Go to page:

Who/what/where/why is ANTIFA?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 9707

Valeriyabeyond said:

the premise for my post was that violence and hate crime, hate speech behavior is arrogant and stems from bigotry
No matter the objective they are of the same seed

To represent anti-racist ideology with violence and exhibit behavior that is less than prudent you are robbing yourself of  your purpose .

Antifa has been birthed from bigotry the proof is in their actions
To stand along side black America in solidarity is a publicity stunt paid for by none other than the likes of Soros who is capatilizing on this so called movement to create discord

United we stand divided we fall is the motto for America in these times
The "powers" that be who control the masses have done nothing but separate the very fabric of America with lockdown and by supporting the rioting under the guise of a good cause Black Lives Matter

It's a farce penned by the farceur

The true warriors are those who still stand for America as a melting pot and those who believe in the Constitution
We believe in our right to pursue happiness in a peaceful way
Our rights to pursue our lives as we choose have been taken away from us through this pandemic
Which I believe is being used to tear us down and control us.



Val, I don't think anyone here on this board ( regardless of political ( or non ) affiliation ) condones violence of any kind, outside of justifiable defense.

The tenants of ANTIFA are to resist supremacy ( neo-nazi ). In that respect, the Native and African American's, as well as Jews, join them ( and even took violent measures against their oppressors ). That resistance was not born of arrogance nor bigotry in any way, but the utter DESIRE to be free and live equally in the *melting pot* of America.  

Unfortunately, ANTIFA, just as Feminism and various other groups, appears to have been infiltrated by Anarchists ( terrorists,  whatever you want to label them ) who promote violence at any cause. More unfortunate is that some of these organizations who have honorable intentions to thwart supremacy allow such members to corrupt their organization and ultimately goals. And, I agree with you whole-heartedly, that is when they negate their true purpose.

The only arrogant bigotry I see in America is white supremacy that stamped out our country's indigenous tribes, as well as imported indigenous from other countries to employ as slaves. This doesn't even include how women were treated as chattel and expected to submit and produce heirs.

White supremacy has poisoned this country as well as many other countries. It's infected with greed and stops at nothing to maintain power over *the melting pot*.  This includes devious, subverted attempts to destroy anyone who stands between them and what they desire to possess.

Your overall comment practically mirrors ones you initially made in the COVID-19 threads. Have we digressed due to the election results? I'm sensing some underlying resentment.

We agree on the non-violent resistance. Resistance being the term which should unite us.

I support ANY group who opposes the tenant of white supremacist control in a non-violent manner. I feel you do too. The question becomes. . .are there any outside of the mainstream that currently exist?

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Ahavati said:


Val, I don't think anyone here on this board ( regardless of political ( or non ) affiliation ) condones violence of any kind, outside of justifiable defense.

The tenants of ANTIFA are to resist supremacy ( neo-nazi ). In that respect, the Native and African American's, as well as Jews, join them ( and even took violent measures against their oppressors ). That resistance was not born of arrogance nor bigotry in any way, but the utter DESIRE to be free and live equally in the *melting pot* of America.  

Unfortunately, ANTIFA, just as Feminism and various other groups, appears to have been infiltrated by Anarchists ( terrorists,  whatever you want to label them ) who promote violence at any cause. More unfortunate is that some of these organizations who have honorable intentions to thwart supremacy allow such members to corrupt their organization and ultimately goals. And, I agree with you whole-heartedly, that is when they negate their true purpose.

The only arrogant bigotry I see in America is white supremacy that stamped out our country's indigenous tribes, as well as imported indigenous from other countries to employ as slaves. This doesn't even include how women were treated as chattel and expected to submit and produce heirs.

White supremacy has poisoned this country as well as many other countries. It's infected with greed and stops at nothing to maintain power over *the melting pot*.  This includes devious, subverted attempts to destroy anyone who stands between them and what they desire to possess.

Your overall comment practically mirrors ones you initially made in the COVID-19 threads. Have we digressed due to the election results? I'm sensing some underlying resentment.

We agree on the non-violent resistance. Resistance being the term which should unite us.

I support ANY group who opposes the tenant of white supremacist control in a non-violent manner. I feel you do too. The question becomes. . .are there any outside of the mainstream that currently exist?

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

I support ANY group who opposes the tenant of white supremacist control in a non-violent manner. I feel you do too. The question becomes. . .are there any outside of the mainstream that currently exist?


Great question: are BLM and ANTIFA mainstream yet?  

A throwaway question: Are the Republicans and Democrats mainstream yet?


Peace,
A
P.S. For anyone reading this: Please don't rush to answer. Do a little research first before posting if you decide to pursue this question further. Just a request, tho.  

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2737

Valeriyabeyond said:

To represent anti-racist ideology with violence and exhibit behavior that is less than prudent you are robbing yourself of  your purpose .




THIS!

~ It’s rumored that you’re related to MLK. 😉

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2522

EdibleWords said:


THIS!

~ It’s rumored that you’re related to MLK. 😉


👍

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100


Thread Introduction

“Off the cuff opinions are unstoppable but would prefer anything posted to be backed by highly and widely respected journalists and authors. For example: I would respect the BBC more than Fox News. I would respect the work of authors/journalists who have peer reviewed articles and books on Antifa over those who never did any scholarly work or appeared in major newspapers and magazines. Things pulled from YouTube, twitter, Facebook, does not do it for me. As far as I know ANTIFA has a long history and people who support it fall on a spectrum....a spectrum with a quickly growing number of 20 to 40 somethings...who happen to be out of work with narrowing prospects and choking student loans.”



Updated information leads.  Thank you for the your links, Ahavati, Johnny B, Dhyana.

****************************************************************************

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/

*********************************************************************************
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-andy-ngo-it-wasnt-antifa-at-the-capitol-riots
https://www.centerstreet.com/titles/andy-ngo/unmasked/9781549131981/
Background on info source:      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Background on info source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

**********************************************************************************
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/10/30/unmasking-antifa-in-new-book-experts-expose-ideology-tactics-and-fundraising-of-rapidly-growing-threat-to-american-security/

Background on info source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy
***********************************************************************************
Don’t really want to post a Joe Rogan Youtube video, but Eric Weinstein presents a model on far left (ANTIFA) and far right (PROUD BOYS) extremist groups that I see as a possible conversation starter for some who want to take this thread seriously. I see Rogan as a slightly left of center podcaster that appeals to an adolescent to 45 demographic and Weinstein as an intellectual centrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fup7Fcs7UM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein

* I regret posting this Youtube video.  Trying to stay away from these and could have picked something much better with more
credible voices and experts on the topic.

* Added another info link on Andy Ngo above: he's not looking so good.

* And the Center For Security Policy's background and work does not look so hot either.
******************************************************************************
*Looking forward.

Peace,
A

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2522

Andres__Castro said:Thread Introduction

“Off the cuff opinions are unstoppable but would prefer anything posted to be backed by highly and widely respected journalists and authors. For example: I would respect the BBC more than Fox News. I would respect the work of authors/journalists who have peer reviewed articles and books on Antifa over those who never did any scholarly work or appeared in major newspapers and magazines. Things pulled from YouTube, twitter, Facebook, does not do it for me. As far as I know ANTIFA has a long history and people who support it fall on a spectrum....a spectrum with a quickly growing number of 20 to 40 somethings...who happen to be out of work with narrowing prospects and choking student loans.”



Updated information leads.  Thank you for the your links, Ahavati, Johnny B, Dhyana.

****************************************************************************

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/

*********************************************************************************
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-andy-ngo-it-wasnt-antifa-at-the-capitol-riots
https://www.centerstreet.com/titles/andy-ngo/unmasked/9781549131981/
Background on info source:      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Background on info source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

**********************************************************************************
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/10/30/unmasking-antifa-in-new-book-experts-expose-ideology-tactics-and-fundraising-of-rapidly-growing-threat-to-american-security/

Background on info source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy
***********************************************************************************
Don’t really want to post a Joe Rogan Youtube video, but Eric Weinstein presents a model on far left (ANTIFA) and far right (PROUD BOYS) extremist groups that I see as a possible conversation starter for some who want to take this thread seriously. I see Rogan as a slightly left of center podcaster that appeals to an adolescent to 45 demographic and Weinstein as an intellectual centrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fup7Fcs7UM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein

* I regret posting this Youtube video.  Trying to stay away from these and could have picked something much better with more
credible voices and experts on the topic.

* Added another info link on Andy Ngo above: he's not looking so good.

* And the Center For Security Policy's background and work does not look so hot either.
******************************************************************************
*Looking forward.

Peace,
A


Appreciated the Joe Rogan clip I will refrain from commenting until I watch it again

Thugs....is all I will say right now
Accelerationalism


Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100


[b]Thread Introduction

“Off the cuff opinions are unstoppable but would prefer anything posted to be backed by highly and widely respected journalists and authors. For example: I would respect the BBC more than Fox News. I would respect the work of authors/journalists who have peer reviewed articles and books on Antifa over those who never did any scholarly work or appeared in major newspapers and magazines. Things pulled from YouTube, twitter, Facebook, does not do it for me. As far as I know ANTIFA has a long history and people who support it fall on a spectrum....a spectrum with a quickly growing number of 20 to 40 somethings...who happen to be out of work with narrowing prospects and choking student loans.”
[/b]


Updated information leads.  Thank you for your links Ahavati, Johnny B, Dhyana.

****************************************************************************

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/

*********************************************************************************
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-andy-ngo-it-wasnt-antifa-at-the-capitol-riots
https://www.centerstreet.com/titles/andy-ngo/unmasked/9781549131981/
Background on info source:      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

Background on info source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

**********************************************************************************
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/10/30/unmasking-antifa-in-new-book-experts-expose-ideology-tactics-and-fundraising-of-rapidly-growing-threat-to-american-security/

Background on info source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy
***********************************************************************************
Don’t really want to post a Joe Rogan Youtube video, but Eric Weinstein presents a model on far left (ANTIFA) and far right (PROUD BOYS) extremist groups that I see as a possible conversation starter for some who want to take this thread seriously. I see Rogan as a slightly left of center podcaster that appeals to a male adolescent to 45 demographic and Weinstein as an intellectual centrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fup7Fcs7UM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein

* I regret posting this Youtube video.  Trying to stay away from these and could have picked something much better with more
credible voices and experts on the topic.

* Added another info link on Andy Ngo above: he's not looking so good.

* And the Center For Security Policy's background and work does not look so hot either.
******************************************************************************

Looking forward.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1913

Terrorists.

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Taurek said:Terrorists.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3457

I do not agree with Taureck...

Yet I am watching you , Andres...

And documenting every bullshit move you are making ,
posting those who may disagree with you...

Which is the same type of bullshit , whether Republican
or Democrat , or otherwise , played out in political reality...

Be aware I am keeping very close record on your bullshit ,
regarding anyone who disagrees with you...

And will be posted widely on the web...

It is not that I truly disagree with you...

It is that you are someone who seeks
to shut down any disagreement...

You need to know...you are going to be outed...

Got it ?

( and go ahead and post this , because the web , will already know )

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Blackwolf said:I do not agree with Taureck...

Yet I am watching you , Andres...

And documenting every bullshit move you are making ,
posting those who may disagree with you...

Which is the same type of bullshit , whether Republican
or Democrat , or otherwise , played out in political reality...

Be aware I am keeping very close record on your bullshit ,
regarding anyone who disagrees with you...

And will be posted widely on the web...

It is not that I truly disagree with you...

It is that you are someone who seeks
to shut down any disagreement...

You need to know...you are going to be outed...

Got it ?

( and go ahead and post this , because the web , will already know )


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BW, you are making yourself and DUP look bad. Stop it. Get off this thread unless you can follow my lead, click on the links and read the material/see the video, THEN THINK and contribute something of value to the conversation. You should know better.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4597

Andres__Castro said:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BW, you are making yourself and DUP look bad. Stop it. Get off this thread unless you can follow my lead, click on the links and read the material/see the video, THEN THINK and contribute something of value to the conversation. You should know better.


In his defence, you appear to be quoting certain people without replying to them for a yet to be disclosed reason.

Moving forward, I would suggest only quoting a post when you are actually replying to it.

I would also suggest only reposting your growing list of resource links on every page ending with 5 or ZERO.

Otherwise you run the risk of boring everyone with all the repeated text. We are on page 4 almost 5 already and there has hardly been any discussion.

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Blackwolf said:I do not agree with Taureck...

Yet I am watching you , Andres...

And documenting every bullshit move you are making ,
posting those who may disagree with you...

Which is the same type of bullshit , whether Republican
or Democrat , or otherwise , played out in political reality...

Be aware I am keeping very close record on your bullshit ,
regarding anyone who disagrees with you...

And will be posted widely on the web...

It is not that I truly disagree with you...

It is that you are someone who seeks
to shut down any disagreement...

You need to know...you are going to be outed...

Got it ?

( and go ahead and post this , because the web , will already know )

Andres__Castro
Andres__Castro
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 100

Thanks for your feedback JB.

And for your ANTIFA wiki link. I think that coupled with the Rogan/Feinstein video are enough to sooner or later get a conversation going with a few who want to seriously pursue the topic of this thread. People are all over the place right now and many are stretched thin with many things on their minds. I suspect a serious deep dive into ANTIFA will only appeal to a select few. Are you really interested in spending time with this thread and subject?

Peace,
A

Go to page:
Go to: