Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2519

Andres__Castro said:So Ahavati,

Looks like Val didn't want to wait until after the inauguration to begin a discussion as you suggested
and Lep and Anna jumped in too. I believe JB expressed some interest after submitting a link.
All good! Why not?

What do we all make of this?

I'm going to post the guidelines again.

I heard from a marketing pro friend that if you want a response to a solicitation email you need to send it out
approximately 20 times before it is even read. Makes sense. Who cares? They've done research on this.

Here, I'm just trying to get the guidelines and some starter material out for the sake of
starting a discourse community with some common reference points for anyone who
wants to join in. It would be nice to have DUP Vets help get it started make this thread a  welcoming space for newcomers that have never participated in a thread.

Like I said, this will take some time to get rolling and obviously I am in no hurry.

Happy new year...or something like it.

Peace,
A

I took Ahavatis comment as her opinion
as mine was my opinion
I don't think either one of us gave two hoots about it either
We know each other well we disagree, we agree we accept, we love, and move on

To mention to her that I posted against her suggestion is playing the game we are not willing to play

And Lepp well he would be very happy to tell you to stick it up your Antifa

I agree with Ahavatis about there being so much going on in this country right now our focus is elsewhere

The Antifa debate may not interest anyone any more at this point
We all agree that Antifa uses violence to move their agenda
No one believes violence is the answer
What more do you want to know ?

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Valeriyabeyond said:

I took Ahavatis comment as her opinion
as mine was my opinion
I don't think either one of us gave two hoots about it either
We know each other well we disagree, we agree we accept, we love, and move on

To mention to her that I posted against her suggestion is playing the game we are not willing to play

And Lepp well he would be very happy to tell you to stick it up your Antifa

I agree with Ahavatis about there being so much going on in this country right now our focus is elsewhere

The Antifa debate may not interest anyone any more at this point
We all agree that Antifa uses violence to move their agenda
No one believes violence is the answer
What more do you want to know ?

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Dec 2020

Val,

Not sure why you're so angry: there is no game being played here.
Only a sincere interest in getting a conversation about ANTIFA started
sooner or later.

It's okay if you or any one else does not want to participate.

Peace,
A

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Dec 2020

Thread Introduction

“Off the cuff opinions are unstoppable but would prefer anything posted to be backed by highly and widely respected journalists and authors. For example: I would respect the BBC more than Fox News. I would respect the work of authors/journalists who have peer reviewed articles and books on Antifa over those who never did any scholarly work or appeared in major newspapers and magazines. Things pulled from YouTube, twitter, Facebook, does not do it for me. As far as I know ANTIFA has a long history and people who support it fall on a spectrum....a spectrum with a quickly growing number of 20 to 40 somethings...who happen to be out of work with narrowing prospects and choking student loans.”

Updated information leads.  Thank you for your links Ahavati, Johnny B, Dhyana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/

*********************************************************************************
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-andy-ngo-it-wasnt-antifa-at-the-capitol-riots
https://www.centerstreet.com/titles/andy-ngo/unmasked/9781549131981/
Background on info source:      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Background on info source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

**********************************************************************************
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/10/30/unmasking-antifa-in-new-book-experts-expose-ideology-tactics-and-fundraising-of-rapidly-growing-threat-to-american-security/

Background on info source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy
***********************************************************************************
Don’t really want to post a Joe Rogan Youtube video, but Eric Weinstein presents a model on far left (ANTIFA) and far right (PROUD BOYS) extremist groups that I see as a possible conversation starter for some who want to take this thread seriously. I see Rogan as a slightly left of center podcaster that appeals to a male adolescent to 45 demographic and Weinstein as an intellectual centrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fup7Fcs7UM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein

* I regret posting this Youtube video.  Trying to stay away from these and could have picked something much better with more
credible voices and experts on the topic.

* Added another info link on Andy Ngo above: he's not looking so good.

* And the Center For Security Policy's background and work does not look so hot either.

Looking forward.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020

Andres__Castro said:Val,

Not sure why you're so angry: there is no game being played here.
Only a sincere interest in getting a conversation about ANTIFA started
sooner or later.

It's okay if you or any one else does not want to participate.

Peace,
A

I'm not angry Andres
Let's call it a tactic instead of a game shall we
I appreciate and respect your effort here

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Dec 2020

Valeriyabeyond said:

Morning Val,

Was going to post a poem before going out, but just read your post and think responding to it more interesting.

" I'm not angry Andres
Let's call it a tactic instead of a game shall we
I appreciate and respect your effort here."

Funny: the words I saw on the page and tone used expressed
anger to me. Low grade anger, but anger nevertheless. Some
could read it as annoyance.

I found your use of the word "tactic" interesting too.

What "tactic" are you calling out.
I'm asking sincerely: would like to see what you see and it may help me in the long run.  I do have my blind spots, I'm sure.

Peace,
A

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Dec 2020

I'm wondering how long a post has to be to be entered. Testing. Testing, 1, 2, 3.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4535

Andres__Castro said:Johnny B.,

So I got you you: you are not interested in joining in a conversation
on the subject sooner or later.

No worries.

Peace,
A

Other than using credible information to clear up misconceptions about the movement, I don't see much to discuss.

If humans are enslaved, I'm all for trespassing and destruction of property to liberate them.

If they are being physically abused and tortured, non lethal violence is an appropriate response during the liberation - we have the technology and know how these days to accomplish such.

Violence and destruction of property in any other situation with the exceptions of self defense or thwarting genocides accomplishes nothing.

Persons identifying with ANTIFA and behaving like Trump supporters beating police officers ( to death ) should immediately turn themselves into authorities and seek mental therapy.

Also, I pray their balls magically fall off so they don't reproduce.

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 1017

Andres__Castro said:I'm wondering how long a post has to be to be entered. Testing. Testing, 1, 2, 3.

Sir, that 3 doesn’t need to be there.
Other than that off the wall opinion, things are going good.
Peace.
R

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2699

JohnnyBlaze said:

My purpose for submitting the link was to point out that ANTIFA is largely a non-issue in the United States,

The man that shot a Trump supporter crossing the street in Portland was “ANTIFA all the way” his words.

So then...

Don’t say ANTIFA or Trump-supporters stormed the capitol.

There’s no point in naming them when in fact it was military(unknown State) anarchists, ANTIFA, grifters, media, mentally ill people, BLM, regular Dems, and Trumpers all mixed together.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EdibleWords said:

The man that shot a Trump supporter crossing the street in Portland was “ANTIFA all the way” his words.

So then...

Don’t say ANTIFA or Trump-supporters stormed the capitol.

There’s no point in naming them when in fact it was military(unknown State) anarchists, ANTIFA, grifters, media, mentally ill people, BLM, regular Dems, and Trumpers all mixed together.

It was mostly disgruntled to mentally ill Trump supporters.

My point was, ANTIFA would be more effective and better off not behaving like them.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

It was mostly disgruntled to mentally ill Trump supporters.

Isn’t it ableist to judge mentally ill people harshly? Especially those under lockdown-oppression?

My point was, ANTIFA would be more effective and better off not behaving like them.

Trump supporters would be better off obeying their president and remaining peaceful, lawful and non-violent. Anything less does not represent him or the party that stands with him.

Rather than acting like ANTIFA.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

EdibleWords said:

Isn’t it ableist to judge mentally ill people harshly? Especially those under lockdown-oppression?

Trump supporters would be better off obeying their president and remaining peaceful, lawful and non-violent. Anything less does not represent him or the party that stands with him.

Rather than acting like ANTIFA.

Not even Donald Trump could adhere to lockdown conditions. Don't make me squirt Coca Cola out of my nose at the thought of his supporters doing likewise.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

Not even Donald Trump could adhere to lockdown conditions. Don't make me squirt Coca Cola out of my nose at the thought of his supporters doing likewise.

I was talking about law and order, not unlawful orders.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020

Andres__Castro said:So Ahavati,

Looks like Val didn't want to wait until after the inauguration to begin a discussion as you suggested
and Lep and Anna jumped in too. I believe JB expressed some interest after submitting a link.
All good! Why not?

What do we all make of this?

I'm going to post the guidelines again.

I heard from a marketing pro friend that if you want a response to a solicitation email you need to send it out
approximately 20 times before it is even read. Makes sense. Who cares? They've done research on this.

Here, I'm just trying to get the guidelines and some starter material out for the sake of
starting a discourse community with some common reference points for anyone who
wants to join in. It would be nice to have DUP Vets help get it started make this thread a  welcoming space for newcomers that have never participated in a thread.

Like I said, this will take some time to get rolling and obviously I am in no hurry.

Happy new year...or something like it.

Peace,
A

This response to your question could have been sent PM but I decided to lay it out expose myself without shame
What the hell I have family here

Tactic- This comment says to me  that you know Ahavati is well spoken opinionated and does not shy away from an issue when it sparks her flame
She is thorough in her responses and someone a host would want on their thread

(I am) Val is someone who is run by her emotions reading over previous  posts on other threads is proof of this

I felt the comment was made (by you) to create oppositional dialogue in your thread or attempting to instigate a response

Not a big deal or even an issue with me it's a defense mechanism for me to seek out attempted bullseye's from darts i perceive to be thrown in my direction (real or fabricated in my own head)

As a victim of (hate that word)
As a person who has experienced narcissistic abuse (many years) I recognize the language used to incite a re action

Apologies to you if I am off base or somewhere in left field
To me it's home plate

Peace

Go to page:
Go to: