saw this, thought of you

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 376

EdibleWords said:Cost v benefits - this pandemic has been handled very poorly. The cure has been worse than the disease. But people who fear it strongly want authoritarianism. At the very least confirmation bias steers their reaction to everything being done in the name of safety.

As a person who just finished three rounds of chemo, I think it must be awfully nice to look at the lives and long-term health of other human beings as a cost v benefit scenario .  

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2409

lepperochan said:saw this, thought of you

🤣👍

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

LunaGreyhawk said:

As a person who just finished three rounds of chemo, I think it must be awfully nice to look at the lives and long-term health of other human beings as a cost v benefit scenario .  

Actually, Iím looking at suicides, people denied access to cancer screenings, and starving New Mexico. The number of dead from C19 reactions outweigh the dead from C19 itself.

Speaking as someone grateful that you lived! Thank God!

I know a woman who chose death (but survived anyway!) over the repercussions of a therapy for bowel disease that was worse than death.

I know of a 90 year old lady who chose assisted suicide over lockdown #2. She hated loneliness that much. It was her greatest fear.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

https://youtu.be/K0xdLMvTtA4

And in Australia a young man was choked unconscious and thrown down like a rag doll because he had no mask on. Thatís too high a cost.

A young boy 4 years old, his mother and pediatrician reported he almost died because of a mask induced lung infection.

Old people are screaming let me die vs lockdown! They are afraid of the repercussions to everyone including themselves.

I believe the goal of lockdowns is death, not survival. Just look at starving New Mexico. Essential businesses are shut. People will die there from lockdown, no question.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 8th July 2019

Iím not picking on you in particular, Edible, but I spent over 25 years in the medical field.  Youíll pardon me if I discard Internet conspiracies and tabloid sound bites over mine and my colleaguesí actual education and experience with infectious viruses.  I was employed in the medical field when the initial SARS outbreak occurred, years ago.  Losing a patient a week, watching them drown from the inside out, might give you a bit of a better perspective.  Or maybe not.  When you throw out all the progress weíve made in the areas of scientific understanding, I suppose it leaves room to believe all kinds of theories that have no basis in reality.  If you had that education or experience, you might understand why people who are actually working in ICUís right now have no time to take people comparing this virus to the flu seriously.  

Suicides?  Be my guest.  If you donít want to be here anymore, then by all means, you have the right not to be.  I believe in physical autonomy, except where it infringes on the rights of so many others, particularly where those ďothersĒ among you are the least able to defend themselves.  All so you can what?  Get that Starbucks?  Consume ever more useless crap in a world of rapidly declining resources?  Itís amazing to me how many throw out praises to ďGodĒ while worshipping that almighty dollar instead.  

If you believe that 270K (and growing by the day) Americans are an acceptable loss so that this system based on unfettered consumption can continue on its merry way, then you have the right to your beliefs.  Iím not here to change your mind.  Iím only here to dispel the myth that this virus will only happen to those ďotherĒ people.  Again, just a little basic scientific knowledge about the way viruses behave is enough for most of us to understand that in the end, it wonít just come for your weak and feeble.  

I suppose in the end, it will all come down to the virusí will to adapt and survive vs our own.  

If thereís any conspiracy out there, Iíd agree that our education system is failing a lot of you at around the fifth grade level when it comes to math and science.  Other than that, itís just watching a bunch of politicians with no real interests except their own power play roulette with millions of lives at stake.  

We can agree the whole thing has been handled badly.  How a medical pandemic became a political soapbox  is astounding to have witnessed.  

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3421

Extremely Well Spoken , Luna !

You are one of the ones who has seen the reality ,
and I am sorry for that yet highly respect your work...

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

LunaGreyhawk said:Iím not picking on you in particular, Edible, but I spent over 25 years in the medical field.  

Well, God bless. Iím sure you served with distinction. 💖👍

My husband is a trained medical combat veteran who saw active duty on the front lines in the first Gulf war and was trained by medical doctors himself.

As a free-birthing mother whoís had all ten and soon my eleventh, at home, Iím well aware of how in standard practice there is very little evidence based practice.

Youíll pardon me if I discard Internet conspiracies and tabloid sound bites over mine and my colleaguesí actual education and experience with infectious viruses.

I believe in facts as well. I think you would be surprised at how much Iíve educated myself and not in ďtabloid media medicine.Ē

I was employed in the medical field when the initial SARS outbreak occurred, years ago.  Losing a patient a week, watching them drown from the inside out, might give you a bit of a better perspective.  Or maybe not.  

Considering what youíve seen and the reports youíve seen on CNN that all paints a real picture. But itís a propaganda machine filled with misinformation as well.

Did you know fatality rates are now down by 85% thanks to new therapies?

Did you know the gross numbers you cite include stabbings, blunt trauma such as motorcycle accidents, and other serious complications? Georgie Floyd is one such associated death.

The actual numbers of Covid without serious  comorbidity is MUCH SMALLER.

Like around 10,000. Not a serious number at all.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/working-stiff/88141

When you throw out all the progress weíve made in the areas of scientific understanding, I suppose it leaves room to believe all kinds of theories that have no basis in reality.

Iím not one of those claiming that math and science are racist,so donít include me in that one!

If you had that education or experience, you might understand why people who are actually working in ICUís right now have no time to take people comparing this virus to the flu seriously.

They are suffering massive moral burnout. Checkout this video

https://youtu.be/z2VcMQgxg5M Go to the 55 minutes for the bottom line... she was stabbed while healthy and then everything after was covid (code ; ignore until ventilated)

to understand my take on covid suffering. I believe that itís a more complicated story that SARS could have ever been.

Suicides?  Be my guest.  If you donít want to be here anymore, then by all means, you have the right not to be.  I believe in physical autonomy, except where it infringes on the rights of so many others, particularly where those ďothersĒ among you are the least able to defend themselves.  All so you can what?  Get that Starbucks?  Consume ever more useless crap in a world of rapidly declining resources?  Itís amazing to me how many throw out praises to ďGodĒ while worshipping that almighty dollar instead.  

You didnít just say itís better to commit suicide If you cannot stand lockdown torture... as a granny ...than be with your grandkids? Wouldnít dying of covid be more sensible?

Shouldnít THAT be a option!?

If you believe that 270K (and growing by the day) Americans are an acceptable loss so that this system based on unfettered consumption can continue on its merry way, then you have the right to your beliefs.  Iím not here to change your mind.  Iím only here to dispel the myth that this virus will only happen to those ďotherĒ people.  Again, just a little basic scientific knowledge about the way viruses behave is enough for most of us to understand that in the end, it wonít just come for your weak and feeble.  

Thatís not understanding my position but the above should clarify.

I suppose in the end, it will all come down to the virusí will to adapt and survive vs our own.  

The virus needs living hosts to be a success. It will attenuate like AIDS. And medicine is catching up.

If thereís any conspiracy out there, Iíd agree that our education system is failing a lot of you at around the fifth grade level when it comes to math and science.  Other than that, itís just watching a bunch of politicians with no real interests except their own power play roulette with millions of lives at stake.  

Essential services are being cut off in New Mexico, ahem. People will die of untreated cancer because of Covid. As well as other sick people.

We can agree the whole thing has been handled badly.  How a medical pandemic became a political soapbox  is astounding to have witnessed.  

Personal health should never be political but thatís medical tyranny for you. 👍

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Who here thinks women should birth in a hospital these days?

poet Anonymous

EdibleWords said:Who here thinks women should birth in a hospital these days?

Wouldnít know.
People who usually know about all that and relationships, are people who havenít got anyone.
Best of luck.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 8th July 2019

ďConsidering what youíve seen and the reports youíve seen on CNN that all paints a real picture. But itís a propaganda machine filled with misinformation as well.Ē

You talk about non-propaganda education and yet most everything youíve shared here comes from YouTube.  No offense, but no thank you.  You are mistaking me for someone that watches any of the horse shit that comes from Fox News OR CNN OR YouTube OR who takes stock in any source of information with an already-established agenda firmly camped in one side or the other of this thing.  Or for someone who is on the opposite side of your particular political bent.  Itís always so black and white with those who have taken up such bricked-in residence on their chosen side.  I have no such need to be belong to someone elseís bandwagon, so weíll leave all of that off the table for the purpose of this discussion.  

This is not a matter of opinion vs. propaganda.  This is not my opinion against yours, or my propaganda machine against your propaganda machine.  Again, I have no interest whatsoever in changing your mind.   I said nothing about racism or CNN, so fishing around to try to pin me to a particular set of affiliations, actions, or beliefs is just going to result in a frustrating waste of both of our precious time.  

This is a matter of fact, in regards to a virus and how it behaves by its very scientific nature, vs how we as human beings are responding to it.  That is literally the only thing Iím speaking about.

I donít rely on YouTube for anything except how to macrame jute angels and crochet baby blankets, so again youíll excuse me if I donít add any more overly loud, entirely overexcited nonsense with blocked blurbs of text all over it to dumb down and explain to me whatís happening in a video I can see plainly with my own eyes.  

And on a parting note: I mean, my (ex)husband is a Master Tech for Volvo heavy machinery, trained for nearly 30 years by engineers and the people who designed the machines; that surely doesnít mean Iím qualified to speak on the subject by proxy.  You speak as though your husband working in the medical field after being trained by ďmedical doctorsĒ as some type of evidence that you, too know how it all works, and then in the next sentence state that doctors donít know what they're doing.  Which is it?  

When you have seen and attended to dying patients in the middle of an outbreak personally, with your own education and with your own hands, then Iíd say you have something with which to  compare those particular experiences.  Until then, Iíll rely on the vast majority of doctors and scientists who know more than I do, who are taking this virus seriously without wide-eyed panic, and who speak from educational institutions and not social media platforms.  

And with that, Iím bowing out of this conversation, and I wish you well.  Iím not responding any further as I have stated my position and you have stated yours, multiple times in this thread now.  You have not a snowballís chance in hell of changing my mind, just as I am sure my chances of changing yours hover right around that same mark.  

And honestly Edible, hope youíre right, that not one person has died or will die of this virus without some kind of existing comorbidity.  But I mean, this is America, after all.  270,000 people having underlying conditions that aided in their deaths (from a virus that is supposedly no worse than the flu) tells me a whole lot of folks living in a country packed to the brim with morbidly overweight, self-entitled, instant-gratification addicted, unhealthy people are about to be in deep shit if we donít find a better way to wrap our heads around life going forward.  

All the best,
Luna

poet Anonymous

A 100 million vaccine capsules to be delivered fast...to people under the age of 50.
Government really looking out for the vulnerable lol

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

LunaGreyhawk said:

This is not a matter of opinion vs. propaganda.  This is not my opinion against yours, or my propaganda machine against your propaganda machine.  Again, I have no interest whatsoever in changing your mind.   I said nothing about racism or CNN, so fishing around to try to pin me to a particular set of affiliations, actions, or beliefs is just going to result in a frustrating waste of both of our precious time.  

I understand. You are not coming from the perspective I thought you were. However, you seem convinced the virus is dangerous enough to restrict normal liberties.

Thatís a serious opinion, and if you were going to respond I would ask - but is it rooted in fact or the opinion of globalists trying to reset world politics? Anyone else can take the question.

Notice that the CDC says the death rate for 70 yrs old is 0.054 vs flu at 0.1 deaths per case.

This is a matter of fact, in regards to a virus and how it behaves by its very scientific nature, vs how we as human beings are responding to it.  That is literally the only thing Iím speaking about.

So if we are going by science, we should give it as much attention or less - than the flu! Itís science by the CDC numbers!

And on a parting note: I mean, my (ex)husband is a Master Tech for Volvo heavy machinery, trained for nearly 30 years by engineers and the people who designed the machines; that surely doesnít mean Iím qualified to speak on the subject by proxy.  You speak as though your husband working in the medical field after being trained by ďmedical doctorsĒ as some type of evidence that you, too know how it all works, and then in the next sentence state that doctors donít know what they're doing.  Which is it?  

How long do you have to know mechanics before you spot that they get things wrong and exaggerate the work that needs to be done?

Itís like knowing a car salesman.

When you have seen and attended to dying patients in the middle of an outbreak personally, with your own education and with your own hands, then Iíd say you have something with which to  compare those particular experiences.  Until then, Iíll rely on the vast majority of doctors and scientists who know more than I do, who are taking this virus seriously without wide-eyed panic, and who speak from educational institutions and not social media platforms.

If my individual liberties are at stake, then I will not rely on car salesmen or doctors, but rather, demand information and informed consent.

And with that, Iím bowing out of this conversation, and I wish you well.  Iím not responding any further as I have stated my position and you have stated yours, multiple times in this thread now.  You have not a snowballís chance in hell of changing my mind, just as I am sure my chances of changing yours hover right around that same mark.  

So which of us has confirmation bias? I love you as a sister, dear friend.

And honestly Edible, hope youíre right, that not one person has died or will die of this virus without some kind of existing comorbidity.  But I mean, this is America, after all.  270,000 people having underlying conditions that aided in their deaths (from a virus that is supposedly no worse than the flu) tells me a whole lot of folks living in a country packed to the brim with morbidly overweight, self-entitled, instant-gratification addicted, unhealthy people are about to be in deep shit if we donít find a better way to wrap our heads around life going forward.  

All the best,
Luna

If we were in danger from the virus, and it wasnít a big game to destroy us then Iím sure you would see more cooperation from me.

As it stands, I think you are an awesome gal with some real-life experience. I just donít think you realize how much care Iíve invested in this topic and not from a pseudo intellectual place. However Iím not really up for a detailed discussion at this moment, anyway. Itís all up in my head, and google wants to make everything extra hard to use their search tools with their silly deep state games.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Oh, look at that... not so scary... New Jersey...

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ricky-sJournals said:A 100 million vaccine capsules to be delivered fast...to people under the age of 50.
Government really looking out for the vulnerable lol

Great point, Ricky. No vas 4 me. Iíve already been exposed.

Go to page:
Go to: