Should Donald Trump be removed from office now?

75.76% • 25 votes • Yes
24.24% • 8 votes • No
Total votes: 33
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Should Donald Trump be removed from office now?

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

Just curious about your opinions.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

The_Silly_Sibyl said:Just curious about your opinions.

Absolutely. As it stands, and because his former impeachment was blocked by the senate, he gets to draw a pension for the rest of his life after his term ends. He does not deserve a pension from the American people he attempted to usurp. He needs to face sedition charges for this instigated coup, as well as the other legal battles awaiting the expiration of his term.

He refused to address his followers until Sen. Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued a joint statement calling on the president to demand the protesters leave. “We are calling on President Trump to demand that all protestors leave the U.S. Capitol and Capitol Grounds immediately.” Truth be known, he was waiting to see which side might win ( as if his ever had a chance ).

I seriously doubt it will happen. Republicans are resigning to keep from invoking the 25th. Though to be fair, there are republicans who agree that he should be removed. Whether or not their actions align with their words is another matter.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

The_Silly_Sibyl said:Just curious about your opinions.

should he. I would have said yes definitely a couple of hours ago. he has since come out and read a script to the people

I think, since the republicans are politicians first they probably figure itll be best to distance themselves from Trump now give they'll have to ask the people to elect them in so.e years

I think, doing it  now at this late stage might lend itself too much to deepening the divide between 150 millions of people

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

To ask if a President that will leave office in a few weeks after only 4 years should be symbolically and vindictivly removed to please leftist spite WHILE leaving neo-cons and neo-liberals that are entrenched in decades and decades of corruption shows the true nature of congress and media. Which is "to eliminate the threat to the status quo by using bent and blackmailed politicians and media pundits to control the narrative and abuse power hidden from the rule of law...

Perhaps, we first impeach all within the spiderweb of military/ industrial/ congressional complex that are multi term...and thus multi corrupt

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015

You both raise very good points. I didn't realise that he can draw a pension and that confirms me in my belief that he should be ousted. He won't be, but even then I think he should still stand trial as a private citizen for incitement to violence and, honestly, treason. The man is unequivocally a traitor to the nation at this point, and I believe that people should be able to see that regardless of where they stand politically.

If you or I led an insurrection against our country's highest offices leading to the injury of police, intimidation of elected officials, and the deaths of four people, we'd be in the dock.

I will say this, though, the incident inspired me to write and share a political poem, which I almost never do The last time was for the toppling of a historical slaveowner's statue in England.

fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
3awards
Joined 11th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 257

Trump is literally the mini-me of Benito Mussolini, the only difference is that Mussolini had more supporters.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

The_Silly_Sibyl said:You both raise very good points. I didn't realise that he can draw a pension and that confirms me in my belief that he should be ousted. He won't be, but even then I think he should still stand trial as a private citizen for incitement to violence and, honestly, treason. The man is unequivocally a traitor to the nation at this point, and I believe that people should be able to see that regardless of where they stand politically.

If you or I led an insurrection against our country's highest offices leading to the injury of police, intimidation of elected officials, and the deaths of four people, we'd be in the dock.

I will say this, though, the incident inspired me to write and share a political poem, which I almost never do The last time was for the toppling of a historical slaveowner's statue in England.

The thought of him receiving $210,700 per year. Every year of his life. The minute he officially leaves office at noon on Inauguration Day makes me feel ill.

But this too shall pass because I refuse to allow it any head space.

Edited to add: I watched police hold a door open for those insurrectionists to leave the capital and it made my skin crawl. Had it been BLM storming the building, there would've been bloodshed all over the steps to that capital. But never mind that. It's just something I had to get out of me.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

The_Silly_Sibyl said:You both raise very good points. I didn't realise that he can draw a pension and that confirms me in my belief that he should be ousted. He won't be, but even then I think he should still stand trial as a private citizen for incitement to violence and, honestly, treason. The man is unequivocally a traitor to the nation at this point, and I believe that people should be able to see that regardless of where they stand politically.

Please link me the video showing the president calling for violence. You can't though because you never saw or heard such since he didn't and wouldn't call for that. Leftist media, of whom Trump is a threat stated such, I'm sure, though. As they have lied and manipulated the narrative for decades in this country. As far as slavery. Most all the cotton from the U.S  slave trade went directly to England, mainly Manchester for textile production. Good thing, Britain and America repented of the sin of slavery, abolishing it and spreading personal freedom around the world, which still almost completely owned slaves. Spreading truth between our nations is productive. Spreading main stream media lies about one of our sitting Presidents...is not....

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015

runaway-mindtrain said:

Please link me the video showing the president calling for violence. You can't though because you never saw or heard such since he didn't and wouldn't call for that. Leftist media, of whom Trump is a threat stated such, I'm sure, though. As they have lied and manipulated the narrative for decades in this country. As far as slavery. Most all the cotton from the U.S  slave trade went directly to England, mainly Manchester for textile production. Good thing, Britain and America repented of the sin of slavery, abolishing it and spreading personal freedom around the world, which still almost completely owned slaves. Spreading truth between our nations is productive. Spreading main stream media lies about one of our sitting Presidents...is not....

https://youtu.be/mh3cbd7niTQ

You don’t have to be saying “go in there and shoot them” to incite violence. For all that he said “peacefully and patriotically”, he incited a crowd to march on the capitol during the democratic process and pressure elected senators to overturn a democratic vote. That’s a coup. You must realise the enormity of that. It’s not a right/left thing. If Obama or any left-wing politician had done that he’d be just as treasonous.

Maybe Trump was too stupid to realise that encouraging angry and deluded people to do this would lead to violence. But even then, that’s not good enough. He still tried to disrupt the democratic process, and his imbecility and irresponsibility, in that case, would still make him a dangerous incumbent of the office.

fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
3awards
Joined 11th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 257

runaway-mindtrain said:

Here's a video of Trump's most trusted legal advisor telling his supporters to have trial by combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5FfcbpVLNo

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

There has started a guaranteed process to remove Trump from office.
The procedure will take about 12 days.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

lepperochan said:
I think, doing it  now at this late stage might lend itself too much to deepening the divide between 150 millions of people

F*** the 75,000,000 idiots...

Get him out now...

Get his finger off the trigger of nuclear codes...

Smash him...

And arrest every one of those , and prosecute
them to the maximum , of those who invaded
the Congress...may they perish miserably...

( My Opinion )

And I have NO FEAR in posting it...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I think its great that you've no fear. "fuck the 75 million idots"  is probaby gonna make your dick fall off  ...jokes

isn't that tbe crux of where the US is now in terms of divided and conquered. so Trump goes, and he will be gone in what 12 days ?

still have the massive problem of scores of millions of americans (between democrats and republicans) who are won over by memes and soundbites. so, who is going to claim them people next. what if an actual politician picks the strings up and starts puppeting.

thete seems to be no let up in the rethoric of fuck him and fuck his followers (rightly or wrongly) so the nation will be divided for some time to  come

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I would rather not be divided , Lep...

Yet we have come to a time in this country ,
where we have to stand up and stand up
for what we believe in...

This is the second revolution...

And I , as well as many , shall not let idiots ,
programmed by false information by Oann ,
Q anon , Newsmaxx , or any other insane
sites , let alone mouth to mouth , overtake
our government ( and I am not a huge pro
government person ) , yet this is a time I shall
stand , and face the madness , both now , and
the next so said coming regime , and fight to
destroy them , which some know is possible ,
until there are so few of them left , to believe
in the lies and craziness , they will shut up and hide...

And that...at least for a long time...will be a good thing...

And then , I might be gone...

Yet I shall pray , those after me , shall continue the good fight ,
until one day , peace may come...( if only )

Remember , Ireland , had many years of problems , and you
can speak of the truth of that , and if it still does...

There comes a time we must stand strong...

I am now ready , and more than able...;)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I dont see much of a comparison with Ireland. unless you're thinking about partitioning the US into Republican and Democrat territories. also, Ireland, or at least a percentage of her people were at war with the occupying British army

It took a lot of hard decisions, hard work, tolerance, understanding, and leadership to work out a peace accord, which is still holding together

I wonder how you think that would have went if the people who negotiated the peace had the attitude that is very prevalent in yours and millions of other people

Go to page:
Go to: