drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

Valeriyabeyond said:

Don't apologize sweetheart
It's fair ❤️

bw, im gonna have to ask you to be responsible for taking this argument outside, which i know is not fair.

drone, take your batteries out, please

Don't apologize sweetheart
It's fair ❤️
ER
does that mean one
of us
or both of us
coz the word sweetheart
means
one

Valeriyabeyond
I  Apologize
I Was Wrong

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

drone, she’s talking to me. I’ll ask you again: if you’ve found some misinformation and want to lay out exactly what where and why it is wrong, be my everloving guest. if you want to argue, post spurious or unrelated links, or be annoying, do it somewhere else.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

anna_grin said:bw, im gonna have to ask you to be responsible for taking this argument outside, which i know is not fair.

drone, take your batteries out, please

OK

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

anna_grin said:drone, she’s talking to me. I’ll ask you again: if you’ve found some misinformation and want to lay out exactly what where and why it is wrong, be my everloving guest. if you want to argue, post spurious or unrelated links, or be annoying, do it somewhere else.

OK

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

drone said:How to 'Drain the Swamp' in 7 Steps | Larry Elder
62,387 views•Jan 13, 2021
Larry Elder with Epoch Times

I love this guy

He’s cool! I love the Epoch Times in general! 😎👍

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Sorry , Anna

Done...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Blackwolf said:Sorry , Anna

Done...

thanks bw x

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Disinformation is dangerous. We fight it with facts and expertise
Scientists know a great deal about human coronaviruses.
But
we don’t know it all

And there is a chance that scientists failed to identify a coronavirus pandemic in the 19th century. This brief introduction looks at the growing dynasty, as well as the one that we may have missed which could have a lot to teach scientists about COVID-19 and the human immune response.

Family relations
The International Committee for the Taxonomy of Viruses has approved the naming of more than 40 coronaviruses. The vast majority of these infect animals. The COVID-19 outbreak has brought the number of identified coronaviruses that infect humans to seven. Four of these are community acquired and have circulated through the human population continually for a very long time.

The other three – SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 – appear to have jumped to the human population more recently. Worryingly, these three result in a high mortality rate.

All coronaviruses are zoonotic. They start off in animals and can then, following mutation, recombination and adaptation, be passed on to humans.

Many animal coronaviruses cause long-term or persistent enzootic infections: they infect animals in a particular locale or during a particular season. At the same time, these animal coronaviruses have co-evolved and adapted with their reservoir host over a very long time. For this reason, the zoonotic coronaviruses don’t typically cause symptoms in their reservoir host. Even if they do, symptoms are very mild.

The worry, though, is that these extended periods of animal coronavirus infection – together with a high recombination rate with other viruses as well as a high mutation rate – increase the probability of a coronavirus mutant developing the ability to jump to another host.

There is speculation that when an animal coronavirus enters this new host, the severity of the disease is significantly increased at the start of a new round of adaptation between the coronavirus and the new host. It is speculated – but not yet proven – that only after a very long period of adaptation and co-evolution could the new host adapt enough to the virus to be able to fight it off more effectively. This would result in milder symptoms.

The seven human coronaviruses have been reported to have domestic and wild mammals as intermediate and amplifying hosts. This means that they transitioned into humans via a few other animals after originating probably in bats and rodents.

The four community-acquired human coronaviruses – meaning that they are acquired or arise in the general population – typically cause mild cold-like symptoms in humans. Two of them, hCoV-OC43 and hCoV-229E, have been responsible for between 10% and 30% of all common colds since about the 1960s.

Even though these coronaviruses cause infections throughout the year, spikes in infections occur during the winter and early spring months. As with other respiratory viruses, such as the influenza virus, the reasons for this are not entirely clear. This group of human coronaviruses typically infects all age groups; multiple reinfections are common throughout the lifespan of humans.

One we might have missed
Molecular dating is used in the biological sciences to estimate the age of evolutionary events. It has frequently been used to investigate the origin of viral epidemics.

In 2005, a research group from Belgium postulated that the ancestor of hCoV-OC43 – one of the current human coronaviruses responsible for a common cold – jumped from cattle to humans, leading to what they described as

a pandemic of respiratory disease recorded around 1890 in human history.

The researchers argue that in the second half of the 19th century a highly infectious respiratory disease with a high mortality rate, now known as contagious bovine pleuropneumonia, affected cattle herds around the world. Even though most industrialised countries mounted massive culling operations in the period between 1870 and 1890 and were able to eradicate the disease by the beginning of the 20th century, it is plausible that the culling personnel, animal handlers and farmers could have been exposed to coronavirus-infected bovine respiratory secretions.
Around the same time as this coronavirus jump from cow to human could have taken place, a human epidemic attributed to influenza was spreading around the world. This 1889-1890 pandemic was characterised by a general feeling of illness and discomfort, fever, and pronounced central nervous system symptoms. Strangely, the observed central nervous system symptoms were more pronounced during this epidemic than in other influenza outbreaks.
More than one million fatalities were linked to this pandemic. A significant increase in case fatality with increasing age was reported; this means that, as early findings on COVID-19 would suggest, the elderly were harder hit. Even though modern-day science investigation has linked this epidemic to an H2N2 influenza virus, absolute evidence linking this flu virus to the epidemic was never obtained. This is primarily due to the lack of preserved tissue samples from that period.
So if the influenza virus was not the virus responsible for the 1889-1890 pandemic, could there be another culprit? Since the most recent ancestor of the bovine coronavirus and hCoV-O43 was also traced to about 1890, and hCoV-OC43 is now known to have potential to invade and attack the nervous system, could the 1889-1890 pandemic have been the result of the jump of cow coronaviruses to humans?
If the answer is “yes”, the next question is this: could the adaptation and co-evolution in the 130 years since the pandemic explain why CoV-OC43 currently causes only mild cold-like symptoms in humans? How is it that the selfsame virus that killed one million people in the 1890s now causes no more than a few uncomfortable sniffles?
This could possibly be a key case study in herd immunity
Stephen Khan

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Greece Records 1,155 New Cases, 78 Deaths Thursday
Greece recorded a total of 1,155 new cases of Covid-19 on Thursday, and 78 people with the virus passed away in the 24-hour-period. Currently, 542 patients with Covid-19 are intubated in Greece.
Yesterday, Wednesday, 1,190 cases of the virus were diagnosed in Greece, and a total of 85 people passed away with the virus on Wednesday, which is seven more than the deaths recorded on Thursday.
For the past four days, the number of intubated patients in Greece has remained around 550, indicating some stabilization in the amount of patients requiring intensive treatment.
In total, 128,710 cases of Covid-19 have been recorded in the country since the beginning of the pandemic, including all those who have recovered from the virus. Of this total, 5,171 are associated with foreign travel, and 37,197 are associated with contact with a known case.
Of the 542 patients intubated currently, 77.7% are over the age of 70 or suffer from preexisting conditions. Their median age is 66, and 165 of the patients are female. A total of 782 patients have been discharged from ICUs around the country since the beginning of the pandemic.
The 78 new deaths recorded on Thursday bring the total number of fatalities in the country to 3,948. Of all those who lost their lives after suffering from the virus, a total of 1,585 have been female.

The median age of those who passed away with Covid-19 is 79, and 95.6% of them were over the age of 70 or suffered from underlying health issues.

What find strange
is the fact
on all the big news outlets
they say how many have this virus
how many have died
But
They don't tell us
The median age
of those who passed away
i wonder why
how many children have it
how many have died 1 2  100
Thousands
why are the schools closed

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

anna_grin said:claim: 13 elderly people in Norway have died as a result of vaccine side effects

(some sites are reporting 29 deaths 13 of which were investigated)

truth: 29 elderly people in care homes have suffered various side effects. 13 have died shortly after vaccination.  all 13 have been investigated. while no clear link has been found, Norwegian officials advise that the especially frail or terminally ill may not benefit much from the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/norway-adjusts-advice-after-vaccine-deaths-but-isnt-alarmed/2021/01/15/d69cfa84-572d-11eb-acc5-92d2819a1ccb_story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

washington post article explains it all

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

drone, i am repeating myself, and i hate to repeat myself. your latest post is off topic as it is not a refutation of anything. i would have allowed your herd immunity post as it is at least of scientific interest, but you have already posted it in another forum. it doesn’t need to exist here.

no discussion. take it elsewhere.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

Leave your batteries in Drone while you ignore leftist trying to censor speech... Something said only by cowards with an argument that can't withstand a debate...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

runaway-mindtrain said:Leave your batteries in Drone while you ignore leftist trying to censor speech... Something said only by cowards with an argument that can't withstand a debate...

im asking that you follow the guidelines of this thread.

a) stay on topic

b) your post should be regarding some piece of misinformation that requires correcting

c) you should have credible sources to back yourself up.

if that proves too difficult, yes, i do ask you to leave, and take your posts with you. this thread is hard to manage without moderator support, and i have no authority to silence anyone, but that doesn’t stop me directing you to the exit. honestly I’m doing it so much i could be a god damn flight attendant.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Heated Vaccine Debate - Kennedy Jr. vs Dershowitz
Valuetainment

For and against

Go to page:
Go to: