Go to page:

* The Meditation Room *

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

You would be hearing correctly then. Seriously, a disseminating Moon means don't push it! It's time will come!

And then all throughout April the Moon will be like, I'm not touching you! Did you write that poem yet? I'm not touching you! Did you post that graphic yet? I'm not touching you! Did you .....

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14554

I will probably forget what the moon looks like in April!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

I read this as you made your point take a chill pill (in relation to du) and in life to look after my health

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:I read this as you made your point take a chill pill (in relation to du) and in life to look after my health

If it's one thing I have learned, it's that the cards never lie in whatever message they provide. And it can be a million different messages for a million different recipients. That's the beauty of them: they touch the uniqueness within us all.

I, for one, am looking forward to that new book!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i shouldn’t have hyped it up so early it’s going to take a fair bit of time to assemble if i want to do it right 🥲

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:i shouldn’t have hyped it up so early it’s going to take a fair bit of time to assemble if i want to do it right 🥲

From what I read ( and barely edited, honestly ) it was almost finished ( sans the illustrations and such ). Or are you compiling a new one?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

im putting together three at once because i am clinically insane. it’s not the poems I’m having issue with, it’s the huge high quality image files im using and putting it all together in a format acceptable to the publisher (I’m using or will be using a uk small run printing service)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:im putting together three at once because i am clinically insane. it’s not the poems I’m having issue with, it’s the huge high quality image files im using and putting it all together in a format acceptable to the publisher (I’m using or will be using a uk small run printing service)

Good! Support local ( although it might be advisable to focus on one at a time ( and if you run across something that would benefit one of the other two, then by all means file it there ) ).

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

pretty much all of the material is still on here except for what’s in anaerobic inhale, and I’ll be removing them from here gradually as i complete 🙂 my attention deficit actually means that by doing three at once im more likely to be able to keep my focus because i can switch it up if i start to wander 😂

if anyone wants to archive anything of mine for any reason I’ll give a heads up nearer the time x

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:pretty much all of the material is still on here except for what’s in anaerobic inhale, and I’ll be removing them from here gradually as i complete 🙂 my attention deficit actually means that by doing three at once im more likely to be able to keep my focus because i can switch it up if i start to wander 😂

if anyone wants to archive anything of mine for any reason I’ll give a heads up nearer the time x

I ain't worried! I'll wait for the book(s)!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

**✿❀Daily Oracle❀✿**

I've been outside for hours this morning communing with the animals, who all seem to be a flurry with spring in their step. It's gorgeous here! Doors wide open and birdsong, squirrel chatter, and various rustling in the bushes going on.

I've selected the Sacred Soul Animals deck today:

SEAGULL: Resourcefulness

Ironically, we actually have seagulls here that have been blown inland by hurricanes. I often watch then and wonder if they prefer it inland; or, they just can't manage to find their way home. One would think, at their elevational advantage, they would be able to see the horizon, thus the ocean; therefore, I prefer to think they've become comfortable in their new environment. And that is just what Seagull represents: stepping out of your comfort zone.

Seagull is resourceful, as demonstrated by its resilience hours inland, away from its natural environment. Thus it's resourceful and finds new opportunities outside of its normal thinking of fish at 5:00 AM.

It remains, fearlessly taking risks amid this new sanctuary born of circumstance. It is highly adaptable in its abilities, and so are humans.

None of us are stuck in our situation. We can call forth our independence and carefree attitude to fly above the situation and view it, as Seagull, from a higher perspective. We, as Seagull, can recognize the opportunity and take full advantage of it.

Seagull Qualities: resourcefulness, opportunity, independence, carefree, productivity, creativity, fearless, ingenuity, adaptability, risk-taking, communication.

Affirmation: I am resourceful in finding new opportunities that propel me forward in my life.

Regardless of where the winds of life may blow you from time to time, rise above what you see to view from an elevation which gives you full opportunity to take advantage of new opportunities! Accept. Adapt. Evolve.

**✿❀ Happy Day All! ❀✿**

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

And like Anna's crow, seagulls LOVE fast food restaurants! Which adds to the theme of making the best of circumstances and what is available. Fast food is not always nutritional, yet a body can make optimal use of it. We say that some people are blessed with a great metabolism when it comes to constantly eating what is considered junk food, when the reality often is they simply aren't stressing themselves out over what is being eaten. So, be a seagull for a day here and there, go for those French fries in the parking lot of Wendy's, and live it up!

xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Absolution

The wind is a trapped bird entangled in distance,  
a refugee gull blown inland by a category two storm.  
That angers her, because in younger years  
it would take a five to separate her from the shore.  

She hovers over McDonalds and Rite Aid for processed energy  
to sustain her flight home, diving for concrete water life:  
fries rolling like eels between cars and hamburger buns  
opening like clams from warm-waves of the sun.  

Sometimes resentment gives way to memory: hermit crabs,  
platoons of foam capturing the beach and sandpipers  
defending against a navy of tourists. She hears the sea  
under the sound of a tire when it rains, puddled waves  
of mud slamming against the jutted cleft of a curb.  

Deep in dark she forgets the drunken alley and dumpstered  
potluck, the sewer smell and sound of shattered glass, crack  
of rat bone between the teeth of a cat, and waxes like the tide  
into a sunrise of five am over a fishermen gutting a pike  
to deeply ingest the smell of blood before waking to ask,  

'Is that what forgiveness would taste like?'  

~
Written by Ahavati
Go To Page  

Almost didn't remember the title to this. I thought it ironic in lieu of your comment. This poem is a testament to my own personal growth since writing it. My views have totally changed.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

fun fact of the day a seagull is really a herring gull and they move inland when rain storms disrupt their ability to fish as the herrings they crave dive too deep into the ocean x

they are also ruthless chip thieves and basically the biggest crime gang in Skegness

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Absolution

The wind is a trapped bird entangled in distance,  
a refugee gull blown inland by a category two storm.  
That angers her, because in younger years  
it would take a five to separate her from the shore.  

She hovers over McDonalds and Rite Aid for processed energy  
to sustain her flight home, diving for concrete water life:  
fries rolling like eels between cars and hamburger buns  
opening like clams from warm-waves of the sun.  

Sometimes resentment gives way to memory: hermit crabs,  
platoons of foam capturing the beach and sandpipers  
defending against a navy of tourists. She hears the sea  
under the sound of a tire when it rains, puddled waves  
of mud slamming against the jutted cleft of a curb.  

Deep in dark she forgets the drunken alley and dumpstered  
potluck, the sewer smell and sound of shattered glass, crack  
of rat bone between the teeth of a cat, and waxes like the tide  
into a sunrise of five am over a fishermen gutting a pike  
to deeply ingest the smell of blood before waking to ask,  

'Is that what forgiveness would taste like?'  

~
Written by Ahavati
Go To Page  
Ahavati said:Almost didn't remember the title to this. I thought it ironic in lieu of your comment. This poem is a testament to my own personal growth since writing it. My views have totally changed.

I remember reading it during the dark days of my RL troubles.

"dumpstered potluck"

Now that's a word feast!

Go to page:
Go to: