Who/what/where/why is ANTIFA?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Andy Ngo is a journalist to follow if you're intersted in the dynamics of ANTIFA.

https://www.andy-ngo.com/

Andy Ngo is an independent journalist and photographer. He lives under threat for his reporting and expertise on American antifa and the militant far-left. He has testified before the U.S. Congress, appeared on countless television shows, radio programs, and podcasts, and his journalism has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Newsweek, Fox News, National Review, and more. Andy is currently the editor-at-large at The Post Millennial.

Expert Andy Ngo: It wasn’t antifa at the Capitol riots

Journalist Andy Ngo, who has become an expert on the violent anarchist group antifa, today dismissed claims by President Trump’s supporters that the group was behind the pro-Trump riots on Capitol Hill.

“The people occupying the Capitol building do not look like antifa people dressed in Trump gear or Trump costumes,” he said in an interview from England.

“I have seen no evidence that they are able to coordinate a mass infiltration on this scale before, so I’m really skeptical that they would have been able to do it here without any of that information leaking out,” he said.

Ngo has infiltrated antifa and Black Lives Matter camps in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington, and covered their violent actions in those cities last year. He has been brutally attacked by antifa and had his life threatened several times for reporting on the group, often vividly on Twitter.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-andy-ngo-it-wasnt-antifa-at-the-capitol-riots

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo

Book: https://www.centerstreet.com/titles/andy-ngo/unmasked/9781546059561/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

For various perspectives:

Unmasking Antifa: In new book, experts expose ideology, tactics and fundraising of rapidly growing threat to American security

The Center for Security Policy is proud to announce its newest monograph to address this question: Unmasking Antifa: Five Perspectives on a Growing Threat which provides a window into the history, ideology, tactics, fundraising, and international connections of this rapidly growing threat to American domestic security.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/10/30/unmasking-antifa-in-new-book-experts-expose-ideology-tactics-and-fundraising-of-rapidly-growing-threat-to-american-security/

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I have nothing of credibility to offer this thread other than the opinion that ANTIFA is the latest version of the Boogeyman, much like Islamofacists were during the Bush administration.

It is a blown out of proportion, portrayed out of context thing to scare people with ---- similar to the Qanon conspiracy, which was intentionally fabricated to appeal to the same crowd.

And now its existence has been validated, and life is being breathed into it, much like ISIS became a substantial threat after too much energy was invested into the concept of Islamofacism.

Yes, ISIS came along to fill the shoes of what was initially a Boogeyman.

It's only a matter of time until "an organized version" of ANTIFA emerges. Which will likely be populated with rightwing extremists, racists, Qanon believers, and still angry Trump supporters.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/&ved=2ahUKEwj7zZyk1ZTuAhWiPH0KHV9uDTwQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw23FDj7pZc5YHvqh3TLgw5h&ampcf=1

It's difficult to find real legitimate journalism (reporting) without bias
My examples show evidence of Trump hating biased attitudes barely a paragraph into the article

BBC is not as consistently biased as some of the others are FOX MSNBC CNN
All main stream media have an agenda which is to lead the people into their corner of programming
They target, program, and brainwash the listener (watcher) into believing and following their chosen or directed beliefs

Because someone is high profile well known a news celebrity if you will does not make them truthful, or factual
Research on fact checkers shows the direction one will go in order to get their facts checked
For example two people can witness the same incident and have two different views of the same situation depending on their perspective

If you control the human perception
You control the human

I look for new journalists someone who is not vested or affiliated with MSM they have no one to answer to
They are able to report truth without threat of losing their position within the network
On the other hand a free Lance journalist can also be pushing their own agenda along with a wagon loaf of bullshit

To feed on the news with an open mind is virtually impossible we may say we are looking at both sides but how can we when our bias may come from our core values
Implicitly stored making us who we are
It's impossible to see both sides and not judge without prejuidice which side we think is right

We ate either Republican or Democrat in this country
We may carry our choice into adulthood from our parents  or in my case shun the party that our parents supported

Perception affiliation

BRB with my examples

In the days leading up to the planned parade, a group called the Direct Action Alliance declared, “Fascists plan to march through the streets,” and warned, “Nazis will not march through Portland unopposed.” The alliance said it didn’t object to the Multnomah GOP itself, but to “fascists” who planned to infiltrate its ranks. Yet it also denounced marchers

__**with “Trump flags” and “red maga hats” who could “normalize support for an orange man who bragged about sexually harassing women and who is waging a war of hate, racism and prejudice.” ***

A second group, Oregon Students Empowered, created a Facebook page called “Shut down fascism! No nazis

Emphasis on Trump shows bias in this article

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Andres__Castro said:Ahavati, this quick follow-up is interesting too.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy

Hi, Andres. I am very aware Ngo is considered a conservative journalist ( though he refers to himself as central-right ).

I have no issue reading articles from either side. On the contrary; I need that to develop the contrast for my intuitional beliefs to align with truth for me. That may be the journalist in me, but I do look for centrist views. I felt Ngo's statements regarding the capital attack not being ANTIFA more or less disenfranchised him from a ultra-right conservative base who claims it was ANTIFA behind the attack.

If his statements are fair and unbiased, it appears his book ( which I have not read ) may be as well.

How else can you uncover truth without contrast? My father taught me that one needs to look at what both sides research to be guaranteed that truth will be found in the middle.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I've had my suspicions about her too.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Like the swastika, Antifa used to mean something completely different. now they're the hired bogeyman and fall guy of the highest bidder

Question is:  who bid highest the red or the blue

nothing is ever as it seems, is it

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

lepperochan said:Like the swastika, Antifa used to mean something completely different. now they're the hired bogeyman and fall guy of the highest bidder

Question is:  who bid highest the red or the blue

nothing is ever as it seems, is it

👍

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: