Forum Posts: 3365

thank you there jb x

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

JohnnyBlaze said:If anyone insists that the website infowars.com conveys credible information, please disregard it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

Fact check unreliable.

Claim that credible information never comes from this source is spurious and actually provably false.

...you quoted wiki, a website who is not even a reliable source of information according to themselves. Name one major news outlet than has not been forced to print numerous retractions.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013

thanks for your input

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

however since you claim that jbs source is ďspurious and falseĒ could you include any sort of reference please

... i will take that as a no

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:thanks for your input

🙏😎

And thank you for the thread. 👍

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5176

Any person / website that promotes one conspiracy theory as factual lacks credibility.

It's one thing to have an opinion [ I think this school shooting was staged ] and another to pass opinion off as fact [ This school shooting was staged ] for the sake of profiting from merchandise sales [ Infowars t-shirts, etc ] to a gullible public.

Think of it as a PSA to not waste one's fucking precious time, like I already am now.

p.s. to the psa

I also want to point out that Alex Jones is a controversial person with followers who feel the need to defend him. His page is under great scrutiny. It was most likely filled with false information edited in by himself or his followers, which was then removed. Their IP adresses were likely banned, while the page was definitely locked. See the "padlock" icon in the upper righthand area of the page. Only volunteers and employees with permission to edit the page are allowed to, whereas much of Wikipedia is open to public editing.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:Any person / website that promotes one conspiracy theory as factual lacks credibility.

Fact: persons opinions and websites and their articles by various sources are not the same. With each one the article quality produced varies greatly.

Liberal and conservative conspiracy are rife in the news. They are buried in every paper. They earn a lot of ridicule from the left and right audiences they serve.

It's one thing to have an opinion [ I think this school shooting was staged ] and another to pass opinion off as fact [ This school shooting was staged ] for the sake of profiting from merchandise sales [ Infowars t-shirts, etc ] to a gullible public.

With the obvious, as with Sandy Hook, you will not find anyone building a gospel from opinion.

I found it to be forgivable paranoia, as was the reaction to the fraudulent Trump call report, which conspiracy is now strongly disavowed by WaPo.

Think of it as a PSA to not waste one's fucking precious time, like I already am now.

If you arenít getting paid to be an online shill, why put yourself through it? You only insult the intelligence of your peers by over-worrying.

p.s. to the psa

I also want to point out that Alex Jones is a controversial person with followers who feel the need to defend him. His page is under great scrutiny. It was most likely filled with false information edited in by himself or his followers, which was then removed. Their IP adresses were likely banned, while the page was definitely locked. See the "padlock" icon in the upper righthand area of the page. Only volunteers and employees with permission to edit the page are allowed to, whereas much of Wikipedia is open to public editing.

Defend the reported facts, not the commentary. I have never needed to  defend extremist commentary, only the onerous facts presented on news articles, left and right.

Donít throw the baby out with the bath-water.

Fallible opinion happens everywhere. Opinion and fact are two different things. If you cannot distinguish, you cannot fact-check.

If you can only say Amen at Brain Stelterís of CNNís nonsense rantings, you cannot imagine what Iím talking about. Heís as unimportant as Tucker or AJ and this reality galls him unceasingly.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

^ in defence of an extremist commentator and his websites ^

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

EdibleWords said:

Defend the reported facts, not the commentary. I have never needed to  defend extremist commentary, only the onerous facts presented on news articles, left and right.

JohnnyBlaze said:^ in defence of an extremist commentator and his websites ^

What, you defending CNN, now?

But donít quit your day job. Youíd never make it to pro-shill.

runaway-mindtrain
runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 542

JohnnyBlaze said:If anyone insists that the website infowars.com conveys credible information, please disregard it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

And when JB says credible source he is referring to anything that supports the left and authoritarianism... Any source that disagrees with him is, of course, false and not credible. Amazing to see someone use wikipedia to claim other sources are biased. Truth and facts are relative to the day and everyone's "feelings" . Situational ethics is more powerful because you can flip flop your morals like segregationist Biden has done for 48 years. Thank you president Biden for opening the gates to drug and sex trafficking cartels. One facility is at 729 % capacity with children back in cages and room for only one shower a week. Thanks Biden, but I will not help you brag about stimulus checks while a crisis is at the border created by democrats, as usual...

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

^ Is referring to the current situation of children crossing the border into the U.S. without being accompanied by parents, guardians, or any adults -and- the Biden administration's efforts to house them and actually reunite them with their families.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

very nice opinion runaway but can you back it up at all

i like men and women who can back it up

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648

anna_grin said:very nice opinion runaway but can you back it up at all

i like men and women who can back it up

https://youtu.be/QtGdjhpKTC0

Couldn't help myself
enjoy

dizzzzzzy
dizzzzzzy
Nunaya
Dangerous Mind
United States
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 72

Gosh maybe she got a job coming at your beck and call might not be so easy

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

jb, Ed said, this be not debate. focus on the original sources if you please. donít be distracted by irrelevant nonsense or opinions unrelated to the subject

Go to page:
Go to: