misinformation (the fact check thread)

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Ahavati said:

I don't see how the screenshot is misinformation? Does it state it was a terrorist attack or something to that nature? Or that buildings have just been evacuated? Which may very well be the truth regardless of the reason?

you’re right ahaviti, technically, but she’s got the spirit of it, im not going to argue that point myself - the idea that it was a terror threat is kind of inferred. understandable they’re a bit jumpy right about now

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

anna_grin said:

you’re right ahaviti, technically, but she’s got the spirit of it, im not going to argue that point myself - the idea that it was a terror threat is kind of inferred. understandable they’re a bit jumpy right about now

Eh.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

This is your brain on air pollution | María Neira
TED

Asthma IN CHILDREN SAD
And we bitch and whine
about vaccines
And people BELIEVE
OUR GOVERNMENT
wants to
keep our children
safe
with vaccines
HAHAHAHA

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

drone. i beg. you are only making yourself look bad.

Onedeadbat
Tom Robertson
Strange Creature
Canada
Joined 20th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2

Agreed

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

anna_grin said:good start, but you need a journalism source to say it was a homeless camp fire.  without at least one, you don’t look credible.

edit: i can see something buried in the Twitter feed, but another source would be ideal.

Hilarious, however, no?

About as hilarious as the amount of weapons they have for defending against slandered non-terrorists who literally just have regular jobs and wanted affordable government. (Fact check, anyone? )

On the other hand, maybe they are ready for another nation (Iran) to attack?

Their actions don’t add up.

I’m really glad I never voted for Trump. And seeing the story playing out, I have as little interest in voting as ever.

The game is just try to play nice and survive the inevitable collapse of a nation that is being overrun and is already overthrown.

(With help from Trump.) He was a remarkably impotent leader. Who appeared too afraid to do the right thing.

America needs a miracle bigger than any human can supply.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

now you’re getting into asshole opinion territory. i don’t recall encouraging you to extrapolate.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:now you’re getting into asshole opinion territory. i don’t recall encouraging you to extrapolate.

What is not forbidden is permitted. (Constitutional principle)

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

EdibleWords said:

What is not forbidden is permitted. (Constitutional principle)

and right you are. permit me to tell you to fuck off with your shite

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:

and right you are. permit me to tell you to fuck off with your shite

Unity.

Fact check: false.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

EdibleWords said:

Unity.

Fact check: false.

don’t imagine you can invoke catch-22 against me, i studied the book

and right you are again! unity is false.

now, that is the end of my part of the discussion. i was glad to hear you were in remission from politics, but should you relapse, this thread will always be here for you.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

anna_grin said:

don’t imagine you can invoke catch-22 against me, i studied the book

and right you are again! unity is false.

now, that is the end of my part of the discussion. i was glad to hear you were in remission from politics, but should you relapse, this thread will always be here for you.

Just stop! I might end up liking you!!! 🤣👍

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499065-lies-damned-lies-and-the-truth-about-joe-biden?amp

theres a plethora of claims here by the Hill. I dunno if the Hill is a Republican publish, but the claims may have merit nonetheless

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

lepperochan said:https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499065-lies-damned-lies-and-the-truth-about-joe-biden?amp

theres a plethora of claims here by the Hill. I dunno if the Hill is a Republican publish, but the claims may have merit nonetheless

May have. It's an 8 month old opinion piece concerning events going back 30+ years.

I would imagine multiple Fact Check Sites have already addressed the claims ..?

If this thread has evolved into plopping anything scraped from the Internet into DUP so other people can spend the day fact checking it, good luck with that. There's not enough time in the day.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

lepperochan said:https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499065-lies-damned-lies-and-the-truth-about-joe-biden?amp

thanks, Lep, that’s what a credible source looks like.  though it’s clearly labelled as an opinion piece, it does a fair job of it.

Go to page:
Go to: