Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
100awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10346

lepperochan said:Fact check please:

ď I know about your organized * knock down cabal *, which has absolutely nothing to do with anyone who may disagree with our opinion about anything. It's about people wanting to control the board, and if they can't have their way ( political forum ) then they'll just knock down the threads they don't want to see for the sake of themselves and everyone else. ď  - Avahti

source: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/suggestions/read/11821/105/#526139

If this is not proves as fact then there is a very serious allegation being thrown around which I think deserves some  kind of sanction.

cold_fusion said:

[ . . . ] As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way. [ . . . ]

I am well aware you would love to sanction me, Craic. Especially before NaPo. But, unfortunately, for you, I have done nothing to be sanctioned for. You, on the other hand, have labeled me a fanatic, among other things ( a vicious narcissist, et al ) publicly. That, too, would seem warrant sanction for personal attacks; however, doesn't because personal opinion? Moderator power? I don't know. I don't care.

I'm here to enjoy this site without this bullshit. May I do that please? Thank you.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

oooh er i cannot comment on that as Iíve not been around for the Great Kerfuffle of the last few years.

however i can say that if thereís no sanction for repeated misinformation from one member then i wouldnít think it appropriate to sanction another - im not sure that itís more serious at all

but this, this ainít my fight

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:oooh er i cannot comment on that as Iíve not been around for the Great Kerfuffle of the last few years.

however i can say that if thereís no sanction for repeated misinformation from one members then i wouldnít think it appropriate to sanction another - im not sure that itís more serious at all

but this, this ainít my fight

It's not ( particularly when I have a source quote stating certain member do their part to keep political threads off the front page - how else can they do that but by knocking them down with other threads for that specific purpose? ). It's personal.*

* Disclaimer: my opinion.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

Iím not trying to fight. this is the thread where misinformation is supposed to be sorted out. Once again the self appointed fact checkers ainít gonna fact check fuck all because itís not aimed at the democrats

it not about fighting, itís about getting to the truth. needless to say if the allegation is proves true then I think some kind of sanction should be given also

this is either a fact check thread or it isnít.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Is the allegation true or false. the burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused. ...right ?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Iím not trying to fight. this is the thread where misinformation is supposed to be sorted out. Once again the self appointed fact checkers ainít gonna fact check fuck all because itís not aimed at the democrats

it not about fighting, itís about getting to the truth. needless to say if the allegation is proves true then I think some kind of sanction should be given also

this is either a fact check thread or it isnít.

lepperochan said:Is the allegation true or false. the burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused. ...right ?

I'm sorry, I am waiting for you to address my initial response to you containing the source quote from CF I provided:

cold_fusion said:

[ . . . ] As far as the option of people to keep ignoring the political threads, sometimes it just is not possible if it keeps repeating on the front page. And the stats you mention about the time of replying,only few of the political threads on the forefront, well there's some who do their bit to keep it that way. [ . . . ]

How else can they do that but by knocking them down with other threads for that specific purpose? *

And, being you've hidden my post ( but can't delete it ) it's time for me to file an official report in regards to  harassment and personal attacks ( particularly by you, which I feel is an abuse of power ). This is not something I wanted to do because I know Webmiss has her hands full; however, enough is enough.

* Again, my opinion.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i myself have forswore off providing my own sources, lep, and in this case Iíd have none to offer anyway.

if weíre calling for more transparency on how front page threads are curated it might be worth compiling a memo to all members.

i see no evidence either way as yet

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Joined 1st Apr 2011

anna_grin said:i myself have forswore off providing my own sources, lep, and in this case Iíd have none to offer anyway.

if weíre calling for more transparency on how front page threads are curated it might be worth compiling a memo to all members.

i see no evidence either way as yet

I feel itíll be impossible to prove or disprove tbh. I thought the allegation was a bit. ...out there, but am open to being shown whatís what

it is a serious allegation, if true affects everybody here  more than most things Biden or Trump have done or will do to us

so, in a way I feel itís much more serious.

Avahti:

I havenít hid anything. you are of course more than within your rights to make an official complaint as with everyone here is

youíve made an allegation. Iím asking you to prove it. we are on the fact check thread.

whatís the problem?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:

I feel itíll be impossible to prove or disprove tbh. I thought the allegation was a bit. ...out there, but am open to being shown whatís what

it is a serious allegation, if true affects everybody here  more than most things Biden or Trump have done or will do to us

so, in a way I feel itís much more serious.

Avahti:

I havenít hid anything. you are of course more than within your rights to make an official complaint as with everyone here is

youíve made an allegation. Iím asking you to prove it. we are on the fact check thread.

whatís the problem?

There is no problem ( outside of you not knowing how to spell my name ). I provided a source quote twice now that you are either deliberately ignoring OR genuinely haven't seen.  

So what IS the problem?

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

technically this thread is to disprove misinformation with proof of your own, but itís fine if it occasionally veers the other way...

yes, if true, it affects our membership, but if not, it doesnít at all.

i think the only way to get to the bottom of the that would be some kind of DU internal inquiry and that seems a bit much. A has clarified that itís only her opinion that there exists this cabal, so it probably doesnít even constitute an accusation.

as fact verifying maiden there exists neither proof for nor proof against so thereís nothing i can do for either of you x

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

am sorry a but under my own law i canít accept that quote as evidence

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:technically this thread is to disprove misinformation with proof of your own, but itís fine if it occasionally veers the other way...

yes, if true, it affects our membership, but if not, it doesnít at all.

i think the only way to get to the bottom of the that would be some kind of DU internal inquiry and that seems a bit much. A has clarified that itís only her opinion that there exists this cabal, so it probably doesnít even constitute an accusation.

as fact verifying maiden there exists neither proof for nor proof against so thereís nothing i can do for either of you x

Yes; the interpretation of CF's statement is indeed my opinion ( as I have stated ), as I know no other way it could be interpreted in the context it was given.

This reeks of personal to me. Those who have been debunked for stating what they professed as facts are let go to repeat the same false allegations, and I have provided a source and interpretation ( which was in my post which is now hidden in CF'S suggestion thread ) and it's pushed here?!

Craic, If you didn't hide my post there it must've been ML. Again, what is the problem? I have answered you twice.

anna_grin said:am sorry a but under my own law i canít accept that quote as evidence

That's fine. If there is another way to view that statement inside the context of my conversation with CF, then please, enlighten me. I am listening.  Believe me, I would love to be proven wrong. I would hate to think there are certain members making sure political posts stay off the front page by deliberately knocking them down.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i see what it implies, but it doesnít quite meet the bar for proof and i would consider it hearsay

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

anna_grin said:edible appreciate your popping up but a big tech company operating shady for a client, offering to spread slander and lies, and a nationwide effort that was against misinformation are similar but not the same.

I think your interpretation of the Time article is different than mine. I see red flags all over it. Itís like OJ Simpsonís ill-advised ďIf I Did ItĒ book to me.

neither is suppressing search results as part of a marketing strategy the same as google themselves participating in this.

Well, for a parallel comparison - offering a weighted voting system is basically participating in voter fraud even if the company doesnít do the tampering themselves.

Offering information suppression with political results to clients is just as ruinous to the results as coming together for a little mutually motivated chat in a shady back room.

Thatís just how some like me see it, but I appreciate that you are seeing something else at the moment.

I donít think either of us like political rigging - some of us are more jaded than others, perhaps.

Thankfully Texas is doing something about it, as are other nations and states. 👍

I hope they succeed.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:i see what it implies, but it doesnít quite meet the bar for proof and i would consider it hearsay

Exactly. It fully implies it ( particularly in the context it was given ). However, like I said above. . .

I don't throw baseless accusations around. I always have a valid reason for thinking or saying what I do. That reason may not always be accurate ( I am human, after all ); however, there's a valid reason nonetheless.

Go to page:
Go to: