Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

hemi. why are you being obtuse. no one is attacking your poetic licence

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

anna_grin said:oh, so calling discourse you don’t like jive talk isn’t fucking patronising then?

Patronizing who? The person he disagreed with? He’s not even thinking about black people when he said it. How many words do you know the history of? I bet he learned to use that word from a black role model. It’s a viral phenomenon that he could have easily had no idea about. I didn’t. I just listened to it’s use in music and only heard it from the mouths of icons from nearby English micro-cultures.

no one cares what fucking music you listen to it doesn’t make you un-racist. you literally just i have a black friended the conversation.

Do you think being white, wrong, or less-learned is what makes a person racist?

if this is the hill you want to die on i mean

I’ve died on a thousand hills. It’s all relative.

funny cos i would have thought that if you were black or cared about black people at all this is all shit you would know

Let’s stick to the facts. You’ve made your hatred of me clear.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

1) i seriously fucking doubt it

2) yes. that’s how racism works

3) i wish a bitch would

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:1) i seriously fucking doubt it

Doubt is not fact.

2) yes. that’s how racism works

No. That robs the victims of actual racism of their serious complaint.

Imagine if rape was redefined in such a way to make everyone of a generally innocent type of person a rapist.

3) i wish a bitch would

...yet you think it’s less offensive to display open intolerance than someone being innocently wrong. Or you are deflecting from a more serious problem of bigotry.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

a) neither is your pathetic excusing of runaway and why you think he chose to speak as he did.

b) racism is multi layered. rape is a specific crime. apples and airplanes buddy

c) i wish a bitch would

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

LunaGreyhawk said:I apologize for lack of context.  My friend teaches a business writing course.  I agree that when writing, the subject matter is contextual; otherwise I wouldn’t be ok typing those words out as part of an explanation.  My point (and hers, in the context of her course’s subject matter) is that we need to stop actually using racist terms in these derogatory ways.  

Can live with that.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 885

hemihead said:

Can live with that.

Thank you, Hemi.  I edited my comment to provide context.  What I get for being in a hurry.  

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:a) neither is your pathetic excusing of runaway and why you think he chose to speak as he did.

“Pathetic excusing” is not a good description of my point. The man is a drummer. So my point was based in fact.

- He may fact check me if he in fact only admires and imitates white musicians.

b) racism is multi layered.

There is a self-evident reason why this is not only un-factual but harmful.

rape is a specific crime. apples and airplanes buddy

There’s nothing apples to oranges about this.

Both racism and rape are sins, like murder. They are both specific and hate based.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

you are wrong. we now return to our scheduled programming.

dizzzzzzy
Dangerous Mind
Curaçao 15awards
Joined 25th Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 80

EdibleWords said:

There’s nothing apples to oranges about this.

Both racism and rape are sins, like murder. They are both specific and hate based

I don't think those things are cool. At all.
If it's not cleary spoken then intentions are to mislead.  Period.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Why would they suggest to children that they are so hated that they’d be dead without “privilege” ? Life is a right, not a privilege! Not for any color!

There, protesters began yelling at the school-age cheerleading competitors as they walked in and out of the convention center. Protesters used disgusting language, protesters told the children that they are “only alive due to their privilege” and telling the children that they should be “doing something black with their privilege.” The children they were yelling at appeared to be yelling at children aged between 3 and 15 years old.

Any parent who attempted to defuse the situation was surrounded and verbally assaulted. Police have not made an appearance nearly the entire time. The protest continues on and the protesters continue to yell at small children.

https://www.ptnewsnetwork.com/louisville-blm-protesters-verbally-assault-young-children-at-a-cheerleading-competition/

dizzzzzzy
Dangerous Mind
Curaçao 15awards
Joined 25th Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 80

Yikes

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013