Go to page:

misinformation (the fact check thread)

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

... that’s what giving it a space means for the love of fucks sake. But as per usual, you’ve taken it to a negative place. It says there in the screenshot of my own words in black and white.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Ahavati said:Remember, this all started because a group of individuals wanted to control what was seen in the speakeasy forum by having certain content removed. Never a good idea.

Now; I'm done. I have a fucking fantastic rest of my day to tend to!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

a methinks you might be reading too much into the suggestion from personal bias , past experiences, whatever.

lep i think you’re going a bit ham by suggesting a sanction especially when you don’t support sanctions against others.

missy god bless you it seems every thread i am in atm is causing you trouble.

im not entertaining this any further

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:a methinks you might be reading too much into the suggestion from personal bias , past experiences, whatever.

Whatever is right. I merely defended my public statement as truth ( with verifiable proof ) when it was said to be false ( in essence, calling me a liar ). THAT is what this thread is for, I thought. There was not a shred of personal biased in it.

I, too am no longer tending this madness ( not directed at you but in general ). This day is just too fucking beautiful for this personal shit.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

so, what I got from today’s talk is this thread has about enough integrity to fit atop a pinhead

the allegation was downgraded to “the suggestion was aired” hahaha.  

“I know about your knockdown cabal”

“I know” doesn’t suggest a suggestion. it suggests there is no doubt. now, if a person is going to fact check stuff, I presume for the good of humanity, and one of the most prolific fact checkers throws out an accusation “I know” <~ then can’t prove it

what does that tell you about integrity, about intent.

This all started because you threw an accusation and couldn’t prove it. this started because you. and because fanatical

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ed, thank you, I would appreciate if you would find and include what you’re responding to. i know it’s a bit of extra effort but it keeps things clear and on topic.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

lepperochan said:so, what I got from today’s talk is this thread has about enough integrity to fit atop a pinhead

the allegation was downgraded to “the suggestion was aired” hahaha.  

“I know about your knockdown cabal”

“I know” doesn’t suggest a suggestion. it suggests there is no doubt. now, if a person is going to fact check stuff, I presume for the good of humanity, and one of the most prolific fact checkers throws out an accusation “I know” <~ then can’t prove it

what does that tell you about integrity, about intent.

This all started because you threw an accusation and couldn’t prove it. this started because you. and because fanatical

it looked initially framed as an accusation, but since a clarified it as an opinion, i see no reason not treat it as such.  essentially, that’s a retraction.

if you press for an apology as well i will not involve myself.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

I don’t want an opology. obviously I wasn’t going to suggest any sanctions to the mods.

you don’t start an opinion by saying “I know” but whatever.  is what it is. I’m out

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i can see your point, but i don’t want to assume intent here. anywhere else, i would. i have.

these squabbles aren’t really what i made this for.

i can not say true or false to the statement and as far as i am concerned that is the end of it unless evidence appears from somewhere

i think it unlikely

but that is only my opinion

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

my other opinion: since no one asked for it;

I personally notice a flurry of activity on the “trivial” threads in response to a new political thread being created.

this may be a semi-organised effort but falls far short of being a cabal.

again, unless i see proof, im not budging from centre

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:my other opinion: since no one asked for it;

I personally notice a flurry of activity on the “trivial” threads in response to a new political thread being created.

I didn't want to involve anyone directly, so I didn't ask directly.

Craic: you yourself have admitted that CF's comment to me could be interpreted as I interpreted it. anna has said it was implied. There are many more who agree and have witnessed a flurry of activity on the "trivial" threads daily, particularly after my posts to Letters & Biden. And with their permission, I will happily release those messages and emails to Webmiss.

But, I honestly think we should let this go once and for all. I am certain that CF will come in and explain his comment as a response to me in his thread - where all of this originated before being migrated here in what feels like a Holy Inquisition.

We really need to let this go.

lepperochan said:As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way. [ . . . ]

fair enough, there are a couple of ways to interpret. personally I think it’s pie in the sky. maybe wishful thinking, either way I don’t think it’s sufficient to lay accusations at other peoples feet
[ . . . ]

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

anna_grin said:my other opinion: since no one asked for it;

Thing is love, we can’t win. We stay out of threads — we apparently are slammed for not supporting threads or not taking part for the harmony of DU. We stay in our own threads and keep ourselves to ourselves  — suddenly we’re a cabal.

So what the hell are we supposed to do for the best? Not exist? Because I’m all out of ideas.

“ She asks me to kill the spider.
Instead, I get the most
peaceful weapons I can find.

I take a cup and a napkin.
I catch the spider, put it outside
and allow it to walk away.

If I am ever caught in the wrong place
at the wrong time, just being alive
and not bothering anyone

I hope I am greeted
with the same kind
of mercy.”

- Rudy Francisco

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Missy no one accused you of being in a cabal, least of all me. You are not a victim here. You are the one who implied I was a liar. You are inserting yourself into this when you were not named nor was it implied you were a part of anything, except on accident by Criac, and he apologized for that ( and I thanked him for that apology ). But no. .  .it just keeps going round and round.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i don’t know man, I’m not one for keeping the peace but apparently that’s what everyone expects me to do in this thread

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Right well I’ll fuck off then. Clearly what you want. I was talking to Anna.

Go to page:
Go to: