misinformation (the fact check thread)

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

you initially made it sound like he was alive and well eddy

thank you, i reviewed your source. it is evident that the investigation is ongoing and it would be foolish to draw conclusions with so little information available to the public

thanks jb eddy was kind enough to give us the direct link

ED stop picking a fight and kindly do not insert your drivel into the thread. refer to guidelines (for the millionth time)

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

JohnnyBlaze said:

The image, like so many Rightwing websites are at the moment, is portraying what CNN reported out of context.

Fact: people die of similar events due to natural causes.

(CNN)Investigators are struggling to build a federal murder case regarding fallen US Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, vexed by a lack of evidence that could prove someone caused his death as he defended the Capitol during last month's insurrection.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/brian-sicknick-charges/index.html

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:you initially made it sound like he was alive and well eddy

Fact: he thought he was just fine.

His eldest brother, Ken Sicknick, told ProPublica in an interview published Jan. 8 that Brian Sicknick had texted him on the night on Jan. 6 to tell him he had been pepper-sprayed but felt fine. He told the outlet his brother was dead by the next night, after suffering a stroke.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-riot-brian-sicknick-death-investigation-no-charges-autopsy-results-pending

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

edible words, for gods sakes, you’re talking nonsense. guide. lines. please.

it is far too early to tell what he died of. this is a non issue for both sides as we just do not know

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:you initially made it sound like he was alive and well eddy

thank you, i reviewed your source. it is evident that the investigation is ongoing and it would be foolish to draw conclusions with so little information available to the public

thanks jb eddy was kind enough to give us the direct link

ED stop picking a fight and kindly do not insert your drivel into the thread. refer to guidelines (for the millionth time)

How do I debunk defamatory statements without fact-checking with a linked quote?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i do not count the words out of your mouth as a reliable source. you will have to try harder. or not

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:i do not count the words out of your mouth as a reliable source. you will have to try harder. or not

You cannot rearrange the rules to make defamation a good source of information. Sorry, and I have the receipts.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

it’s only defamation if it’s untrue. maybe you have received some award for activism? perhaps there are testimonials from those you have brought over to your viewpoint. maybe your mum says you never lie.

throwing you a bone here

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

One doesn't have to backpeddle if one doesn't attempt to mislead people.

Nuff said.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:One doesn't have to backpeddle if one doesn't attempt to mislead people.

Nuff said.

What case are you making and what backpedaling are you referring to?

I stand by my verified claim that he died with no blunt trauma injuries. And my verified claim that he told his brother he was fine that night.

Do you care to back up your assertion that I backpedaled in any way?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:it’s only defamation if it’s untrue. maybe you have received some award for activism? perhaps there are testimonials from those you have brought over to your viewpoint. maybe your mum says you never lie.

throwing you a bone here

Excuse me? The burden of proof lies with the accuser who has no evidence to back his defamatory claim.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

there is plenty of evidence, a lot of it in this thread.  
i gave you a chance. i guess even your mammy knows you don’t tell the truth

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:there is plenty of evidence, a lot of it in this thread.  
i gave you a chance. i guess even your mammy knows you don’t tell the truth

You can’t accuse me of lying without evidence. I know I have not lied and have even provided the facts. What facts do you dispute?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

EdibleWords said:

Excuse me? The burden of proof lies with the accuser who has no evidence to back his defamatory claim.

You only clarified that Sicknick died after you were caught perpetuating the possibility that he didn't.

What's equally disgusting is that you continue to infer that Sicknick died of natural causes and not  as a result of what happened during the Capitol riot when the autopsy results are still pending.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

You only clarified that Sicknick died after you were caught perpetuating the possibility that he didn't.

What's equally disgusting is that you continue to infer that Sicknick died of natural causes and not  as a result of what happened during the Capitol riot when the autopsy results are still pending.

Excuse me? I did not say he did not die. Where did I say he was alive???

His brother got word from him that he was just fine after the incident. So he did not die of any injuries.

EDIT to add:

I just at this point realized you thought I was saying he was alive today!

That’s not even debunking anything, JB. That’s just showing your confusion.

Go to page:
Go to: