Go to page:

misinformation (the fact check thread)

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

thatís okay edible

it appears that in this cross-party organised effort you refer to in the times article there was a small but significant bias towards Biden.

the majority of the campaign focused on reducing the impact of fake news and propaganda which in the previous election had been masterfully wielded by republicans in conjunction with Cambridge Analytica.

to be honest, i canít fault democrats * sorry for getting ahead of the game this time. they knew they would be the target of the same technique, and went above and beyond on defence. they didnít use their power to spread falsehoods about the opposition, when they could have, and i think thatís worth something.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

anna_grin said:thatís okay edible

it appears that in this cross-party organised effort you refer to in the times article there was a small but significant bias towards Biden.

the majority of the campaign focused on reducing the impact of fake news and propaganda which in the previous election had been masterfully wielded by republicans in conjunction with Cambridge Analytica.

to be honest, i canít fault conservatives for getting ahead of the game this time. they knew they would be the target of the same technique, and went above and beyond on defence. they didnít use their power to spread falsehoods about the opposition, when they could have, and i think thatís worth something.


😎👍

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

sorry there, i said conservatives when i meant democrats

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14056

As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way. [ . . . ]

fair enough, there are a couple of ways to interpret. personally I think itís pie in the sky. maybe wishful thinking, either way I donít think itís sufficient to lay accusations at other peoples feet

I donít see how it connects to Missy. given you said ďI know about YOUR knockdown cabalĒ to her.


youíre saying it feels personal. I can say with conviction when Sky started throwing around actuations we asked the same (proof) then when it didnít come banned her for life. I do accept this is nowhere near the same level

the most active fact checkers on this thread are yourself, JB and Anna. so I know youíre aware the burden of proof is upon you. I can quote you from some pages back if you like

in my opinion I think the base for the accusation is very thin. perhaps CF did lend himself to it. I donít see that Missy did


Iím happy to leave this here if we are all of the opinion thereís no evidence to support it, or indeed if the allegation is withdrawn.

obviously weíll all be watching the forums for some time.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

this is essentially a suggestion of corruption. at the petty level of a poetry site.

however itís not reasonable to expect proof to come from without in such an accusation. the only way to get at some semblance of truth would be to investigate among the moderator groups.

i am not suggesting that needs to be done, but if you take the accusation seriously that is the only way to go about it

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10476

lepperochan said:As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way. [ . . . ]

fair enough, there are a couple of ways to interpret. personally I think itís pie in the sky. maybe wishful thinking, either way I donít think itís sufficient to lay accusations at other peoples feet

I donít see how it connects to Missy. given you said ďI know about YOUR knockdown cabalĒ to her.


youíre saying it feels personal. I can say with conviction when Sky started throwing around actuations we asked the same (proof) then when it didnít come banned her for life. I do accept this is nowhere near the same level

the most active fact checkers on this thread are yourself, JB and Anna. so I know youíre aware the burden of proof is upon you. I can quote you from some pages back if you like

in my opinion I think the base for the accusation is very thin. perhaps CF did lend himself to it. I donít see that Missy did


Iím happy to leave this here if we are all of the opinion thereís no evidence to support it, or indeed if the allegation is withdrawn.

obviously weíll all be watching the forums for some time.


Firstly, thank you ( or ML ) for unhiding my explanatory post in CF's thread. I appreciate that, being it violated no guidelines to be hidden in the first place, as I was addressing the OP in regards to his own statement.

Secondly, I don't recall saying anything of the sort to Missy, but CF in regards to his own statement. Can you quote me accusing  Missy? I have quickly scanned CF's thread and I can't find where I did ( after scanning the 8 pages of CFs' thread - after pg 4-5, I basically ignore Missy because I feel her posts directed to me were baiting ).

Thirdly, yes; his statement implies that there is a group of members making sure the front page of the Speakeasy forum isn't filled with political threads. So either the members he is referencing ( I have no clue ) are starting a plethora of non-political threads ( which I have not seen ); or, they're deliberately knocking them down.

Then, there could be a third option I have not thought of. . .being human and all.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14056

ďhowever itís not reasonable to expect proof to come from without in such an accusation. the only way to get at some semblance of truth would be to investigate among the moderator groups.Ē


why is it not reasonable to expect proof all of a sudden. thereís over 40 pages of yourself and others saying how critical proof is. isnít that what the thread is all about

I donít see why we should investigate anything unless some kind of initial proof is provided. what are we supposed to be looking for exactly ?  when did it happen ? who done it ?



Edit: I read the quote wrong. I see it was aimed at CF and not Missy. opologize for the confusion

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

boys it is immaterial who who was speaking to. the suggestion was aired. now if you truly take it as a serious threat to the site it needs investigation. otherwise it is just an opinion among many, unverified, like so many others.

(the proof would be impossible to obtain from outside the supposed cabal, thatís easily understandable surely? i didnít say the proof wasnít important, did i)

edit to say i think we must be taking ourselves entirely too seriously if we think this is the most damaging misinformation ever put out there on our forums

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10476

lepperochan said:ďhowever itís not reasonable to expect proof to come from without in such an accusation. the only way to get at some semblance of truth would be to investigate among the moderator groups.Ē


why is it not reasonable to expect proof all of a sudden. thereís over 40 pages of yourself and others saying how critical proof is. isnít that what the thread is all about

I donít see why we should investigate anything unless some kind of initial proof is provided. what are we supposed to be looking for exactly ?  when did it happen ? who done it ?



Edit: I read the quote wrong. I see it was aimed at CF and not Missy. opologize for the confusion


Thank you for correcting that. I don't make baseless accusations.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 1407

... I donít bait. Thank you.

Craic made a mistake. Heís human. Weíve established that. Please keep my name out of it. I donít want anything to do with any of this.

Good day to you all.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

bless x

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10476

anna_grin said:boys it is immaterial who who was speaking to. the suggestion was aired. now if you truly take it as a serious threat to the site it needs investigation. otherwise it is just an opinion among many, unverified, like so many others.

(the proof would be impossible to obtain from outside the supposed cabal, thatís easily understandable surely? i didnít say the proof wasnít important, did i)

edit to say i think we must be taking ourselves entirely too seriously if we think this is the most damaging misinformation ever put out there on our forums


Right x's 2. Anymore than someone would be able to prove manipulation behind the scenes, would they?

Here's a suggestion ( not directed toward you, anna but in general ); I already suggested it once in CF's thread: focus on what you love, focus on what makes you happy.  Remember, this all started because a group of individuals wanted to control what was seen in the speakeasy forum by having certain content removed. Never a good idea.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892


Canít find your request to quote, but hereís something important with regard to proof of vote hacking: https://www.oann.com/mich-judge-reinstates-voting-fraud-case-following-forensic-probe-of-dominion-voting-machines/

Letís see how this all pans out, shall we? 🤔

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 1407


Ahavati said:
Remember, this all started because a group of individuals wanted to control what was seen in the speakeasy forum by having certain content removed. Never a good idea.


Fact check: False.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10476

Ahavati said: Remember, this all started because a group of individuals wanted to control what was seen in the speakeasy forum by having certain content removed. Never a good idea.


FACT CHECK: True

cold_fusion said:Dear Webmistress and the powers to be

Can we please have a new room...a full blown forum where all sorts of political discourse can take place and where one can create any number of threads so as to have a distinct place to let steam off and not have it cook the other forums with it's radiant heat? please.

I say why not have a proper full on Forum where the political, anything related to politics can live and breathe freely and have only one thread at any time appear on the front page of DU?

Just like everything else, politics has its place. At the end of the day the DUP does not stand for DeepUnderground Politics. Let's have a well defined corner for this essential necessary space.

I hate starting new threads. But just needed to explore the option the why's and why nots of it with the powers to be on DU.

regards
cf


Northern_Soul said:
... I did humbly suggest giving politics a group a few weeks back... a whole space dedicated to it. Somewhere it could be self-moderated and discussed at length and leisure. Imma just leave this here as a suggestion been as this open thread has been raised.

(Just a broad humble suggestion as a casual observer encompassing the topic as a whole not aimed at anything or anybody before anybody goes nuts.)

Go to page:
Go to: