vaccine doesnít reduce infection itself (not enough data) reducing symptoms reduces spread. If youíre coughing and sneezing less, if your body isnít collecting excess mucus to excrete it, reduces vectors of potential infection.

We know that COVID's primary method of spread is through being aerosolized. Fewer symptoms fewer spread.

Ok, so you haven't been keeping up. I'll help you, this new variant The UK variant spread through hand washes and mandatory masks. so we THOUGT we knew wearing madkes would help stop the spread

Evidently it didnt. so theres something we thought we knew but didnt

The vaccines do no help stop the spread. that's not how they work either

sorry if public health confuses you  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Erm, vaccines do indeed help stop the spread of disease; that's a documented fact. Vaccines have all but wiped out many childhood diesases which would still be rampant if it were not for vaccines curbing contraction, and thus contagion.

Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Covid vaccines do no stop the person from contracting and spreading Covid. That's a documented fact

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2523

fiveamtuesday said:

It's not your public health concern that's annoying it's your righteous
(I got the vaccine) attitude .

You come across as the wiser one, more conscious minded,  and more responsible than someone who chooses to not get the vaccine

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Covid vaccines do no stop the person from contracting and spreading Covid. That's a documented fact

Well that's not what you said:

lepperochan said:Not sure you understand how the  vaccines work. you dont save anyone else's life by taking it only your own, so dunno how you get selfish

[ . . . ]

Vaccines save lives; not just your own, but others as well.

As far as COVID-19, we don't know enough either way.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

We know they dont stop a person contracting and spreading it. we know that. we now know weasringva mask doesn't really stop the spread either. masks have been mandatory for months now, the UK variant musn't have got that particular

Edit

true. We dont know enough. Is t that the cusp of the problem.

I have no care who take the vaccine or not. do it, dont do it. not gonna look at anyone different either way

fiveamtuesday
fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
Joined 11th Mar 2013

Valeriyabeyond said:

It's not your public health concern that's annoying it's your righteous
(I got the vaccine) attitude .

You come across as the wiser one, more conscious minded,  and more responsible than someone who chooses to not get the vaccine

Because public spaces is a shared space by the whole community, and I believe that it's our responsibility living in a society to try and look out for one another whenever we can.

I'm not going to say I'm trying to be 'wiser' because I'm trying to convey the relevant and widely available information, but yeah I feel like I'm taking as much precautions as I can because I have to be CONSCIOUS of the threats and risks posed by the pandemic, and am trying to be as RESPONSIBLE as I can not only for my own sake but for everyone else's around me.

I don't want it to be my fault that I get some stranger sick with a potentially life threatening illness, and I just wish that a sentiment like that wasn't wrapped in politics.

fiveamtuesday
fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
Joined 11th Mar 2013

lepperochan said:

The vaccines do no help stop the spread. that's not how they work either

I just explained how it can, if not directly then indirectly. At the very least you can't become more infectious after being vaccinated.

People will shovel unnecessary sugars and carbs into their body no problem. They'll smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol on the reg. They'll eat meat and dairy without ever realizing that they have trace amounts of feces all over them. We all already have microplastics all over us and in our bodies.

But a medically designed and curated vaccine with exact proportions of antigens produced in a sterilized lab that has to be rigorously approved through multiple layers of expert professionals is where people draw the line???

Blows my mind.

Go to page:
Go to: