Go to page:

Who/what/where/why is ANTIFA?

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100


Thread Introduction

“Off the cuff opinions are unstoppable but would prefer anything posted to be backed by highly and widely respected journalists and authors. For example: I would respect the BBC more than Fox News. I would respect the work of authors/journalists who have peer reviewed articles and books on Antifa over those who never did any scholarly work or appeared in major newspapers and magazines. Things pulled from YouTube, twitter, Facebook, does not do it for me. As far as I know ANTIFA has a long history and people who support it fall on a spectrum....a spectrum with a quickly growing number of 20 to 40 somethings...who happen to be out of work with narrowing prospects and choking student loans.”



Updated information leads.  Thank you for your links Ahavati, Johnny B, Dhyana.

****************************************************************************

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/

*********************************************************************************
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-andy-ngo-it-wasnt-antifa-at-the-capitol-riots
https://www.centerstreet.com/titles/andy-ngo/unmasked/9781549131981/
Background on info source:      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Background on info source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

**********************************************************************************
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/10/30/unmasking-antifa-in-new-book-experts-expose-ideology-tactics-and-fundraising-of-rapidly-growing-threat-to-american-security/

Background on info source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy
***********************************************************************************
Don’t really want to post a Joe Rogan Youtube video, but Eric Weinstein presents a model on far left (ANTIFA) and far right (PROUD BOYS) extremist groups that I see as a possible conversation starter for some who want to take this thread seriously. I see Rogan as a slightly left of center podcaster that appeals to a male adolescent to 45 demographic and Weinstein as an intellectual centrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fup7Fcs7UM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein

* I regret posting this Youtube video.  Trying to stay away from these and could have picked something much better with more
credible voices and experts on the topic.

* Added another info link on Andy Ngo above: he's not looking so good.

* And the Center For Security Policy's background and work does not look so hot either.
******************************************************************************

Looking forward.

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

JB,

If you decide to help start a conversation on this topic please give me a shout out on this thread
to help encourage others.

Like I wrote above: it will probably take some time to get going.

Peace,
A

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9772

Just keep in mind, Andres, that we have a very tenuous situation and inauguration coming up this week. Tensions are very high right now, and much blame is being placed on ANTIFA for the capital seige. After-the-fact might be a better time to explore ANTIFA in more depth, and perhaps with a less biased opinion once those perpetrators who were arrested are convicted, and their true loyalties, be it to Trump, ANTIFA, BLM, or so forth, are exposed.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2526

Ahavati said:Just keep in mind, Andres, that we have a very tenuous situation and inauguration coming up this week. Tensions are very high right now, and much blame is being placed on ANTIFA for the capital seige. After-the-fact might be a better time to explore ANTIFA in more depth, and perhaps with a less biased opinion once those perpetrators who were arrested are convicted, and their true loyalties, be it to Trump, ANTIFA, BLM, or so forth, are exposed.

To dig into Antifa now in the midst of the turmoil would be beneficial to anyone's cause be it who they actually work for what is their objective at this time
They say they are unorganized yet they man together to destry whichever movement they choose

Sorry Andres no facts to back my ass up on this one

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13997

https://youtu.be/JMLwxU0M-Kk


This is Antifa


A freedom of speech march in Dublun last year. you can clearly see the black and red flags of Antifa. they came to protest a freedom of speech March.  ...let that sink in


probably wont find it in wikipedia. that's probably because wikipedia is the last place anyone with a brain will go try find out about stuff



Have a look at the video evidence. find your own. [ It'll tell you anything you need to know about the shower of complete wankers] post it


dont see one link from an Antifa site.

bunch of thugs.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9772

lepperochan said:https://youtu.be/JMLwxU0M-Kk

This is Antifa

A freedom of speech march in Dublun last year. you can clearly see the black and red flags of Antifa. they came to protest a freedom of speech March.  ...let that sink in

probably wont find it in wikipedia. that's probably because wikipedia is the last place anyone with a brain will go try find out about stuff

Have a look at the video evidence. find your own. [ It'll tell you anything you need to know about the shower of complete wankers] post it

dont see one link from an Antifa site.

bunch of thugs.



I'd personally like to know more about that rally. Who was holding the Free Speech Rally? Why were they holding a Free Speech rally? Does Ireland not already have Free Speech ( pardon the ignorance but I don't live there )? It's difficult for me to fathom why a group of individuals would hold a free speech rally unless a country didn't allow free speech. Therefore, by my reasoning, this rally was promoting free speech in regards to some issue?

I did see one group of ANTIFA flags and a banner standing together; however, I saw none in that particular section attempting to break through. On the contrary, those on up the line attempting to break through were carrying flags that the other side seemed to be carrying as well. Or they certainly appeared to be the same Irish flag?

I can guarantee you two things: if the KKK or Neo-Nazi's held a Free Speech rally to spread their poison about white supremacy, I would be on the other side protesting ( albeit peacefully and without an ANTIFA flag ). I lived that supremacy shit down in Mississippi, and hell, every moment I've lived in the U.S., along with every other U.S. citizen whether they realize it or not.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3124

edit sorry bit off topic but 🤷‍♀️

do yous remember when the American Irish tried to create an Irish language blue lives matter campaign

not realising that in Irish a black man is called a blue man (presumably due to him being cold as balls and looking more blue skinned)

funny shit, they made t shirts and everything

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9772

anna_grin said:do yous remember when the American Irish tried to create an Irish language blue lives matter campaign

not realising that in Irish a black man is called a blue man (presumably due to him being cold as balls and looking more blue skinned)

funny shit, they made t shirts and everything


OMFG!

Knowledge is our friend.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13997

you're right. The march was organized by The Irish Freedom party. an entity which when asked I refused to join (for obvious reasons)  

the march itself was organized to protest impending legislation which covered hate speech. while I'm not any kind of a fan of hate speech or racism I do see a point , that's to say theres no need to chip away at 'spoken' legislations


The rival march, was mostly organized by BLM anti racism etc. the violence, was perpetrated by Antifa not BLM as is the case in most cases


freedom of speech is all encompassing. either there is or there isn't. since I am a believer in the concept, I will defend it even if it turns my stomach

Antifa are thugs. Irish Freedom party are also thugs.

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

So Ahavati,

Looks like Val didn't want to wait until after the inauguration to begin a discussion as you suggested
and Lep and Anna jumped in too. I believe JB expressed some interest after submitting a link.
All good! Why not?

What do we all make of this?

I'm going to post the guidelines again.

I heard from a marketing pro friend that if you want a response to a solicitation email you need to send it out
approximately 20 times before it is even read. Makes sense. Who cares? They've done research on this.

Here, I'm just trying to get the guidelines and some starter material out for the sake of
starting a discourse community with some common reference points for anyone who
wants to join in. It would be nice to have DUP Vets help get it started make this thread a  welcoming space for newcomers that have never participated in a thread.

Like I said, this will take some time to get rolling and obviously I am in no hurry.

Happy new year...or something like it.

Peace,
A


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9772

Andres, firstly, it was a comment based on my own interests, not a suggestion to postpone any discussion. Actually, it was more of an observation, being there isn't an in-depth exchange going on, and you're making suggestions to others to initiate such a dialogue.

Secondly; I'm more focused on the federal investigation into the siege of the Capitol, as well as upcoming inauguration to delve into the links you've provided. I am sure others are as well. Or maybe they arent, and they're simply not interested. Or, maybe they're waiting for others to post so they'll have something to respond to, but have nothing to contribute to the actual topic.

I don't know.

I merely suggested you keep in mind what is going on in the U.S., and that some, such as myself, may be focused on other things they feel are more important at the moment.

Peace.

Andres__Castro said:So Ahavati,

Looks like Val didn't want to wait until after the inauguration to begin a discussion as you suggested
and Lep and Anna jumped in too. I believe JB expressed some interest after submitting a link.
All good! Why not?

What do we all make of this?

I'm going to post the guidelines again.

I heard from a marketing pro friend that if you want a response to a solicitation email you need to send it out
approximately 20 times before it is even read. Makes sense. Who cares? They've done research on this.

Here, I'm just trying to get the guidelines and some starter material out for the sake of
starting a discourse community with some common reference points for anyone who
wants to join in. It would be nice to have DUP Vets help get it started make this thread a  welcoming space for newcomers that have never participated in a thread.

Like I said, this will take some time to get rolling and obviously I am in no hurry.

Happy new year...or something like it.

Peace,
A


Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Ahavati said:Andres, firstly, it was a comment based on my own interests, not a suggestion to postpone any discussion. Actually, it was more of an observation, being there isn't an in-depth exchange going on, and you're making suggestions to others to initiate such a dialogue.

Secondly; I'm more focused on the federal investigation into the siege of the Capitol, as well as upcoming inauguration to delve into the links you've provided. I am sure others are as well. Or maybe they arent, and they're simply not interested. Or, maybe they're waiting for others to post so they'll have something to respond to, but have nothing to contribute to the actual topic.

I don't know.

I merely suggested you keep in mind what is going on in the U.S., and that some, such as myself, may be focused on other things they feel are more important at the moment.

Peace.


JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4632

Andres__Castro said:So Ahavati,

Looks like Val didn't want to wait until after the inauguration to begin a discussion as you suggested
and Lep and Anna jumped in too. I believe JB expressed some interest after submitting a link.
All good! Why not?

What do we all make of this?

I'm going to post the guidelines again.

I heard from a marketing pro friend that if you want a response to a solicitation email you need to send it out
approximately 20 times before it is even read. Makes sense. Who cares? They've done research on this.

Here, I'm just trying to get the guidelines and some starter material out for the sake of
starting a discourse community with some common reference points for anyone who
wants to join in. It would be nice to have DUP Vets help get it started make this thread a  welcoming space for newcomers that have never participated in a thread.

Like I said, this will take some time to get rolling and obviously I am in no hurry.

Happy new year...or something like it.

Peace,
A



My purpose for submitting the link was to point out that ANTIFA is largely a non-issue in the United States, though it is conveniently blamed by the Trump administration ( and thus Trump supporters ) for violence in piss poor attempts to conflate it with the Democratic Party.

So, should someone enter into the thread with similar accusations of such, my advice would be to not waste any time entertaining such.

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Ahavati,

I got you: clearly you can only speak for yourself.

I hear you affirming what I've been posting from the start
and should be self-evident by now: I'm working here and
there is no hurry for any one to do anything they are not
ready for given the times and what people are going
through.

Whenever you are ready to contribute to the conversation
please do.
Just give the thread another shout out.

Thanks for seriously playing.

Peace
Andres

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Johnny B.,

So I got you you: you are not interested in joining in a conversation
on the subject sooner or later.

No worries.

Peace,
A

Go to page:
Go to: