Go to page:

* The Meditation Room *

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359

JohnnyBlaze said:

I remember reading it during the dark days of my RL troubles.

"dumpstered potluck"

Now that's a word feast!



LOL! Those were somewhat dark days for me too. I think I viewed most things through a melancholic filter.

anna_grin said:fun fact of the day a seagull is really a herring gull and they move inland when rain storms disrupt their ability to fish as the herrings they crave dive too deep into the ocean x

they are also ruthless chip thieves and basically the biggest crime gang in Skegness


And to a melancholy poet a seagull can be a lost, lonely, forlorn soul making the best of dumpstered potlock!

But seriously, while they do fly inland to avoid storms, they are also blown much further inland than they'd like at times. I remember one hurricane here in NC that blew an entire flock of chimney swifts  almost 700 miles away in deposited them here in western NC!




anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

woah we do not get weather like that here at all that's mad

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359

anna_grin said:woah we do not get weather like that here at all that's mad

It was driving me crazy trying to remember that storm. It was Sandy in 2012.

https://slate.com/technology/2012/10/sandy-2012-what-do-birds-do-in-a-hurricane.html

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

mental.... a storm is so destructive yet it brings beautiful birds you'd not otherwise see.  i'm sure there is a meditation in that somewhere x

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359

anna_grin said:mental.... a storm is so destructive yet it brings beautiful birds you'd not otherwise see.  i'm sure there is a meditation in that somewhere x

Exactly! It's like Mother Nature said, 'Here; you-all need some of these!"

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359


‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Daily Oracle ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Moonology—

Tonight la Luna transits from Scorpio into Sagittarius. Pay attention to the way you feel around 8:30 PM this evening when she also transits from third to fourth quarter waning.  See if your mood shifts in any way; this is attuning to the Moon, who has the push pull over your own waters as she does those of the oceans.

Remember, a waning moon signifies rest, study, meditation, and a little magic ( but nothing as heavy as banishing harmful energies ). The magic you should do right now is a daily protective one.

It's a great day to wear purple and burn yarrow.

Today's ruling planet is Venus, which signifies love, friendships, reconciliation, and beauty. It also plays right into today's pull.

Balsamic Moon: A time for healing

Now is the time to allow the past to be the past; a bright future is beckoning! However, before you take the next step, make sure that both you and the situation feel healed. Surrender and wait on the Universe, and when all feels healed move forward. Remember: When One is Healed, All are Healed.

You are about to turn the corner, but need to completely heal so you don't knock the scab off in the future. It takes patience to wait for the right time to move forward. A good exercise to perform while healing is visualization! Envision what the situation would be like if all parties were healed. Imagine the feeling of peace, unity, and love.

This exercise will promote healing while applying a balm to your wounded heart. Trust in the Source to bestow upon you the knowledge and wisdom you need to apply it when the time is right, and KNOW that your time to shine is coming.

Sooner than you think.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Happy Day All! ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

I have a slightly unrelated question today. due to a glut of moldavite in the market a lot of people are becoming interested. a lot of other people are saying it’s a big scary powerful energy you shouldn’t fuck with till you’re “ready”.

this all sounds a bit like othering to me, similar to how voodoo is seen as evil when it’s really not, or ouija boards being called black magic when they’re a spiritual renaissance board game based on older, mostly lost spirit board traditions.  im tired of seeing posts basically scaring people away from buying a stone. unless it’s unethically mined i think people should mind their business

any thoughts am i just extra grumpy today?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359


It is definitely in all that you personally believe: For so a man thinks, he is; or, it is.

Moldavite is one of my favorite stones ( or talismans ) simply because it's petrified stardust. Literally. Its mother is a volcano and father a meteor. Thus, it is born from the fire of impact, and destined to serve. It's classified in the Tektite ( from the Greek word tektos, literally meaning molten ) group of natural glasses formed from interplanetary collisions. I mean seriously, how cool is that? Moldavite differs from other worldly tektites in that it is the only shade of green, whereas others are dark or brownish black. This is what distinguishes them within the category.

Many do experience a powerful connection to the stone ( I mean, after all, it is a stone of connectivity ) when they first begin to work with it. Some feel a heat, particularly in the hand, while others feel as though their heart chakra has been activated. It's known among crystal mavens as a catalyst for personal evolution and spirituality.

I personally love the wrinkled aspects of the crystal because it, to me, appears fluid—as flowing water that has been frozen in glass. Or sand across a dessert. Or the tail of a meteor through space. It's very essence is movement - this is the opposite of stagnancy and indecision, which may be why some are wary of using it, and admonish caution. I do personally think that when anyone uses a stone they should know its history, if nothing but out of reverence for its existence and willingness to align with our own frequency.

That is exactly what crystals do—they of dust and ash; the soul of Mother Earth, and connect with human vibrations through those of their own. If you're tired of the bullshit; if you're ready to activate that heart chakra and counteract negativity, wear or carry one on your person all day. It will keep your vibration aligned to that frequency.

I am currently remodeling my home in shades of clary sage and orange. There will be much citrine, moldavite, and various shades of flourite about the place.

It's a beautiful crystal that should not be feared except for the ignorance that many won't afford it's origin and power.

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

thank you 🙏 as i understand it the Czech Republic has recently come across a large deposit which is what has ignited this interest.  i don’t know if this is all truly fear of forign magic and stones not typically found in western practices or just people trying their best to feel special and like they have the keys to the moldavite kingdom, but it has been really irritating me. i will have a look into getting one

ironically the people who it would be protecting me from are the people going mad over it in the first place 😂

(what’s happening is less people educating and more just saying things like “if you’re not sure, it means you’re not ready” and “wait until it comes to you” and “do your shadow work first” and other nonsense)

like literally if you buy it and feel some too strong energy from it there is nothing stopping you putting it in a drawer somewhere for later.  anyway. thank you

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359

Czechoslovakia is the ONLY place in the world moldavite can be found. It was the origin of the collision millions of years ago. It's exciting they found a large deposit! I've often wondered if it's been excavated to death.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 480

Ahavati said:It is definitely in all that you personally believe: For so a man thinks, he is; or, it is.

Moldavite is one of my favorite stones ( or talismans ) simply because it's petrified stardust. Literally. Its mother is a volcano and father a meteor. Thus, it is born from the fire of impact, and destined to serve. It's classified in the Tektite ( from the Greek word tektos, literally meaning molten ) group of natural glasses formed from interplanetary collisions. I mean seriously, how cool is that? Moldavite differs from other worldly tektites in that it is the only shade of green, whereas others are dark or brownish black. This is what distinguishes them within the category.

Many do experience a powerful connection to the stone ( I mean, after all, it is a stone of connectivity ) when they first begin to work with it. Some feel a heat, particularly in the hand, while others feel as though their heart chakra has been activated. It's known among crystal mavens as a catalyst for personal evolution and spirituality.

I personally love the wrinkled aspects of the crystal because it, to me, appears fluid—as flowing water that has been frozen in glass. Or sand across a dessert. Or the tail of a meteor through space. It's very essence is movement - this is the opposite of stagnancy and indecision, which may be why some are wary of using it, and admonish caution. I do personally think that when anyone uses a stone they should know its history, if nothing but out of reverence for its existence and willingness to align with our own frequency.

That is exactly what crystals do—they of dust and ash; the soul of Mother Earth, and connect with human vibrations through those of their own. If you're tired of the bullshit; if you're ready to activate that heart chakra and counteract negativity, wear or carry one on your person all day. It will keep your vibration aligned to that frequency.

I am currently remodeling my home in shades of clary sage and orange. There will be much citrine, moldavite, and various shades of flourite about the place.

It's a beautiful crystal that should not be feared except for the ignorance that many won't afford it's origin and power.
.

I have a lovely pice of moldavite in my (still packed) collection of crystals.  It’s on my list for this weekend, though.  I bought it from an old crystal shop in Colorado - it felt warm when I picked it up and I remember picking it up and thinking, “well, I think that means you’re supposed to come home with me” lol!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359

LunaGreyhawk said:.

I have a lovely pice of moldavite in my (still packed) collection of crystals.  It’s on my list for this weekend, though.  I bought it from an old crystal shop in Colorado - it felt warm when I picked it up and I remember picking it up and thinking, “well, I think that means you’re supposed to come home with me” lol!


Oh yeah; that's definitely a sign. I used to love hand-shopping them. It's always amazing the ones that choose you. I am happy thing are getting back to normal as far as the virus; shows should reopen soon.

rabbitquest
rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1841


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10359

rabbitquest said:Humanity

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeMG2sAA/


I love that. Animals. xo

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 480

It is my goal to attend the Tucson show again someday.  I’ve been once and it was just an amazing experience!

Go to page:
Go to: