Should Donald Trump be removed from office now?

75.76% • 25 votes • Yes
24.24% • 8 votes • No
Total votes: 33
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Should Donald Trump be removed from office now?

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

anna_grin said:

and god is about to lose his favourite frisbee

Yes Anna he is

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Valeriyabeyond said:

Yes Anna he is

(if he hasn’t already)

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

People laugh at flat earth theory but then claim space itself is flat and go on about “dark matter” and the “cosmological axis of evil” - the advanced thinking just dazzles.

I hate the arrogance of it. I don’t buy that the earth is flat but I have about the same respect for them as I do for the flat-space folks and their ilk.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I feel cured of my interest in politics and world events.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

EdibleWords said:People laugh at flat earth theory but then claim space itself is flat and go on about “dark matter” and the “cosmological axis of evil” - the advanced thinking just dazzles.

I hate the arrogance of it. I don’t buy that the earth is flat but I have about the same respect for them as I do for the flat-space folks and their ilk.

People rightly laugh at the flat earth “theory”, which is at best a hypothesis, not a theory, and can be disproved in two ways just by looking at the earth around you with some very basic thinking.....how things appear as they approach from over the horizon, and the shape of the earths shadow on the moon during eclipses.

In regards to space being flat (or otherwise), this is not a reference to a physical shape, but rather refers to the expansion and contraction of the universe and what happens with these over time. It does not mean “flat” in a geometric sense. There a many ways we have demonstrated space is curved by mass, such as gravitational lensing, and the difference in time that occultation of inner solar takes to transit the sun (which is due to curvature also).

Dark matter is very simple to show also....you (meaning someone with sufficient time, intellect and training, so not actually “you) take a telescope and look for the amount of matter and spin velocity of a galaxy, make some rough approximations for how much mass there is in suns/planets/gas/dust, then back calculate the total gravitational attraction. What we reliably find is a maaaaaassive problem with the observations, which show there is a huge amount of mass missing to make the galaxies behave as they are by observation. They should literally be spinning apart using the same maths we use for a child spinning on a playground whirly thing. We don’t know what this “stuff” is, so we call it “dark matter”. We could have also called it “Greg” or “your fat arse”. It’s not dark, and it may well not be matter....it’s just a name, just like “flat” space is just a name for another difficult concept.

You have looked at the names of cosmological phenomena, and decided you know what the phenomena are just by the name, then, with that misunderstanding of some of the must careful and accurate scientific observations man has ever made, have decided to draw conclusions that negate both the science and the method.

The theory of general relativity, that these hypotheses spring from, is by many orders of magnitude, the most reliable and accurate scientific theory (and here I use the word correctly) that humans have ever put forth. It has predicted time dilation, allows for gps to help you know your location on a spinning globe moving at thousands of kilometres an hour, predicted blacks holes, neutron stars, gravitational lensing....the list is massive and ever growing.

This is not arrogance, this is the scientific method. If general relativity is disproved, it would be dropped in that instant. For almost 100 years it has however withstood all attempts to disprove or amend it, and continues to predict things we have not seen or expected without it, with amazing accuracy.

Your ignorance and decision to not try to understand a thing does not make that thing wrong.

Also, Fuck Trump....since this thread is for that.

Yes he should have been removed from office immediately.....democratic rule (not that the US has democratic rule!) cannot afford to abide attempts at power grabbing by violence.

This is how all republics have ended in history, and will one day be the end of the US’s as well....unless something worse happens.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

EdibleWords said:I feel cured of my interest in politics and world events.

You never had one. You just have a dopamine dependent brain that gets a hit from reading social media and bias-selected internet filler.

Someone who has an actual interest in politics will have enjoyed studying the history of it, the evolution of it, understands the contextual and historical vista of it, and is capable of reasoning, comparison and informed prediction.

You have demonstrated none of those things.

You haven’t lost interest, you have just tried to understand, and gotten confused, probably because you have no ability/skills/education in how to review the various types of information and their quality/relevance/agendas, or think critically.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

hemihead said:

People rightly laugh at the flat earth “theory”, which is at best a hypothesis, not a theory, and can be disproved in two ways just by looking at the earth around you with some very basic thinking.....how things appear as they approach from over the horizon, and the shape of the earths shadow on the moon during eclipses.

Actually, from a perspective of being on the earth, they’ve made some correct observations. Of course, they missed a few things, based on the curvature of space in the plane they are observing.

The minute you “rise” off the earth your relative position begins to reveal the curvature of space upon which the earth sits.

In regards to space being flat (or otherwise), this is not a reference to a physical shape, but rather refers to the expansion and contraction of the universe and what happens with these over time. It does not mean “flat” in a geometric sense.

Says you. Clearly we get magnifying effects from curvature in space. We use it to see far away celestial objects.

There a many ways we have demonstrated space is curved by mass, such as gravitational lensing, and the difference in time that occultation of inner solar takes to transit the sun (which is due to curvature also).

So you DO understand hyperbolic space. Your verbal hyperbole notwithstanding. No contradiction with my point exists.

Dark matter is very simple to show also....you (meaning someone with sufficient time, intellect and training, so not actually “you) take a telescope and look for the amount of matter and spin velocity of a galaxy, make some rough approximations for how much mass there is in suns/planets/gas/dust, then back calculate the total gravitational attraction. What we reliably find is a maaaaaassive problem with the observations, which show there is a huge amount of mass missing to make the galaxies behave as they are by observation. They should literally be spinning apart using the same maths we use for a child spinning on a playground whirly thing. We don’t know what this “stuff” is, so we call it “dark matter”. We could have also called it “Greg” or “your fat arse”. It’s not dark, and it may well not be matter....it’s just a name, just like “flat” space is just a name for another difficult concept.

DUH.

You have looked at the names of cosmological phenomena, and decided you know what the phenomena are just by the name,

WTF - NO

then, with that misunderstanding of some of the must careful and accurate scientific observations man has ever made, have decided to draw conclusions that negate both the science and the method.

Again....😆

Stop reading crap into what I said.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

hemi boiiiiii 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

hemihead said:

You never had one. You just have a dopamine dependent brain that gets a hit from reading social media and bias-selected internet filler.

You have a habit of projecting.

Someone who has an actual interest in politics will have enjoyed studying the history of it, the evolution of it, understands the contextual and historical vista of it, and is capable of reasoning, comparison and informed prediction.

Wow. Your intelligence is unparalleled! 🙄

You have demonstrated none of those things.

Fact check: false. (For people with reading skills, I reference my previous writings)

You haven’t lost interest, you have just tried to understand, and gotten confused, probably because you have no ability/skills/education in how to review the various types of information and their quality/relevance/agendas, or think critically.

Says the man who studied himself stupid.

I just want the best for my children, and I’m very much misinterpreted by a brainwashed fool.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

ah hemi its a shame no one warned you it’s like arguing with soup

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:ah hemi its a shame no one warned you it’s like arguing with soup

Oh, he’s gone a few rounds a time before... so he didn’t learn a thing. 😉

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

EdibleWords said:

Oh, he’s gone a few rounds a time before... so he didn’t learn a thing. 😉

alright alphabetti, no one likes you

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

"In many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious," wrote David Dunning in an article for Pacific Standard. "Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge."

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

hemihead said: "In many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious," wrote David Dunning in an article for Pacific Standard. "Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge."

Perfect description of yourself! 😎👍

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:

alright alphabetti, no one likes you

You know an awful lot... about no one... 🤔

Go to page:
Go to: