Go to page:

Vintage book covers

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

JohnnyBlaze said:

Well, slap me thrice and hand me to my momma ....

It's been sitting on my bookshelf for at least 15 years, though I haven't read it yet.

OMG! You should!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:

OMG! You should!

I certainly will now after that lil nudge by the Universe.

poet Anonymous

I just discovered this cover on my shelf. It's an ace double, the other side is a book by one of my favorites, Barrington J..Bailey. Never paid attention to this side of it though. Dig the antique computer chips on the cover. Also, the jacket copy sounds....topical?

poet Anonymous

And here's one to send chills up your spine, so terrifying is it. Never read it, was compelled to find it and buy it on the internet after seeing an image online.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

And of course

poet Anonymous

Really love the cover of thee bodice-ripper, Sil.S.

Now if ever there were a genre of book & cover to live within, i say it will be this one...!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

My copy isn’t fit for picture day.
This is hands down the best historical fiction novel I’ve read. At over 1300 pages it’s not for the faint of heart So worth the time though.

poet Anonymous

i love the style of cover art on the story of Sacajawea. It seems very gentle in spirit. Love the log, or whatever, in the foreground. And the perspective as well, looking up, towards the heroine as she moves forward.

i just know i have seen this artist's work before, probably a zillion times, too.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Eerie said:My copy isn’t fit for picture day.
This is hands down the best historical fiction novel I’ve read. At over 1300 pages it’s not for the faint of heart So worth the time though.

SQUEALZ! My father had that book ( as well as the Last of the Mohiccans )! Great read!

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

Thanks for sharing your books, guys!

Can anyone else see the post about Guy N Smith I made this morning? I can’t find it.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

The_Silly_Sibyl said:Thanks for sharing your books, guys!

Can anyone else see the post about Guy N Smith I made this morning? I can’t find it.

Yesiree! It's still there!

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yesiree! It's still there!

Thanks! Must be my phone...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

i cant take a picture right now but i just found the country diary of an edwardian lady for 1.50 today

i've also got old copies of: dracula, the modern dance of death, a richard wilbur poetry book, the pocket oxford english dictionary and the bible.  i'll add some pictures later maybe

poet Anonymous

the country diary is one of my favorite books! I just looked up the vintage covers of those they are marvelous.

Go to page:
Go to: