Go to page:

misinformation (the fact check thread)

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

dizzy I’m quite clearly not talking to you, chill

and i don’t care, just one of the others 🤷🏻‍♀️

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

anna_grin said:dizzy I’m quite clearly not talking to you, chill

and i don’t care, just one of the others 🤷🏻‍♀️


Oops, clearly!

That WAS supposed to be on the other thread. Apologies!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009


runaway-mindtrain said:Biden Sued by 12 States Over Climate Executive Order https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/biden-sued-by-12-states-over-climate-executive-order_3725146.html

Mass'er Biden and his authoritarianism continues to get major push back from State legislators. Not only is the fraudulent president denounced by world leaders but he may become the most sued executive in history. Even before he hits 100 days. Just like leftist cancel culture proceeds to run out of fodder and is currently beginning to cancel themselves, establishment democrats are showing the world their true colors of suppression, racism and political violence.  

When you can't find racism, manufacturer it. When they can't find violence, create conspiracy about their opponents via Blue Anon propaganda.

From the Colorado Herald--

Blue Anon, leftist Q-type conspiracy theory, sweeps the nation as Big Tech buries it ...

Blue Anon, a popular term for conspiracy theories that collectively comprise a growingly paranoid, suspicious, and aggressive movement by the left, has swept the United States into a state of chaos, division, and hate.

According to Red State:

“‘Blue Anon’ is an apt descriptor for the nearly illiterate opinion-makers on the left who seem to be working overtime to come up with ridiculous theories to explain why it is that so much of the policy agenda of the radical wing of the Democrat party is so unpopular.  Here are some examples which should fall right in the heart of the ‘Blue Anon’ definition — hyperbole or not (sometimes it’s hard to tell).”

“Joy Reid claiming that Republicans would give back all the tax cuts in order to be able to use the ‘N’ word without restriction.   Now that sounds like hyperbole, but Joy Reid lost the benefit of the doubt on that question a long long time ago.”

“I {Redstate} wrote a story a couple of days ago about the San Francisco talk show host who believes the accusers of Gov. Andrew Cuomo are operatives on behalf of the NY GOP, with the goal being to have Cuomo step down in order to get a Republican elected to replace him, and that new Republican Governor would then pardon Pres. Trump for any violations of NY law.  His tweet in that regard got thousands of responses agreeing with him –some wondering why it took him so long to figure that out.  All the media — including CNN and MSNBC — were in on the plot, as evidenced by the fact that they were covering the story at all.”

“Lastly — for our purposes here — there is a story out today calling attention to the new media narrative that BLM protests last summer were non-violent, unlike the Jan. 6 ‘riots’ by white supremacists who were all Trump supporters.”

On March 6th, Blue Anon was added to the Urban Dictionary; by Sunday March 7th, the listing had been removed. Additionally, if readers wish to research Blue Anon, don’t use Google; Google won’t display any search results for the term that’s obviously triggered leftsists.



Urban Dictionary
If readers want to learn more about Blue Anon, they will have to utilize Duck Duck Go or a darker search engine; the media is working hard to erase the term itself. Before Google and Facebook scrubbed the internet of Blue Anon, the most popular Blue Anon incidents of the last year were recounted by Michael Savage as part of the conspiratorial movement.

Russia Hoax
Jussie Smollett hoax
Ukraine hoax
Covington kids hoax
Brett Kavanaugh hoax
The largest conspiracy perpetrated by Blue Anon’s this year, however, is the idea that conservatives are plotting mass riots and a hostile takeover of the US Capitol, while BLM riots rage on across the country. The Capitol Police and Nancy Pelosi’s claims that Three Percenters had planned a violent attack on the Capitol March 4th is another example of Blue Anon craziness; furthermore, National Guard troops are expected to remain in place at the Capitol until at least mid-Summer…for Nancy and the left’s “safety.”

Blue Anon is all about public safety…by whatver means necessary, just like its counterpart BLM.




The screenshot attached is also from the Urban Dictionary.





















EDIT: i have not stopped laughing for 10+ minutes now at whoever wrote this sheer idiocy.




anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

right so has anyone looked for this invisible made up conspiracy bullshit or - the idea that google suppresses search results is very

let’s just say it sounds like crap, but idk how to prove it false

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

https://youtu.be/-nSHiHO6QJI

an interesting exchange. doesn’t prove anything but certainly gives an insight

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10367

lepperochan said:https://youtu.be/-nSHiHO6QJI

an interesting exchange. doesn’t prove anything but certainly gives an insight


I find it very interesting how this video is edited and when it's cut off.

For example:

He's being clearly badgered, especially by Mr. Poe. He tried to answer and he keeps getting interrupted. He was trying to tell Mr. Poe that Google doesn't track movements by default; however, there may be a program that Mr. Poe has downloaded that may track his movements. That is correct. If you have downloaded maps, or if you allow your location to be known, then your phone is going to track your movements. That is not on Google. That is on you. Now why was that part of the clip truncated?

There was no yes/no answer to his question without knowing more information, which he also attempted to explain to Mr. Poe. No = not by default; yes = if you've downloaded an app which permits your location to be known. Yet, Mr. Poe continued to interrupt him and demand a  yes or no answer.

I could address each question like the above. But it's exasperating. I was in the legal profession for 14 years and it burns me up the way some people in power treat others.

Hate speech and ( proven ) false information should never be allowed to be disseminated. I applaud any company for kicking it, along with those who are blatantly attempting to push its agenda to the curb.

Hate speech and ( proven ) false information is not a partisan issue; it's a moral one.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009


anna_grin said:right so has anyone looked for this invisible made up conspiracy bullshit or - the idea that google suppresses search results is very

let’s just say it sounds like crap, but idk how to prove it false


Found this using Google, which kinda shoots down the conspiracy theory that Google is censoring the term and information about it LOL

https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/blue-anon-conspiracy-theories-democrat-party-donald-trump-urban-dictionary/





JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009



Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10367



Well played.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009


Ahavati said:

Well played.


Wait --- it gets even better.

Because ... dun dun duhhhhhhhh

Google owns YouTube!


lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

anyhoo

https://youtu.be/-nSHiHO6QJI

there’s the clip again. to be fair, I think it’s probably easier for non-Americans to look at those questioning and he who’s questioned with some sort of unbiased-ness

doesn’t prove a thing by way of suppression. but if you listen carefully he does admit to a prototype search engine up to 400 people worked on which would suit the Chinese government. so, it sounds like they do have the ability to surpress searches.

so I dunno. they mention a whistleblower woman too.

if you’re interested there’s probably the whole hearing with all the witnesses. The Facebook hearing is interesting too


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10367

lepperochan said:anyhoo

https://youtu.be/-nSHiHO6QJI

there’s the clip again. to be fair, I think it’s probably easier for non-Americans to look at those questioning and he who’s questioned with some sort of unbiased-ness

doesn’t prove a thing by way of suppression. but if you listen carefully he does admit to a prototype search engine up to 400 people worked on which would suit the Chinese government. so, it sounds like they do have the ability to surpress searches.

so I dunno. they mention a whistleblower woman too.

if you’re interested there’s probably the whole hearing with all the witnesses. The Facebook hearing is interesting too



While I can understand why you might think that, I am hardly being biased. On the contrary, I am being legalese. If you do not think Mr. Poe ( the only example I used ) was deliberately badgering him for a yes/no answer to a question that did not have one, perhaps it's non-Americans who should not be watching them?

Regardless, this is old news. Just saying. The clip you posted is from a 2018 hearing. Given it's 2021, who do you think won that hearing?

Here:

Google CEO Sundar Pichai’s three and a half hour testimony before the House Judiciary Committee today — and the problem with congressional tech executive hearings — is perhaps best encapsulated by his brief exchange with Texas Rep. Ted Poe.

“I have an iPhone," Poe said, brandishing the device for all to see. "If I go and sit with my Democratic friends over there, does Google track my movement?"

Pichai began to reply, explaining that the answer to Poe's question really depends on a bunch of smartphone minutiae — location services, app settings, privacy configurations, etc. But before he could finish, Poe cut him off. “It’s a 'yes' or 'no' question,” he bellowed. (It wasn’t.)

The exchange is an exemplar of the disconnect, the frustrations, and the pointlessness of the past year's parade of tech executive hearings. Congress calls for Silicon Valley to have its day in the DC hot seat; then the day comes, and instead we find it's a booster seat. Or an opportunity for congressional yelling. Or executive evasiveness. And in any case, nothing much is accomplished.

Take Poe’s question. Its topic — data privacy and location tracking — is important, but the wording was unartful, and it revealed, immediately, a poor understanding of the workings of the technology to which it referred. Conversely, Pichai’s answer seemed to purposefully ignore the spirit of the question, focusing on semantics instead of a reasonable answer. (For example: “While I don’t know the particulars of your device, yes, many Google apps track granular location information.”) The end result? Nothing worthwhile.


[ . . . ]

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/charliewarzel/google-congress-testimony-worthless

Absolutely nothing worthwhile.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

again, the clip was used to throw a bit of insight. yes it’s over 2 years old. I deliberately didn’t try sway any side.

“proves nothing, but an interesting exchange all the same” (paraphrase)

for some reason those few words inspired whatever.  


anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

oh mate i haven’t watched that clip you posted yet but i can already tell it’s old people not understanding how the internet works

ill give it a peek

-about five seconds in, the questioner assumes that the accusation of google suppressing “conservative views” by flagging them as hate speech is true. his question does not relate to how or if this is the case, he simply asks “how are you going to improve that situation?”

a difficult question to answer when the “situation” has been clearly misunderstood.

the boy is perhaps not the best at court presentation, but cut him some slack. he works in IT.

ill watch a wee bit more, i have seen this when it was out ages ago

-for the sake of fuck. it’s quite clearly couched in the question that the decision not to launch in China is due to concerns that the government could tweak the software (hack it) to suppress search results. this doesn’t suggest that google have been working on software to do that at all

regarding the Facebook hearing, admittedly zuckerberg is a soulless lizard man , but that is more of the same. i understand older people being afraid of tech they don’t understand and don’t know how to operate, (for example you could reasonably be unaware if no one told you that maps can record your location even when you aren’t using it - there are pop ups that make this clear within the app though) but companies don’t need to cater to the dumbest in the herd.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14047

anna_grin said:oh mate i haven’t watched that clip you posted yet but i can already tell it’s old people not understanding how the internet works

ill give it a peek

-about five seconds in, the questioner assumes that the accusation of google suppressing “conservative views” by flagging them as hate speech is true. his question does not relate to how or if this is the case, he simply asks “how are you going to improve that situation?”

a difficult question to answer when the “situation” has been clearly misunderstood.

the boy is perhaps not the best at court presentation, but cut him some slack. he works in IT.

ill watch a wee bit more, i have seen this when it was out ages ago

-for the sake of fuck. it’s quite clearly couched in the question that the decision not to launch in China is due to concerns that the government could tweak the software (hack it) to suppress search results. this doesn’t suggest that google have been working on software to do that at all

regarding the Facebook hearing, admittedly zuckerberg is a soulless lizard man , but that is more of the same. i understand older people being afraid of tech they don’t understand and don’t know how to operate, (for example you could reasonably be unaware if no one told you that maps can record your location even when you aren’t using it - there are pop ups that make this clear within the app though) but companies don’t need to cater to the dumbest in the herd.





Just to be clear, cos you’re probably too young to remember. Google had already been in China in 2010. they already had a version of Google which “conformed” to the Chinese censorship


they left China cos the government tried censor them more through hacks

point being, the software is around sinnce 2010 at the latest. I mean if 2 years is “ages ago” 11 years must be lifetimes.


But it’s whatever, obviously





Go to page:
Go to: