misinformation (the fact check thread)

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

EdibleWords said:

You can’t accuse me of lying without evidence. I know I have not lied and have even provided the facts. What facts do you dispute?

almost all of them. have a read back through.

@jb very good point

now ed while i inherently place no validity in yourself as a source it does not stop you citing other, more established sources. you know, with a history of integrity.

people are also free to criticise any source you may provide or the way you have cherry picked from that source, which is what has happened here. if you have an argument against that criticism we are all ears.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

well, let’s chalk the first part up to a misunderstanding and agree that we can’t make any claims without knowing the autopsy results

is that fair to yous

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

anna_grin said:

almost all of them. have a read back through.

@jb very good point

now ed while i inherently place no validity in yourself as a source it does not stop you citing other, more established sources. you know, with a history of integrity.

people are also free to criticise any source you may provide or the way you have cherry picked from that source, which is what has happened here. if you have an argument against that criticism we are all ears.

RE the claim JB made about my motives to post,  I debunked that. My words are my testimony.

RE the claim that Sicknick is alive - I never claimed that.

He did go home and tell his brother he was fine before dying of presumably natural causes.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:well, let’s chalk the first part up to a misunderstanding and agree that we can’t make any claims without knowing the autopsy results

is that fair to yous

👍👍

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

You only clarified that Sicknick died after you were caught perpetuating the possibility that he didn't.

What's equally disgusting is that you continue to infer that Sicknick died of natural causes and not  as a result of what happened during the Capitol riot when the autopsy results are still pending.

Seriously? Everything I was quoting was about HOW he died. How you misconstrued that as another “Elvis is still alive” theory I chalk up to hasty reading or poor comprehension. (Neither of which I was prepared for.)

Notice the above words I quoted “when he died” and you jumped here to debunk it with the image as your source. In this image I will circle the words.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

edible. it was misleading. i appreciate that in this case, that particular effect may not have been your intention but it very much looked as if you were denying that he died at all.

ive fairly said that could be a misunderstanding but you still have to take responsibility for causing the misunderstanding.

thank you.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:edible. it was misleading. i appreciate that in this case, that particular effect may not have been your intention but it very much looked as if you were denying that he died at all.

ive fairly said that could be a misunderstanding but you still have to take responsibility for causing the misunderstanding.

thank you.

See the above evidence. I even circled the words now so you won’t miss them this time.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

that was not part of your initial response.

in fact i think jb provided us that screenshot.

take the damn draw eddy

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:that was not part of your initial response.

That was the image JB posted to debunk. Minus the circle.

My response was reasonable.

EdibleWords said:

He deserves to be respected as the Trump supporter he was. 🇺🇸

How was JB’s post a fact-check?

Fact: Sicknick suffered no blunt trauma from any fire-extinguisher.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/brian-sicknick-charges/index.html

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

anna_grin said:well, let’s chalk the first part up to a misunderstanding and agree that we can’t make any claims without knowing the autopsy results

I'll agree to the latter, but I'll chalk of the former as "selective omission of vital details".

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

take the draw ed and drop it. you’re being petty, misleading and refusing to take accountability. you’re only showing yourself up at this point.

@jb i can see why you would think that but as lord of the fact checkers i must place my bias to the side and say it’s not clear that was the intention

oh god she’s just posting more crap below me isn’t she.

are you really confused as to why i don’t like you? don’t answer that.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'll agree to the latter, but I'll chalk of the former as "selective omission of vital details".

Which vital details are missing?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:take the draw ed and drop it. you’re being petty, misleading and refusing to take accountability. you’re only showing yourself up at this point.

What did I fail to take accountability for?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

anna_grin said:take the draw ed and drop it. you’re being petty, misleading and refusing to take accountability. you’re only showing yourself up at this point.

There's a bunch of other claims by Edible that have been debunked in this thread since page 1 that she hasn't even bothered to address.  I'm not sure what the big deal is all of a sudden to defend herself. Little too late in my opinion.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

very true but let’s leave it where it is, the qs ed is posing have already been answered and we don’t need to waste our breath repeating ourselves do we x

Go to page:
Go to: